1978 Starcraft Mariner 210 Restoration

Isaacm1986

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: 1978 Starcraft Mariner 210 Restoration

Something showed up in the mail today.

346736bb.jpg

Now i just need to wait for the starter.

Isaacm1986

Lieutenant Junior Grade

The starter arrived today. Tomorrow I am installing it. I bought a new battery as well, so all the basis should be covered (i hope). Tomorrow i will try to start it again to finally find out if the water pump issue is fixed.

Will post a update tomorrow.

oxbeast1210

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey buddy just wondering what happen to your project?
thanks

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks guys for the Idea's! I am glad I came across this, cause it just saved me well over $100 worth of foam sheets!

My wife is going to start bringing some bottles home from work every night, so I hopefully will have enough in the next week or so.

I am brainstorming on some idea's to hold them in place besides pour in foam. What about little dabs of PL Premium? Just enough on each bottle to hold it in place?

Any other thoughts?

Hey,......I'm new around here but have been enjoying reading up on your project,...Looks like fun. I redid a 16 foot Alumacraft tiller a couple of years ago and know how rewarding it can be,...

But I wanted to weigh in on the "bottle" idea as flotation,....I think it's a bad idea, The two part pour in foam will help add some structural rigidity to your boat, And fill voids much better,...

It's your passengers and your life in your hands,.....Personally I would not spare any expense when it comes to proper flotation,....

On a totally unrelated side note,.....I think your rig would be bad azz with a "big" tiller!!!

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander

Ugg,.........

Every thread I read ends the same way,..No one is done with their project,....lol....

Looks good,.....Glad to read latter on that you skipped the bottle idea,...Safety first,...

fshngho

Lieutenant

They are BOATS Teamster...we will never finish:eek:
Honestly check out the restorations in the Starcraft Forum. There are many that are done. EZ-Stratosman-North Beach etc.

Isaacm1986

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hey buddy just wondering what happen to your project?
thanks

Well everyone,

The boat is still here. The wallet is pretty tight right now. We had to throw $1500 at some jeep repairs, and we have had a lot of bills due the last 2 months. (insurance, dental, doctor visits for the little ones, yada yada....)

But the boat is still here and I will be getting back to it sometime soon. I promise.

I did install the new starter, and solenoid. The motor starts now, but something is still not right with the water flow. I am really just waiting to take it back to the mechanic and let him figure it out.

Anyway, that is about it for now. I will try to get this thread rolling again.

Thanks guys for checking up...

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander

They are BOATS Teamster...we will never finish:eek:
Honestly check out the restorations in the Starcraft Forum. There are many that are done. EZ-Stratosman-North Beach etc.

I have been spending way to much time around here,..

I'm starting to get way to many ideas for next winter,......

fshngho

Lieutenant

I have been spending way to much time around here,..

I'm starting to get way to many ideas for next winter,......

Don't fight it. Look into our Starcraft glazed eyes...your life is now ours grasshopper. Your money and time, now and forever devoted to the Starcraft Club.

Bwaaaaaaaa Haaaaaaaaaaa (eyes bulging out and cape over face)
slowly limping back to the cave..(garage)

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander

Don't fight it. Look into our Starcraft glazed eyes...your life is now ours grasshopper. Your money and time, now and forever devoted to the Starcraft Club.

Bwaaaaaaaa Haaaaaaaaaaa (eyes bulging out and cape over face)
slowly limping back to the cave..(garage)

I think if I found a 20 footer that I could turn into a tiller I would have a new project in the shop,.........lol...

jjacobs007

Lieutenant

You didnt move the Reg #s ?

looks like they were midship...then now on the bow...

Now my wife is second guessing..so I could be wrong..but it still looks like a movement of the reg ...

Is there any way you can see what Im talkin about... Looks fishy agree ?

YD.

Just follow the top line from stern to bow and notice how it sharply angles up by bow.same in both pics.This line doesnt go up sharply at midship.I like this boat hes workin on.everyone makes mistakes,just make sure you or your little one dont become detectives.LOL

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander

Looks like they killed your link but sorry to hear your leaving. I was watching your thread (and others). I guess some are not open to different opinions and must resort to rude name calling. That was not cool. I wonder if a mod has ever called another mod out???

Isaacm1986

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Well it in a nutshell is the rude name calling, and lack of respect that has been here lately.

Pretty much why i am leaving.

mark1961

Ensign

Well it in a nutshell is the rude name calling, and lack of respect that has been here lately.

Pretty much why i am leaving.

Sorry to hear that Isaac, i hope you get the issues on the rig resolved and get lots of pleasure from it in the future.

Cheers.

Friscoboater

Captain

I am very sorry about the experience you have had here. We would love for you to stay around.

sublauxation

Lieutenant

Stick around, you've thrown out some good stuff appreciated by many. Not sure where you're from but a short winter will hopefully mellow things out.

I always assume that since forums lack voice inflection, those making rude comments or jumping to uncalled-for conclusions are being sarcastic, then I laugh at or with them.

fshngho

Lieutenant

Stick around Isaac. With all the people on here we are bound to get a smart alleck sometimes. Your resto and posting helps a lot of guys and you should not let someone run you away. You are not the first, and sadly probably not the last. Just keep up your thread and let that go. We enjoy your sharing the info with us.;)

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander

It seems sometimes the "experts" do more harm than good.