1978 Sea Nymph SS160 resto

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Re: 1978 Sea Nymph SS160 resto

H2O

I fell out of loop about halfway through your five day blitz but am catching up on your wonderful work.

This has been real enjoyment following your progress, ideas, craftsmanship and getting to this point.

I cant believe how well the picture turned out of the 55 cover let alone how nice the paint and decals look. Congrats to the Admiral and you both.

I didnt realize the Mightly Columbia held such a variety of species. With that early experience and getting to this point of the resto it's got to be a good feeling to put it all together. Sure enjoyed the pics with the mountains in background. Beauty !

You have every right to be proud of the cooler set up. Sure is curious how it just fits a fine Becks though.....

I mentioned earlier wanted to invest in your soon to be resto company but glass ? Think I'll just hang loose for time being and watch this play out. You have been known to not only think outside of the box but sometimes stir up the pot a bit so standing by.

Hopefully you'll have some time to post a few pics of your adventures.

Top notch work.

Hey thanks for the kind words of encouragement SG. You and all the other guys here really do make it worth while to post these restoration threads.

OK, my glasser story. I talked on the phone tonight to the guy who owns the boat. Turns out the boat is in the field of my wife's new coworker and she wants it gone. Seems the boat belongs to one of her husbands friends. I called the guy and guess what... yeah he thinks the boat is gold plated. I asked him to shoot me his number and about dropped the phone ... 1500 for a nearly 40 year old rotten run of the mill glaspar 17' with his words an "immaculant" motor. "All she needs is buffed out and new seats"... I said ya ok and a complete gut job to get out the rotten decking and transom... I'm not sure I could get him down to what it's really worth.

Streetgang

Petty Officer 1st Class

and if u werent such an experienced tinner, professional

then u wouldnt even open this door...so if you dont talk kindly now, the hour is getting late

and stay away from the itch, the problems, et al

On the other hand if thats what u want, u r da man in my book,

just think twice

Streetgang

Petty Officer 1st Class

I notice you mentioned JJV's Best and am not familiar with the product. Looked it up and wondering did you use the Boat Wash or the Aluminum Cleaner on inside of hull?

Watermann

I notice you mentioned JJV's Best and am not familiar with the product. Looked it up and wondering did you use the Boat Wash or the Aluminum Cleaner on inside of hull?

I used the cleaner and it doesn't go as far as you would think either, I needed 2 quarts. Be sure to not let it streak or dry out as it will leave some nasty white streaks. I sprayed it on and used a scrub brush to work it in and help loosen the tarnish. NO NOT get it on your hands, you'll regret it! I know I did... :blue:

Watermann

Yeah, right; when:

:flypig::flypig::flypig::flypig::flypig:

Yeah exactly, I went by and looked at the glasser. She didn't talk to me, no "take me home tonight." 1974 Glastron with 135 Rude completely rotted out inside and in need of hull and cap glass work. I told the lady sorry I don't think I would take it away for free, too much work and money to restore. I would rather keep looking.

Watermann

May 1st target date for completion finds me with the SN complete. Decals are on and the boat / trailer are licensed. I plan on hitting the Columbia River this weekend and will get some pics and or video documenting the splash. A good feeling to have done all the work in 3 months and be ready for this summers fishing and boating.

y4mj-Vg0_pWxVVw3ZdYNjiNE2UO2pJo-KxUhJEi1bhd5cxqi1d50KzKPTJx5oGHuITdk5grZ67DMUARfQGv5TN8iV1006HgmaIFvhU13YCYvBearBWIC5-j2S5NxrcX6a4nHDiHPkpD45oHrsZp8oA4QWvEnW7iKPISUuW0HcIv9OqcRmb4HAsj31tHOvCYy_OVMNZt7zgUXeBf6xDLXfAdFQ

Last edited:

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Congratulations... She turned out beautifully.... Looks like she rolled off the show room floor...

Love the decals too...

I am 8 months in to my build - so you screamed through this...

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Complete? Complete!!! Awesome!!!! :clap2:

Watermann

Congratulations... She turned out beautifully.... Looks like she rolled off the show room floor...

Love the decals too...

I am 8 months in to my build - so you screamed through this...

Thanks, I guess that we all strive for like new or better when we do these restorations.

I was out in my garage almost living with the boat, after work, before work, lunch hour and all weekend. No kids at home and a wife who was super supportive and helpful I might add, allowed me to rip through in record time.

boatnut74

Lieutenant Commander

Boat looks outstanding! Congrats on the completion.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Everything looks just fantastic. Love the built in cooler. Good luck on your splash and have a great summer with it.

Streetgang

Petty Officer 1st Class

Absolutely stunning.

Will be looking for the splash pics n movie.

Thanks for link to capacity plate. That will probably come in handy for some.

You SN decal design looks way sharp.

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020

Excellent Restoration! ...and fast especially considering the adversity (in the form of prior owner shenanegans) that you faced!

The peek-a-boo cooler is probably my favorite mod!

The Johnny is nothing less than spectacular...I have a 70Hp 'Rude that needs a telltale...i haven't worked-up the stones to drill into the water jacket :lol:

Watermann

Hey thanks for stopping by you guys. SG we're supposed to have 80+ degree weather here tomorrow for my splash but the wind has been horrible, 20-25 mph. The SN is out in the driveway gassed up and ready though so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

y4m2NvL75mZYHy-X0wmhb2l1FB5RHYmEvZFLKveUD2hEhwI7_B5Sz7zfgrJzrHjQLrpDuRr8HNM_wVZz6qBspA04RWbod5UTCJZzGmjkQc1SOlybJRuyKHe5Qg_i49yb-lfSwYVXl2SgoNvAHeUSG6zQ98oZudB65xgSqiQB0yKWmOs0t63XLbqRkydxdQa5TdeotFTDcmrPVmN8_6iCiyWXg

Last edited:

Watermann

Woo hoo! She ran like never before. Great water and only a few minor issues to resolve.

y4mluH-qC3OyqyaIY7N4x7DVqnfseMRGti9ujhiXcmheyBsU0IKU_C1X8Nwkd3ogAxf8o314BtLqnYN5REvYpS60zVyguoxffyhFA_0Lic5daB9ESXZ8fkt2j3E03JoAl6gC-GYvGanrR9hy-hh2D3_Esi3-Zjzh1kZ5lQpePaiqTax7UhHwXGvlFXfA83Ca-TakKhBK-w6BCRiNyNoW6u-hw

The river was like glass this morning!

y4mHY0FzfqZrLfSANohASY7UPeaX-ATUxV4SsWEvPuyg2J8L40M_g78fmBCG8b0DxIhQGpF1GG35HXLeGArEva-CD5eSniKFMZtAcr-ksYNmkTtiiLdXhyoiBWzziftUBtbEKuVhkaxk3-jzP5qsB_p7fZAhDeQpyLebQKC6mRCewf5hsDH07v6x_HXh1l9GTzwl2d4cwAe0kQSrKjMel3SLQ

Last edited:

Streetgang

Petty Officer 1st Class

What a pic !

Beautiful river, beauty background

Beautiful couple in a beauty boat

You even fabbed a little guard rail on top of ur console, beauty

Fleeces and shorts, doesnt get better

But above all, some great smiles to celebrate !

Thanks for sharing.