1980 Sea Nymph SS 165 Rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1980 Sea Nymph SS 165 Rebuild

Yah Glen, I wasn't necessarily thinking that material (I was thinking more bottom feeder budget style cuz that's how I roll), but the concept I had would exactly be the same. I'm certain there are a few ways to skin this cat but the basic idea remains the we have to have the water drain. What you posted up there would be a great solution I think!

Hmmmmmm....

Thinking here.......

Well, on my Sea Nymph here that stuff would be ok, just a bit of a challenge to cut and fit with my stringer/structure set up. But, I have an idea for that;)

Now, on our Starcrafts, I think it would cut and slide into place nicely right under our stringer structures:)

Hmmmmmmmm.....

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

Seriously, as deep as the V is on that boat it would make an excellent pour foam boat. Drill some 1/2" limber holes down the keel and keep a 6" wide drainway clear from stem to stern and you'd never have to worry about saturation if she was trailered with the plug out most of the time.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

OK, change of plans!!:D

A lil while ago a fellow iboater suggested I sign up for the "Teleflex Xtreme Steering System Field Test". I submitted the Smoker Craft concept...

http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x447/GT1000000/SmokerCraftV1.jpg

...but Teleflex said that was waaaaaayyyy to much horsepower for their system (plus I sold that boat anyway). But, they happened to notice my Sea Nymph project and I just got an email from them...

Congratulations!

You have been selected from a list of forum members who signed up as a possible field tester for the new Teleflex Xtreme Mechanical Steering system.

WWWWWWOOOOOoooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhooooooo!!!!!!!!:D:D

Pumped!!!!!:)

So, because I now have a duty to report back to TeleFlex on the system I feel it would be important for me to do so in a timely manner. Waiting clear til next year just wouldn't be kosher, ya know.

What that means is the Islander has been subbed (sorry big girl) and this Sea Nymph is in the game!

I have 8 weeks, go time!!

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

I just had the strangest dream... I dreamed you bought a Jet Star in the middle of your Islander project, refurbed it beautifully BTW, then sold it suddenly (I vaguely remember being sad), then you bought this crazy little smokercraft with blue and mustard yellow "camo" - and you threw these crazy little transom boards on the back and then sold it a couple of days later, then you came home with this Sea Nymph Boat and started a huge fight on iboats about pour in foam and how it stinks, but then you came back and said you were going to use pour in foam, but that you were going to table the project while you worked on the Islander, then you started working on the Islander again, but then you got some free steering system and so you tabled the Islander again... Crazy, I know...

Oh, BTW, I did a little google search this morning and thought this link might come in handy for you on your trip... Its the boat rental place on Manistique..

http://www.sandandstarsresort.com/index.php?page=Boat_Rentals_and_Lake_Info

I know you hate a doubter, so I'm throwing that down as a little motivation for you....

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

OK, change of plans!!:D

A lil while ago a fellow iboater suggested I sign up for the "Teleflex Xtreme Steering System Field Test". I submitted the Smoker Craft concept...

http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x447/GT1000000/SmokerCraftV1.jpg

...but Teleflex said that was waaaaaayyyy to much horsepower for their system (plus I sold that boat anyway). But, they happened to notice my Sea Nymph project and I just got an email from them...

Congratulations!

You have been selected from a list of forum members who signed up as a possible field tester for the new Teleflex Xtreme Mechanical Steering system.

Pumped!!!!!:)

So, because I now have a duty to report back to TeleFlex on the system I feel it would be important for me to do so in a timely manner. Waiting clear til next year just wouldn't be kosher, ya know.

What that means is the Islander has been subbed (sorry big girl) and this Sea Nymph is in the game!

I have 8 weeks, go time!!

Congratulations! I am very happy for you!

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Congrats Jason!:D

Just remember to measure the right boat...:rolleyes:...if you still have it, that is...:facepalm:

dozerII

Admiral

Man your hard to keep up with Jason, congrats on the test system.
Glen

jbcurt00

Staff member

CONGRATS!

