1980 Sea Nymph SS 165 Rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

dozerII

Admiral
Re: 1980 Sea Nymph SS 165 Rebuild

Morning Jason, good progress. My 201 is the same there is no limber hole depression formed in the ribs, only a slight gap between the hull skin and the rib. I still haven't found a way to get the yellow residue off the aluminum.
Glen

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

OK, I just realized that I've basically turned the corner from demo mode to rebuild mode, cool!

Prolly about time I decide what color this boat is going to be.
P1080477.jpg

The Islander is going to be blue, so that's reserved.

I'm nearly certain the hull bottom and topsides will be white and the interior will be grey. So, that's pretty much that.

I know you guys love my drawings!

Red? I don't even know why red is an option, I'm not much of a red kinda guy but here it is...
P1080477-1.jpg

Green?
P1080477-2.jpg

Now, the Jet was black. Looked super cool very sharp!!!:cool: But in the short time I had her I could tell it would be maintenance to keep it looking good. Though, I spose a quick wipe down now and then isn't that big of a deal....
P1080477-3.jpg

I know you guys are:rolleyes:

All right whatcha think?

I just counted and I'd like to be at Sea Trial in 6 weeks, gotta get moving!

BonairII

Commander

I just counted and I'd like to be at Sea Trial in 6 weeks, gotta get moving!

Yup...it's about time you spent some time on the water instead in the garage. Personally, I'm happy to have my 75% complete boat ON the water....rather than keeping it on land to finish it up. I'll start finishing her up as time/budget allow.

Some shade of blue would be my choice. The green is yucky. *Black is sleek looking, but soaks up heat.

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Some shade of blue would be my choice. The green is yucky. *Black is sleek looking, but soaks up heat.

+1... I know the Islander is blue, but I think metal boats that are light blue and white look very classy. Red might be good too, but usually better on a sportscar as opposed to an SUV - and this boat is an SUV.

BonairII

Commander

BTW:

Jas, I forgot to commend you on your photoshop skillz. :rolleyes:

:D:D:D:D

Piece715

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Thanks piece! Yah but it looks like you are boating this weekend where I have a ways to go yet:redface:

IM - Yup, I do believe the Islander will be pulled out this afternoon and the SN will go in. You read my mind;)

Another set back Jas.... so no splash :redface:... but thus is life in the dry dock... but im trying to keep my head above water... Keep trucking buddy, It's an awesome feeling in the home stretch!

EDIT: But i did make it to the water on a friend's boat... Here's a sneak peek of AR lakes...
photo (2).jpg

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander

I like black on the bottom to not spook fish as much,...

And white on the sides and top to help stay a bit cooler,........

boatnut74

Lieutenant Commander

Blue would be my color of choice on that boat. The red looks good. Not so much on the green.

Triton II

Commander

Did I ever tell you I like black hull with natural alloy bottom and white topsides? No? Oh well, how about a black hull with a natural bottom and white topsides? :) By the way, I boat in salt water and always wash down the trailer and hull after every outing. She looks as good as she did when new four years ago except for the odd bit of dock rash :facepalm:.

TII

1973Chieftain

Lieutenant

Your Jet Star looked SHARP in black and polished!! A second options, even though you mentioned the big girl will be blue, is Rustoleum's navy blue. To my eye its lighter then some navy, more towards royal.... also looks sharp. Its what im doing the AC interior in, and why my Jet hull is. Just my 2 cents

TundraRocks

Petty Officer 2nd Class

...All right whatcha think?...
I'm not a red guy either, but the rustoleum Regal Red downplays the brightness a little,
P1080477-3.jpg

otherwise I would go with the black. I think a green would look good as well, but it's hard to find a green that looks good. The color of green you posted looks not so good ;) in my opinion.

maddiedog

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Lund makes a really sharp dark green boat. You should look at a few of those before you rule out green.

MichaelP

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Rusto hammer tone silver, green or blue look prett sharp (in that order for me). The texture also hides little imperfections.

Attachments

• 678.jpg
    678.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 0

dozerII

Admiral

Jason, how about the same color as your KOOL-AID guy, you seem pretty fond of him. On a more serious note, I tried all the chemicals in my arsenal and the only one that will tough that yellow crap on the bottom of the 201 is Mar-Hyde aircraft stripper, not good.
Glen

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Do it up exactly like the Jet.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Well rats, you guys are all over the map just like me!!!!

1st - I really like that brushed alum like I ran on the Jet. Love it actually, really cool! But that was sooooooooo much work to get it to look like that! The paint is excellent on this SN so I'll not be stripping it off.

2nd - For those of you in the blue camp (that was not an option) my better half would love you. See the Islander was going to be black at one point. Then, to get my wife to actually like me, I decided that the Islander would be blue. Why? Well, she reeeeaaallllly wanted to to be blue, big time! That way the Islander would match her blue and white stripe towels that that she has in mind.:rolleyes: She said this SN should be blue as well to match that same set of towels:facepalm: I love her, she cracks me up:) So, I'll stew on the blue some...

3rd - I just don't think I can pull off the red.

4th - The green I may be able to pull off, maybe, maybe not. The black is really cool:cool:
1008226.jpg

I love those windshields ^^^^^^^^ too!

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander

See if yous can find a set of Ranger "double bubbles" for this one,.......

Those are the toughest and best looking ones on the market, In my opinion,..

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Had a few minutes to pull the SN off the trailer, levitation method...
P1080663.jpg

P1080665.jpg

Trailer with all the bunks/rollers/winch post adjusted and ready for rehab...
P1080666.jpg

I did a bunch of plotting/scheming this morning. This is going to be a great boat to rebuild and should make for a great fun ride when she's done:D

64osby

Admiral

Levitation - Chris Angel, David Blaine and new on the scene Jason.

Plotting and scheming sounds like your getting ready to have a revolution, or is that a revelation.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Yah bro, I was hatching plans for the deck build, bow layout, and console installs. The stuff I'm thinking is just a hair different than standard operating proceedure;):D

Status
Not open for further replies.