1978 Starcraft Mariner 210 Restoration

nuboat2me

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 1978 Starcraft Mariner 210 Restoration

It seems sometimes the "experts" do more harm than good.

I agree a gazillion %.

Some of us are "Noobs..." Others have paid their dues to the resto gods. THey paved the way for us "Noobs"...

Now why would someone be so mean... I don't get it...

I just smile and take it for what it was worth. Someones "Opinion"... Opinions vary.... They are just that. Opinions. I do things differently than others and vice versa.

Its a sad day to lose a valued Iboats member due to ones opinions.

YD... We all learn for each other. Not nice to call someone out like that. Don't know what your reason was...

I'll stick around and hope that Issac comes back. I really enjoyed reading and watching.

Now...

Can't we all just get along...

My OPINION...

Your Mileage May Vary...

Nuboat

Isaacm1986

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hey guys,

I know i have been gone for a while, and I know i was dealing with a few issues. After some long thought, I have decided that I will keep this thread going with updates so everyone can see where I am at.

To bring everyone up to speed on the boat, I have not really done much. Work has been crazy busy, and we have seen nothing but rain here in washington. With no shop to work in, I am dependent on the outside weather, and the daylight hours (which are getting longer, thankfully!)

I did finally find a trailer for the boat. Picked it up last night. It is a 19ft galvanized 1989 ez loader. I bought it for $650, but it has a 19ft blue water boat sitting on it that I am going to part out. Good alpha 1 drive, and a good 5.7 liter mercrusier motor. So i should get more than what i paid for it back.

I will have to figure out how to make the tongue on the trailer a little longer, anyone have any ideas?

Anyway, that is about it. Things should start rolling again on the boat pretty soon. I will keep you all updated. I will also post pics of the boat trailer a little later on.

Huron Angler

Admiral

Hey Isaac, glad to see your thread is alive again:)

Sounds like a good deal on the trailer, you might be able to make a few bucks on the salvage if that 5.7 is still good.

Hope the weather cooperates for you, spring is on the way I hear.

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks for the update! I dislike threads that just end......LOL

Isaacm1986

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hey Isaac, glad to see your thread is alive again:)

Sounds like a good deal on the trailer, you might be able to make a few bucks on the salvage if that 5.7 is still good.

Hope the weather cooperates for you, spring is on the way I hear.

Yes spring is on the way, and better yet summer.

Isaacm1986

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Here is the trailer. I just sold the boat, with the drive and motor for $300. I know that was a good deal for the people buying it, but i did not want the hassle of getting rid of a empty hull.

Anyway, that puts me $350 into this trailer. A really good deal in my opinion. The trailer has surge brakes, new tires, and all the rollers seem to be in good shape. There is no rust on it, overall a nice trailer. Here are the pics.

867e3dc5.jpg

7360036c.jpg

93c36e89.jpg

GLG fishing

Chief Petty Officer

sprintst

Commander

Hey. Is that the same trailer in the pics? Just kidding... I think that's how it all started last time :)

Nice trailer. I could use a deal like that.

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander

That looks to be a very nice trailer, looks heavy duty, and the EZ loader decal stayed put from pic to pic....he he he!!!

Isaacm1986

Lieutenant Junior Grade

That looks to be a very nice trailer, looks heavy duty, and the EZ loader decal stayed put from pic to pic....he he he!!!

Haha! Yes they have stayed put.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

As long as you can get your stern far enough forward to be well supported, then I'd say you got a screaming deal on a really nice shape trailer.

fshngho

Lieutenant

Bout time you came back and brought us up to date Isaac.;) I like the trailer because, well because its just like mine. Difference is I removed all the rollers and installed bunks. If you need more rollers just give me a holler.

Isaacm1986

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Bout time you came back and brought us up to date Isaac.;) I like the trailer because, well because its just like mine. Difference is I removed all the rollers and installed bunks. If you need more rollers just give me a holler.

Thanks man, I will keep that in mind.

I got the boat sitting on the trailer right now, but the rear is sticking out 1.5 ft. So i definitely need to extend the tongue. I am also going to have to widen the stance of the rollers. The trailer will definitely work, just will take a little work to get it set up.

Anyway, that is all for this week. I will keep you guys posted as i move along here.

nuboat2me

Petty Officer 2nd Class

How much room from the bow stop to the hitch? Can you move the bow stop forward?

Its only 18 inches... I could be wrong.... I WAS going to save my trailer off of my project boat for my rinker... Measured. Still Too short.. RATS... :mad:

Oh well.

Keep us posted!!!

Rain rain go away.... ya know... just sayin'... :)

Nuboat

Isaac, Your boat is lookin' mighty sweet! Can't wait to see her finished!

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander

Hey! How about an update. I saw you post your rusto pic, wondering if it got wet this summer?

Isaacm1986

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Yep she is wet, runs good, cruises right along. I kept the interior open. laid in some carpet, wired up some down riggers, got rid of the ugly top, finished the center console, and just been fishing with it.

Isaacm1986

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Im getting ready to start my first wood boat build. 18.5' Flats Flyer. I am pretty excited for that. When it is done it should look something along the lines of this:

026flats-miller-2.jpg

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Wood boats are very interesting to me. That one looks way sharp!