1972 Silverline Grand Bahama

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander
Drew, congrats on getting hitched.. Does she approve of this boat stuff? You know we can write you up a quick Pre-nup that bakes in some iboats and resto time into the marital contract...just thinking ahead, buddy...

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1972 Silverline Grand Bahama

450? Wow Mr. Moneybags :p Also, I sure hope you mean there are 450 invitees and not 450 invitations that could indicate up to 450 couples, cuz that would be really crazy!

boatnut74

Lieutenant Commander

Grinding glass and wedding invitations!!!! Oh man, you are glutton for punishment!:eek:

I am no matter what I'm doing :D

Jas is pushing tinny boats on me as well!

I think he does that to everyone!

Drew, congrats on getting hitched.. Does she approve of this boat stuff? You know we can write you up a quick Pre-nup that bakes in some iboats and resto time into the marital contract...just thinking ahead, buddy...

Thanks, she actually approves of my illness err umm I mean hobby :p I've actually been wanting to get another Starcraft. I always tell her they practically give them away in Michigan. She said "if we go to Michigan for our honeymoon you can just bring one back" Boat shopping on our honeymoon? Yep she's a keeper :D

450? Wow Mr. Moneybags :p Also, I sure hope you mean there are 450 invitees and not 450 invitations that could indicate up to 450 couples, cuz that would be really crazy!

I guess I should of clarified that a little, it was 150 invitations but it took 3 stamps on each one. Atleast they were self adhesive and not the lick and stick. But then again our 7 month old son is cutting teeth and slobbering all over so he could of helped :p

Monterey Dreams

Chief Petty Officer

Hey Boatnut,
Now that you are getting married; have you heard of the three rings of marriage?

First is the Engagement Ring

Second is the Wedding Ring

And Third is the Suffer-Ring! (Get it?):facepalm:
Dave:D

boatnut74

Lieutenant Commander

Hey Boatnut,
Now that you are getting married; have you heard of the three rings of marriage?

First is the Engagement Ring

Second is the Wedding Ring

And Third is the Suffer-Ring! (Get it?):facepalm:
Dave:D

Yep, I've heard of that. If she's mean enough theres also the bury-ring of your body :facepalm:

rrumba

Ensign

Hey BN, just got around to your post. i have passed on several boats of that size with the cabins just cuz of the grinding amount i would have to have done, sometimes i kick myslef about it also..

congrats on the wedding, and if you breeze through the michi place i am sure that JO can locate you an SC for your wedding present at his normal price........of course

boatnut74

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 1973 Silverline Grand Bahama

Today I put the Silverline into hibernation untill we get some warmer weather. I will work on the Glastron until then.
Here she is in her winter habitat

IMG_2774.jpg

She makes my truck look small :eek: It's an 07 F150 with 2" lift and 35" tires. I keep telling the fiance I need a bigger truck ;) Truth be told, she doesn't even break a sweat pulling that big girl :)

IMG_2773.jpg

glnbnz

Chief Petty Officer

Hee Hee always vote for the BIGGER truck arr arr arr!!! :D

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

A bigger truck is always a good thing, BN.

southkogs

Staff member

The profile of that beast makes you wonder how much freeboard she has sittin' in the water. Have you ever seen one floating?

boatnut74

Lieutenant Commander

The profile of that beast makes you wonder how much freeboard she has sittin' in the water. Have you ever seen one floating?

Yup, love the original literature on the Classic Silverline site :D I don't think I would be tubing or skiing behind that, there's no way I could get back in! I have a hard enough time getting back in our deck boat with a swim platform that sits 8" out of the water.

grandbahama.jpg

southkogs

Staff member

Dude, no kiddin', huh!?! You'd be like a cliff diver going off that thing.

On the plus side ... plenty of space for a nice mural :)

boatnut74

Lieutenant Commander

Dude, no kiddin', huh!?! You'd be like a cliff diver going off that thing.

On the plus side ... plenty of space for a nice mural :)

I figure I can't rent the sides of the boat for use as a billboard :D Might be able to pay for my fuel that way!

southkogs

Staff member

I figure I can't rent the sides of the boat for use as a billboard :D Might be able to pay for my fuel that way!

Yikes!! I didn't even think of fuel ... what's that monster gonna' drink? Any idea? To be honest my Comoro is pretty heavy for a 17, but the 250 mill in her is pretty gentle on gas.

boatnut74

Lieutenant Commander

Yikes!! I didn't even think of fuel ... what's that monster gonna' drink? Any idea? To be honest my Comoro is pretty heavy for a 17, but the 250 mill in her is pretty gentle on gas.

Well, I got a 5.7 Mercuiser for it. I plan on rebuilding it with a little bigger cam, aluminum intake and 4 barrel Holley carb. The boat originally had two 26 gallon fuel tanks, I will put something similiar back in. It will be more of a cruiser than a speed boat, fuel shouldn't be much of an issue. The 4.3 Merc in our deck boat does good on gas. We will burn 2-3 gallons per hour running hard skiing and tubing.

Friscoboater

Captain

I just read through your thread. That is a rally nice boat, and I cannot wait to see her back to her former glory. However, I like the Glastron better.

boatnut74

Lieutenant Commander

I just read through your thread. That is a rally nice boat, and I cannot wait to see her back to her former glory. However, I like the Glastron better.

I think I like the Glastron better as well. It will be used when I get the "need for speed" The Silverline will be good for nights out on the lake, especially with the little ones.

bear_69cuda

Commander

checking in boss...

hope all is well!

boatnut74

Lieutenant Commander

checking in boss...

hope all is well!

All is going well. The boat is still put away in storage. It will probably stay there until after the wedding next month. I still need to get some work done on our ski boat so we can actually hit the water this year :D