1974 Ouachita Tri-hull Bass Boat Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Hey Jb .. Is that a sticker or an aluminum plate . My boat needs a new one also ..

jbcurt00

Staff member
It's a vinyl sticker, not foil, but it's printed on silver film so it looks like a plate or foil sticker.

You can find actual metal plates, but they aren't typically very changeable to suit your application. I WANTED it to look like the original foil sticker including the AERO MFG Syracuse Indiana info, so I chose go this route instead of a possibly more permanent metal version that was more generic.

They also do USCG style capacity & max HP 'plates' that are also a vinyl sticker. Although I've called them stickers, they are actually the same vinyl as a complete wrap, so they are VERY durable.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Hey Zazzle.com is also a source for doing DIY Stickers. It's where I get the iBoats Stickers..

jbcurt00

Staff member
I like CafePress better for exterior stickers, but I have used Zazzle in the past. The GarzonStudio stuff is actually exterior wrap vinyl like what you'd get put on the side of your work truck....

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Back to the stripes ,i really like the first and the third pics . The tallest part of the emblem that Lisa found is 3 inches .. I think we could squeeze in between the lines just barely on design #3 ..

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I think so ...
I think it was the ones from vinyl approach that Jb posted earlier ..

Last edited:

GT1000000

Rear Admiral
Still working on a few more designs...

Just a basic white overall...

Cap painted blue...

And with matching blue stripes...

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
^^^ Thinking this one ^^^ There is also going to be a set of rather large step pads made from glassed plywood that will fasten down to the bow . Kinda square but the front is on the hull radius . About a 8" gap in the middle . Those will be white oooor maybe the light blue non skid paint color that will be put on the rest of the deck .. That would make a light blue accompanying thiner stripe along with the dark blue stripes tie together rather nicely .. All depending on the owner and project manager's approval of coarse ... :)

jbcurt00

Staff member
You could probably get the Ouachita logo done w/ either the dark or the light blue in the headdress to tie it together even further.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Looks good to me ! All final designs are up to you Lisa ... The rest of us are just floating idea's ... ;)

KC4ZQZ

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hey iboats friends, Sam came over today and he put the first layer of primer on the top cap. Boat is now all white. Whoopee! Will post pics soon. Thanks again and when we figure it out we will be checking post off all you guys. Lisa

KC4ZQZ

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Not long now thanks to all our iboats friends. Lisa. Hope you are doing better ,Lisa too.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
About got this 2 part epoxy primer figured out . around 15 % on the thinner acetone/xylene . Very little OP and flowing nicely . Now if I can just guess at the right amount to mix up to cover everything that's ready .. :facepalm:
You can say what you want about the H/F spray guns but I had the ol purple people eater laying it down nicely for a rookie ..;)
Really impressed with the Petit epoxy primer and paint so far ..
And also I will add that Lisa and Kelly are working there rear ends off on this boat .. All the prep with the spider cracks and filling and sanding ,which was a bit overwhelming ,is paying off big time I must say ..
Hope everyone has a great tomorrow !!

TMIB

Recruit
This is really a great thread. I am glad I stumbled across it. I have this exact same boat, and am in the process of fixing mine up. I've done most of what I'm going to do from the water line up, and have been out fishing in it almost every weekend. The hardest part about doing the bottom is going to be taking a break from fishing!

Here's the progress on mine: http://imgur.com/a/6EZ3B

You asked a lot of questions about the livewell, and the responses here were spot on. The way I have mine rigged is just like that, with a pump for aeration in one of the holes, and I have a standpipe that I can put in the other. I have my pump rigged to a piece of PVC pipe that runs around the inside lip with holes in it, so it makes kind of a "shower" effect and really aerates the water well. I have a timer on my console to control the on/off cycle, or I can run it manually.

In practice though, I generally don't find the standpipe to be needed. The water level in the livewell reaches high enough that I don't feel the need to increase it with the standpipe very often.

This boat is a really great fishing platform, lots of room, the side gutters are really useful, and I have 3 downriggers hooked up on mine to use when trolling for kokanee. I run an 85 horse motor as my main, with a 5 horse kicker for trolling. These are linked together with a piece of flat strap and quick-release pins, so I can steer the kicker from the console.

KC4ZQZ

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I will when I learn to pin you forget this is new for me and besides haven't had that class yet lol. lisa

Status
Not open for further replies.