1974 Ouachita Tri-hull Bass Boat Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC4ZQZ

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Mike I received the stickers they came without any damage and are absolutley beautiful. Forgot how to private message but I wanted Sam and the rest of my iboats friends to know. Maybe Sam can match the light blue for the stripe. Thank you so much. Can't wait to see them on the boat. Lisa

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
I'm happy to hear they arrived in one piece!!!! Glad you approve!!! Looking forwad to seeing them on the boat!!!

KC4ZQZ

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I'll get with Kelly about the pics she carries the photobucket.

friderday

Chief Petty Officer
Ladies, I know you've been going through some personal/hard days. I just wanted you to know I was thinking about you today. I'm sure I speak for many when I say I am anxious for you and Sam to get back to work on the boat. Take all the time you need, but know you are missed.

KC4ZQZ

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Lisa, thank you so much for thinking of us but have been working some. I have put 2 layers of primer on the inside of the boat. Hope to put last coat tomorrow, granny's in hosp again so back to see her and then later clean aluminum. Tell me does the black over stop coming no matter how much I sand and us mothers mag and aluminum cleaner. Pics coming soon lisa

friderday

Chief Petty Officer
Sorry to hear that news. Sometimes we just can't catch a break. Polishing...ah yes...it is a truly dirty job. I don't think it ever stops being dirty. Looking forward to some pics. Glad to hear you are still at it. Lisa

KC4ZQZ

Petty Officer 2nd Class
We'll, it's been a little while since I posted up dates Sam has got a lot done. Painted insert the darker blue the deck in light blue with grit and added extra stripe as for me I am doing what I always do. Sand, sand, sand. Boat is beautiful. Pics soon. Lisa

KC4ZQZ

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi everyone! It's been a while, and I am sorry for the absence but, as the holder of the photobucket, I feel like I should post some pictures. So, Sam and Mom have been working hard, with me getting in the way to some extent. Mom did a fabulous job getting the primer on the bottom of the boat, and Sam put the blue on with the sand stuff to keep it from being slick. Below are pictures of the blue inset that Sam put in the side pieces, mom's awesome job with the floor primer, the finished blue on the floor, and the finished other stripes on the side. We will probably drag it out into the sun sometime this weekend so that I can get some better lighted pics of the whole boat for you all. It looks awesome.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Ok, Sam, they must be Slave Drivers...They got you on your KNEES!!!! Seriously, some very nice painting going on..Can't wait to see her all dressed up and ready for the water. You guys are getting close!!!!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Yep, there is light at the end of the tunnel ! No wait that's just the anchor and nav lights and boxes of other electrical stuff that needs installing .. Gus , we may need your expertise on this . Might be easier to just send ya a plane ticket to Lake Butler !

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Electrical is EASY!!! Hook up all the wires to the Battery...Stick one wire in your mouth, then start grounding the other one at a time...When your eyes roll to the back of your head and your body starts twitching a LOT...That's the ONE!!!!;):D:lol:

GT1000000

Rear Admiral
Just getting caught up...and all I can say is...

WOW!
That there is looking like one BEEEEE-U-TEEEEE-FUL water craft!
Fantastic job on every aspect of the paint work!
As far as electrical goes...easy peasy...:rolleyes:
Write down a list of what items need to be wired in...and between all the info available through the electrical section of the forum and my limited knowledge, we'll work something out...;)

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Electrical is EASY!!! Hook up all the wires to the Battery...Stick one wire in your mouth, then start grounding the other one at a time...When your eyes roll to the back of your head and your body starts twitching a LOT...That's the ONE!!!!;):D:lol:
Ummm I think I'll pass on the shock therapy ! But I would do it if it guaranteed everything to work correctly when I'm done !!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Write down a list of what items need to be wired in.
Well I guess the usual .
Nav/anchor light
2 original courtesy light .
Trolling motor with receptacle plug .
live well pump .
Auxiliary 12 v receptacle .
Horn and button .
Bilge pump ..."maybe"
40 hp Johnson outboard ..
I think every thing needed is there except maybe some shrink wrap .
Lisa /Kelly , maybe when ya get a chance you could dump every thing out on the floor and some what organize every thing and take a few pics ..:)
When I wired the MFG it was just the bare basics .. Much more stuff on the Ouachita ...

Status
Not open for further replies.