1980 Sea Nymph SS 165 Rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 1980 Sea Nymph SS 165 Rebuild

A good pair of big side cutters is a must in any boat,........Need a way to cut hooks when they stick someone,..

dozerII

Admiral

Nice job Jason, should work out real well at a great price.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Jas - You're making' the SN too pretty to fish in. So no worries about snaggin' the carpet.

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Just stopping by to nice: (a) nice work on the pedestals and the carpet - looks killer; (b) and lace up your shoes - its that time of year again... Here is your trophy from last year: :second:

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

All I can say is...

You are a Natural!

No matter the task at hand, you conquer it with amazing ingenuity and a professionalism that is hard to beat!:dance:

Can't wait to see the finished product...:D

jbcurt00

Staff member

774_smiley_getting_kicked_in_the_balls.gif
tough crowd............

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Nice job Jason, should work out real well at a great price.

Bottom feeder boat build my friend :thumb:

Jas - You're making' the SN too pretty to fish in. So no worries about snaggin' the carpet.

Yah, she'll be kinda pretty to start but she will most certainly be used, and I'm totally cool with that:joyous:

Just stopping by to nice: (a) nice work on the pedestals and the carpet - looks killer; (b) and lace up your shoes - its that time of year again... Here is your trophy from last year: :second:

Hey tubby, great to see ya! I ran today how bout you?:becky:

(course then I ate a giant after church lunch)

(that was a good burn you delivered right there^^^^^)

Gus - Thanks bro, fist bump!

Jb - They were just short on hugs as youngens!

Gibbles

Lieutenant Commander

+1

I looked at the "marine grade" carpet and the home depot stuff, no difference at all!

looking good!

Magnum marker!
MagnumPi_zpsd720616b.jpg

dmoriarty51

Petty Officer 1st Class

that looks like the same stuff i glued down in my crestliner.. i got a couple years on it and it seems to be holding up ok. my boat is covered or indoors when not in use.

top notch work as always

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Ha, Gib! Nice reference:friendly_wink:

moriarty - Thanks man! Ya, hopen it'll last me a few years anyhow. If I can get a half dozen it'll be well worth it to me. I can always make another set no prob. And, for the price I paid, I won't feel bad at all if it gets trashed and I toss it.

So guys, my punch list is growing shorter, like it:thumb:

New VHF is en route and I should be able to get that in this week.

All my hatch covers had a gunwale or something preventing them from flipping all the way back - except for my fish box lid. That one could flop all the way over putting undue stress on the hinge. So I picked up this stainless hatch spring thing off eBay for cheap and installed this morning. Works perfect!
P1100043.jpg

Hope yall' have a great Monday:joyous:

wolfsmurf

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Dude, everything you do makes me feel like its my first day in shop class and the teacher put me in charge. Lol. Seriously though, this boat looks so awesome. Everything goes together so nicely, you sure your not a designer or something?

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Solid!

Hey, I think I missed the portion of this program where you made (or purchased)/installed the gaskets... Since my hatches are constructed similarly (i.e. I copied you), that's been on my mind lately... Do share the details, please...

Gracias..

850Merc

Petty Officer 1st Class

Stealing the carpet thing at some point, hope thats cool. Glad to hear the HD stuff is adequate, that will definately save some dough and keep people from sliding all over the place. Curious about the snaps when you get it back, perhaps a video?

rrumba

Ensign

been ahwile since i have been on here, just stopping in to see the awesome progress you have made with this rig. Nice work as normal there jas.....

Piece715

Senior Chief Petty Officer

JAS! 82 pages?! I get a new job, move all my worldly possessions to my new home on the Alabama/Georgia line, been MIA for 3-4 months and your still trucking along and now at 82 PAGES!! I DONT EVEN REMEMBER WHERE I LEFT... I do believe it was somewhere around tackling the wild animal that was left on ur front step! Hope all is well and all digits are still attached :D Now if you dont mind i got some reading to do!

Piece715

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Made it to page 57... had to come comment. SPLASH!!!! YAY!!!
Ok now back to reading. AHHH CRAP... got a patient in 3 minutes... TO BE CONTINUED...

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Everything goes together so nicely

Thanks wolf:joyous: Yah, still trying hard to catch that balance between a nice fishing boat and a nice ski boat ya know:thumb:

Solid!

Hey, I think I missed the portion of this program where you made (or purchased)/installed the gaskets... Since my hatches are constructed similarly (i.e. I copied you), that's been on my mind lately... Do share the details, please...

Gracias..

Actually man, there are only two hatches that have gasket. The baitwell and the fish box. The baitwell had one and it fell off super quick. The water combined with kiddos reaching in took it right off. Then I put another one on. That met the same fate. So, I'm pretty sure I'm just going to take it off all together. Everything is all sealed up really well back there. Now, the one on the fish box (photo up there), that's doing good. It's a fat one like in the garage door isle at the hardware store eh:wink:

Curious about the snaps when you get it back, perhaps a video?

Yah, I'm kinda curious too! Ha! I hope I can pull it off:encouragement:

been ahwile since i have been on here, just stopping in to see the awesome progress you have made with this rig. Nice work as normal there jas.....

Thanks Roger, great to see ya man!

Made it to page 57... had to come comment. SPLASH!!!! YAY!!!
Ok now back to reading. AHHH CRAP... got a patient in 3 minutes... TO BE CONTINUED...

I wondered where the heck you went to piece, welcome back man!:welcome:

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Another check on the list...

I snatched a few Attwood clips - installed my navigation lights safe/secure and out of the way...
P1100079.jpg

:thumb:

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Just noticed in the latest pic that the backrest of the flip up seat, seems to rest nicely against the pedestal fishing seat...
This forms an idea as far as supporting the flip seat in the up position...
A- You could add a removable support piece that installs in the pedestal seat base and can be stowed aboard in a compartment...AND...
B- Use the idea that was floated around of installing a couple of rubber bumpers on the gunwales to support the ends of the flip seat?

Just throwing out/up some ideas...;)

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Yah Gus, I've been thinking what you are thinking too. That pedestal seat cushion actually supports that bench back rest perfectly. I think I'm just going to use that till I come up with something juuuuuust right - have a few ideas just about like what you are brewing there.....

:peace:

Status
Not open for further replies.