1974 Ouachita Tri-hull Bass Boat Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I'd say an A+ !
The grey paint looks good ! I think I would put a coat on the hub . At least on the outside that ya see .
Did you get any of that storm that came through today ?
Gunna try and get my sil Chris to come out and help get it flipped and on the trailer . I'll give ya a call tomorrow and let you know ..
Just like everyone on the forum I want to try and make things perfect .. But that rarely happens ...We do our best with whatever talent the good Lord loans us !

KC4ZQZ

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks woody!!! Sam, Yeah we got some storm. Couple hours worth and lots of lightning. Sounds like more coming too. Will do hub eventually. :) If you let us know as early as you can we will try to round up some ppl to help with the flip. Thanks for the A+!!!! 😄

jbcurt00

Staff member
It always sucks to work on a trailer, but ya'll done good.

Best of luck on the flip tomorrow.....

All signs are good Sam ;)

KC4ZQZ

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Today was the big day. Sam and son-n-law Chris came over and worked on the boat trailer some and then to the flip. Sam and Chris used the contraption Charles had made to flip the boat with assistance of two come-a-longs. Sam hoisted up one side and Chris the other. While Kelly and I balanced it. They pulled the wooden trailer out. Pushed our spruced up trailer under boat, flipped over boat and then lowered it onto trailer and that was that. We had a flipping good day. Thanks and kudos to our two knights in shinning armor. Have a wonderful day as I have. Lisa

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Well, that's GREAT!!!! Here I am stuck in Okie Land and you guys havin all the fun. Looks like a fun and productive day!!! You can really start to Move on her now. Won't be long till the fish are JUMPIN in that thing just so they can be seen in such a BEE-U-TEE-FUL Boat!!!!:D

GT1000000

Rear Admiral
Finished hull and trailer rehab are looking fantastic!
You guys make a super team!
I sure wish I was closer...I would love to be able to help out...
Keep up the great progress and best regards!
Gus

KC4ZQZ

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi everyone.
We were wondering if anyone has any input/advice concerning this live well pump that dad had purchased for the boat (see pic below). There are two holes in the bottom of the live well but the pump does not appear to be submergible. . Thank you!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
^^^So is this a set up for a submerged pump in the live well ? ^^^

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
OOPS!!! Sorry bout dat!!! Try these instructions for external installation.

1. Connect outlet hose from the aerator outlet fitting to the Spray
Head. Use a hose clamp at each end of the hose. (Figure 3)

IMPORTANT: Route the hose as straight as possible with an upward
angle. Avoid dips or sharp bends that can create airlock and hinder
water flow.
2. An aerator pump can be connected to the bottom of a livewell to
recirculate water within the tank.

WIRING INSTRUCTIONS
The power source to the pump must be a 12-volt DC battery ONLY.
Protect circuit with fuse (see chart) and make all wire connections
above the highest possible water level, using marine grade wire
connectors only. Waterproof all connections with suitable materials.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
There are 2 holes in the bottom of the live well that go through the hull . They are about 8 "apart . I guess the pump can be placed above the waterline in the well . It would draw water in from under the boat then recirculate to be pumped out through the other hole ? This may be the wrong type pump . I'm not sure . Maybe we could just install 2 plugs and call it a day .
Sorry for the confusion but I am . :confused:

Last edited:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Hope it's ok Lisa I just wanted to post a pic of the kayaks Charles built .. These are really beautiful !

GT1000000

Rear Admiral
Post up some pics of all the openings, both in the hull and in the live well...:photo:

KC4ZQZ

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Sam posting the kayak pics was nice of you, shows how talented Charles was. Not sure who wanted the pics of the openings but when we get the plastic off will post them too.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Yup, Pics or a drawing would really help and the elevations of the holes too!!! Are they 8' or 8" apart??
According to the pics on the package that pump can be used Externally or Submersible. I'm trying to bring back OLD MEMORIES from my Bass Boat (1995) and how my livewell was set up. Gus is on site now and he IS the BassAssassin so I KNOW it'll get done and get done RIGHT now!!! I'll quietly sit in the corner and observe the MASTER!!!!:hail::tape2::humble:

Last edited:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Not sure who wanted the pics of the openings but when we get the plastic off will post them too.
Plastic ?
Our brother down in Miami Gus is who is requesting the pics of the livewell . Basically it's just a basin with 2 holes in the bottom going through the hull .
Btw , Woody ... Where did ya git 8' from ? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.