1974 Ouachita Tri-hull Bass Boat Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Sam, Back at the Transom on the Starboard side, about 1/64th of an inch below the top...I think you missed a spot!!!:eek::D:joyous:
Other than that...It's Poifect!!!!!!!! You get one of these....

Last edited:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Just a tip for what it's worth .. On laying out the 3/8" stripe . I picked up a 2$ roll of regular ribbon from Wally world . Figured out where it needed to go then a very light spray with some spray adhesive on one side . Laid it on the hull and it stays put just enough to do the ol eyeball by guess and by golly method . Once your happy with it then just use the top and bottom of the ribbon as a guide for your tape . pull the ribbon off then a little acetone on a rag cleans up any glue that may have stuck to the paint .. Worked like a champ ! :joyous:

Mud Puppy

Petty Officer 1st Class
MERCY! The glare is hurting my eyes.

Oh and BTW, do you and the girls do house calls?

KC4ZQZ

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Sam does deserve all the praise we can give him. The boat is beautiful and Charles would love it. He is our ray of sunshine. Not only is Charles' brother in the hospital not expected to live, now his 84 yr old mother is also in the hospital. Please keep them in your prayers. There's no way we could have gotten the boat this far without Sam. He is a God-send. Lisa

jbcurt00

Staff member
Careful w/ the extra special high praise, ladies, ya need Sam's melon to remain normal sized so he can fit thru the garage door until he's done :watermelon: THEN pile it on ;)

Good thoughts headed your way for Charles's brother & mother.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Criticizing my own work has always kept my head at the correct psi ... Although I do appreciate the kind words and praise . No way will I get a melon head because I know I,m not worthy ...
Lisa, Kelly so sorry about what you are going through with your family .. Those things are never easy ..
Let me know if I can do anything ..Sam...

friderday

Chief Petty Officer
Life sure has a way of handing us too many curve balls...Sounds like you & your family are having more than your share....Thinking of you all....

jbcurt00

Staff member
That's when you need to get a BIGGER BAT!
:confused:How's that going to help??? :confused:
Fat-Batman-153x300.jpg

Sorry, it's been a long day & all I could think of when I read that was Fat bat....

Hope all the good thoughts headed your way have helped to lighten your burdens

KC4ZQZ

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thank you all for your support and prayers charles bros name was James. He is now at peace. Their mom had a pacemaker put in to regulate her heartbeats. She said about James, at least he doesn't hurt anymore. The woman is a rock Sam we hope to get back on our normal schedule in a day or two. Thanks again for your words of encouragement. Lisa

nurseman

Lieutenant Junior Grade
WOW! I have read this thread through from the beginning, and I think that it is great that you two are able to complete the project for . I am subscribing to stay current on this! I am sorry for the hard times your family has been going through,

KC4ZQZ

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks for all the kind words and prayers. The encouragement we get from this forum is great. Their mom might get to go home today. Sam thanks for your patience she hopes to come over when she's better and meet you. She's heard so much About you. Best of everything to all of you. Lisa

KC4ZQZ

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hey, nurseman glad you joined in . These guys are full of information and have been great to Kelly and myself. Thanks for taking an interest in our thread. Lisa

KC4ZQZ

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I know what your are talking about mudpuppy. You think the glare is bad on this thread, tryi walking in our garage, I have to wear shades lol! Lisa

Status
Not open for further replies.