1976 22' Starcraft Islander Rebuild

dozerII

Admiral
Re: 1976 22' Starcraft Islander Rebuild

Somehow I missed the 4.3 being dropped in.
Did you take pics of that moment?

Ricohman, it is in one of the videos about 4 or 5 back. What parts of the province are you from?

What's this about sea trials, Git Er Done
Glen

Friscoboater

Captain

I just did some major catching up. That video of you after chopping down those trees was funny. You could see just how tired you were. I don't know how you guys do it up there is the great north.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

I don't know about you but were supposed to have some nice weather for the next week or so, perfect for some sea trials

I'm thinking this should be nice weather in about 8 months when I'm actually ready to put this big tub in water eh!;)

Good morning to ya. Hey, I was thinking..........a good way to prevent the possibility of splitting those risers would be to drill through the risers with a bit just slightly smaller than the OD of the lag screws. Then use a smaller dia. bit to drill 2" into your stringers. The stringer meat is much more stable than those solid wood risers. You won't risk splitting them that way and you can drill without having to stagger the holes. whatcha think?

Dood, you read my mind, now I don't have to type it all out, thanks!!!

Somehow I missed the 4.3 being dropped in.
Did you take pics of that moment?

Well, that was just a test of sorts just to get the stringer risers in place. That Merc is actually up in the air again. I'll get some footage of the V6 getting lowered into (permanent) place over the weekend:)

What's this about sea trials, Git Er Done
Glen

See above Glen;)

I just did some major catching up. That video of you after chopping down those trees was funny. You could see just how tired you were. I don't know how you guys do it up there is the great north.

Hey look even Jay stopped by!

I dunno what is going on these days. It seems like I may have more glass boat guys hanging around this Islander thread than metal boat guys! What is happening around here??!!

I wonder if I need to be more hateful to the glass boat maybe?? Are you guys thinking I'd actually go glass??

I'm so confused right now!:confused: Maybe a little scared too:eek:

Hey Jay, great to see ya man:)

jbcurt00

Staff member

I dunno what is going on these days. It seems like I may have more glass boat guys hanging around this Islander thread than metal boat guys! What is happening around here??!!
I wonder if I need to be more hateful to the glass boat maybe?? Are you guys thinking I'd actually go glass??
I'm so confused right now! Maybe a little scared too:eek:

We're here for the all 'free' Kool Aid ya been offering.:eek: NOT!
^^^ That ^^^ stuff there is WAY more costly then a FREE Boat could ever be!:D Besides, there's always a pretty good video playing over here somewhere.......

Actually, we are here to watch ya fly through the rest of the resto, cause its tough to work on ours in the low, or below, 30's frigid temps. And you cut up all that nice & beefy wood, then chucked some on a toasty lil' fire.:)

Thanks for letting us take a nice bark-a-lounger tour through your thread & a sittin' spell by the fire....

Better look around, we tend to leave little piles or trails of suspicious & toxic fine white powder laying 'ere where we prop our feet... That ain't a powder sugar donut sitting there pal!?!?! :facepalm:

Mix w/ some poly & the glassers sacrificed here will reconstitute themselves & reek their revenge;)

proshadetree

Lieutenant Commander

Ja come to the glasser side we have milk and cookies.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I read but obviously have no input on this phase.

proshadetree

Lieutenant Commander

Pumpkin pie and kool aid?:eek: That gulvit must be much worse than resin. Ja cant wait for a start up in the boat vid.

bear_69cuda

Commander

I'm so confused right now!:confused: Maybe a little scared too:eek:

Don't hate the glassers! Come to the glassside of the force!

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

I read but obviously have no input on this phase.

Cool, at least I know I'm not entirely taken over by the glassers:)

Ja cant wait for a start up in the boat vid.

You and me both broham:)

Gosh, I do have a ton of rigging to accomplish before that happens though:redface:

Don't hate the glassers! Come to the glassside of the force!

OOOoooooo, glitter boats are sooooo preeeety:D

WOGH! What just happened!:eek: Snap out of it Jas!!

Hope yall are have a great Saturday morning - video upload in progress:)

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Engine mount, about half way there:)

Alignment in progress;)

dozerII

Admiral

Morning Jason, good job, I have not had to atempt that job yet, but this kind of info is getting locked in the back of the grey matter.
Glen

jbcurt00

Staff member

Congrats on a successful early Sat am PERMANENT motor install:D

So:
"And the crowd goes wild....."
crowd.jpg

Have a great weekend, nice work!

bear_69cuda

Commander

Boss,

Video 1.... Just exactly what are you trying to say brutha??????????? :D

Video 2.... No comment... :)

For real... Happy for you bro- Great work on the engine install... That 4.3 will be great power for the Islander...

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Thanks dooods!!!

-----------------------------------------------

Alignment Success!!!!

BUTTA!!!:D:D

ricohman

Lieutenant Commander

Now that I am completely up to date on the rebuild I have another question which is a bit of a hijack.
The remote oil drain is a great idea. Is this a kit?
Could I adapt something like this to my 2011 Islander 221 4.3? It would be nice to drain the oil out the back of the boat rather than sucking out of the inside.

Engine Ventilation - I have a plan! I'm actually pretty excited about this as I have some sweet stainless steel vent covers taht ate going in, they are cool! Stay tuned for that, should happen during the rigging phase.

5200 - Yah, I do love my 5200! There will be lots smeered all over the place:)

Hats - I grab them when they are on sale, like $.99, gotta keep the gourde warm ya know

I'll look at it one more time but I'm pretty sure the engine might be blocking the little pocket all together.

Yah, I've been stewing on the doghouse for a long time now. My plan is to have something totally removable in order to access the whole engine (at the moment anyway). We'll see how that turns out.

Yah, I installed a remote oil drain when I was working on the engine last year...

P1040429.jpg

That should make my life a lil easier.

Cool Craig!!! Yah, I keep saying I really ought to get some more sleep, it's pretty rediculous. Maybe when this Islander project is complete, eh!

4th coat of epoxy went on this morning;)

Yah, I got problems, course, I prolly didn't even need to say that huh:facepalm:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Jas - LOVE the tube of Bond-o grease. HaHa.