1980 Sea Nymph SS 165 Rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShowMeGuy

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 1980 Sea Nymph SS 165 Rebuild

So I picked up this stainless hatch spring thing off eBay for cheap and installed this morning. Works perfect!
P1100043.jpg

:

I must not be feeling my wicked smart self this AM.... I just don't see how that thing is gonna close up? That spring is super long and already compressed it looks like when it's open?
Fill me in my brutha from anotha mutha..

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

HA!

That spring actually just folds in half. I'd take a photo of the hatch closed, but, uh, well, it just looks like the hatch is closed I suppose, eh:becky:

Rock on man:rockon:

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander

HA!

That spring actually just folds in half. I'd take a photo of the hatch closed, but, uh, well, it just looks like the hatch is closed I suppose, eh:becky:

Rock on man:rockon:

Turn on a flashlight and put it in the live-well,...Then turn on your video camera and out it in the live-well,......Then close the lid,....

Boom,.......Bob's your uncle,...........

Not as funny as tackling a Puma in a box,......But kind of funny,..........:D

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Not as funny as tackling a Puma in a box,......But kind of funny,..........:D

Well, now, if I stuffed a Puma in that fish box, then video taped one of my kiddos opening the lid (with the spring in action) we might have something eh!:heh:

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander

Well, now, if I stuffed a Puma in that fish box, then video taped one of my kiddos opening the lid (with the spring in action) we might have something eh!:heh:

I'll give yous a dollar if you do that,...............

Piece715

Senior Chief Petty Officer

All right, this should be way low on the list of important things to get done but I was kinda excited. This is a brand new Detmau swim platform. Lists at $140, I eBayed it for $38.00 :eek::D
P1090382.jpg

As you can see, I can't be bothered with different shades of white now;)

That will be sweet for tubing/swimming/skiing ^^^^!

Alright made it to page 62... can u fill me in about thedetails of this install? I wanted to attach one or any ladder to the back of mySN but unsure best method. Not sure if our splashwells are the same set up but the only place i have found to go completely through the transom for a bolt is too close to the lower unit and wouldn't provide proper clearance. Sooo woo me with ur words of wisdom sir and allow me to bask in the rays of SN whisperer!

Piece715

Hey, I wanted to post up this shot of what this Sea Nymph looked like factory...

scan0008.jpg

She sure doesn't look like that anymore!

(Compliments of train, thanks buddy!)

Ok got to know where ya found this?! or do i need to give a shout out to train... I would love one for my '86 SS155... although it's not like i went custom or anything :crazy: :whistle:

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Alright made it to page 62... can u fill me in about thedetails of this install? I wanted to attach one or any ladder to the back of mySN but unsure best method. Not sure if our splashwells are the same set up but the only place i have found to go completely through the transom for a bolt is too close to the lower unit and wouldn't provide proper clearance. Sooo woo me with ur words of wisdom sir and allow me to bask in the rays of SN whisperer!

Well #1, yours is obviously a pleasure boat (I can tell because there is a chick painted on the hull, ha!). So you'll be hanging out chillen on the water. You need a swim platform for sure!

For my set up I just mounted it as far out as I could and I had a fair amount of clearance from the engine, it was all good:joyous:

Ok got to know where ya found this?! or do i need to give a shout out to train... I would love one for my '86 SS155... although it's not like i went custom or anything :crazy: :whistle:

Check it out:

Sea Nymph Catalog Photos by sn85 | Photobucket

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

OK, quick update, I dropped off the carpet to be bound up the other day. I think he needs to order the Sunbrella material I wanted to run the job so he said a couple of weeks to get that done.

I snatched up this setup for the VHF - Standard Horizon Eclipse and GAM SS-2 Antenna (with adapter)...
P1100080.jpg

P1100081.jpg

Seems like high quality gear, like it!

I got the recommendations here:

http://forums.iboats.com/electrical...otors/vhf-antenna-recommendations-590446.html

continuousWave: Whaler: Reference: VHF Antenna

OK, programming note, I'll be going underground for a while. The next time I post you should see a finished Sea Nymph in action!

Cheers ya'll, much luv:becky:

ShowMeGuy

Chief Petty Officer

I got the same radio... Works great with my big whip antenna... I esp. like the scan function of the presets.... Love it for the Mississippi river.. and by the locks/dams.

Piece715

WHOA?! WAIT THERE IS A LADY ON MY BOAT!!!! CARP! ohhh yeaaaaa i remember now... she's been sitting in a storage place since i moved... I check on her every once in a while :rolleyes:

THANKS a BUNCH for that link! Have always wanted to see that!

Now for your swim platform... what hardware did you use? Did you go fully through the transom or just 5200 and solid screws?!

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Now for your swim platform... what hardware did you use? Did you go fully through the transom or just 5200 and solid screws?!

Stainless through bolts and a blob of 5200 eh:joyous:

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Hey fellas! Good news, bad news.....

The good news is, the Sea Nymph is done!!!

Bad news, I have a semi major issue on the Evinrude, so yah, it's actually not done yet. Rats:mad-new:

I have a video upload in progress, hang tight.

Poop:facepalm:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

:D :eek:

:welcome: Aren't you a week early?

jbcurt00

Staff member

Sorry to hear about the motor troubles, but welcome back just the same...... Early or not

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

I sense a dump kilt glass boat getting it's revenge.:cold:

magnumdeke

Chief Petty Officer

Maybe Jas got confused and thats why the vid isnt up, he realized he was early!
Possible he just couldn't stay away and wanted to tease us!????
Welcome back Jas and sorry to hear the motor is on the fritz!\

OHHHYA, Pics or Mob!!!

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Early? Nah, I'm not catholic;)

Hey, false alarm! The engine was getting hot on me with the muffs, threw it in a barrel, ran cool:cool:

I do believe I may have had an air pocket or something going on.

Anyhow, she's runnig great and yup, the Sea Nymph is now officially done!:becky:

I owe you guys a few photos don't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.