Couldn't have happened to a better guy! Look forward to seeing it come together so quick.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

PMC - I do believe you have been dabbeling in some crazy southern style peote right before you hit the sack cuz those are some crazy/rediculous visions right there!:eek:

You just can't make up stuff like that:rolleyes:

And yah, I accept your challenge:D

Thanks guys! Appreciated:D

-------------------------------------------------

Morning progress.....

I quickly walked past the Islander without making eye contact and headed out to the drive.

Flipped the Sea Nymph back over and loaded her onto the donated Yacht Club trailer. The set up is all wrong now but it should be a very easy refit. It'll make a great ride for this hull:D

For me to pull this off you guys ought to see pretty rapid and regular progress on this thread, so here we go!:)

jbcurt00

Staff member

I just had the strangest dream... I dreamed you bought a Jet Star in the middle of your Islander project, refurbed it beautifully BTW, then sold it suddenly (I vaguely remember being sad), then you..... (SOME CONTENT HAS BEEN REMOVED.....) Crazy, I know...

Oh, BTW, I did a little google search this morning and thought this link might come in handy for you on your trip... Its the boat rental place on Manistique.... http://www.sandandstarsresort.com/index.php?page=Boat_Rentals_and_Lake_Info
I know you hate a doubter, so I'm throwing that down as a little motivation for you....

Congrats Jason!:D Just remember to measure the right boat...:rolleyes:...if you still have it, that is...:facepalm:

1) PMC: All of that was wrong on so many levels it was exceptionally funny! Of course, I'm not sure which is worse: Dreaming about another man & his boats or his wife (& her boats??? Maybe.. Yeah maybe not...)...... The boat dream is worse, correct? <<--- Is this wrong?:facepalm:

2) GT: Also harsh man harsh..... if you still have it???

Wow, awful early for some hating isn't it..... I know Jas can take it. Dishes it pretty well, so he'd better:D

Again congrats on getting selected for the field test Jas! Outstanding.....

Piece715

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I'm JEALOUS jas!!! Congrats! I didn't meet the requirements... my motor was too small... that's what she said! :facepalm:

InMotion

Commander

Are you pullin' the Islander out for some more "wiggle" room in the shop? This is go time... so no wasting any time on to tight of a space issues!!!

Congrats and it really is "rock and roll time". No prob. It'll get done. Heck, a new transom, stuff the motor on and a cooler and you're good to go right?:D

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Thanks piece! Yah but it looks like you are boating this weekend where I have a ways to go yet:redface:

IM - Yup, I do believe the Islander will be pulled out this afternoon and the SN will go in. You read my mind;)

64osby

Admiral

Congratulations!

Jason Congrats, Just a reminder, field tester is a phrase, it really means water test. That means the boat has to leave your field and woods and actually be in the water.

I hear the Mission Impossible music in my head, "Good morning Mr. Jas, Your mission, should you choose to accept it is... ...as always the Starmada will disavow any knowledge of your mission because it's a Sea Nymph"

Good Luck:D

boatnut74

Lieutenant Commander

Congrats on the steering system! That looks like a really nice system and the price is bottom feeder friendly :D

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

First off - Congrats on winning the Teleflex, Jas. It found a good home and as BN said
the price is bottom feeder friendly
Second - Check the trailer ties and bearings. I think it's time for a 5000 mile check-up from all the moving in and out. :D

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

64 - You crack me up man, crack me up!:D

BN - Yah buddy, I wasn't even thinking they were working with my budget eh!:)

GA - I was keeping watch for one of those darn Kanucks and I got a backhand form the south:eek: Cheers buddy:)

---------------------------------

K, headed out to move some boats around:cool:

1973Chieftain

Lieutenant

Congrats on the steering score man! The boat is going to be fantastic when you are done (oh, about middle of next week right?) :)

TruckDrivingFool

Lieutenant Commander

You know I'm getting whiplash from trying to keep up on which Jas thread to watch. Maybe we could get the Mods to just meld all of them together and call it Jas's Boat of the Week.

No?!?!? OK where did I put that neck brace?

Status
Not open for further replies.