1972 Silverline Grand Bahama

dozerII

Admiral
Well, I happened to find out the pistons in my engine are not the correct ones. I got the engine back out and starting tearing it down so I can take it back to get the right ones installed. Just another setback.

That's not good news, how did that happen?

boatnut74

Lieutenant Commander
We closed on our new house on jan 31. It was a foreclosure so there is some work to be done. I have already re did all the plumbing. It had a bunch of broken copper pipes from freeze damage so I pulled all that out and ran new pex in its place. The pex is super easy to work with. Hope all is well with everyone.

Last edited:

boatnut74

Lieutenant Commander
I got the Silverline hauled to the new place today. 10 mile drive with some not so good tires but the trip went well. The boat seems to have been neglected but someday I will be able to start working on it again. There was a good 6" of ice down in the keel from the rain and snow we have gotten.

boatnut74

Lieutenant Commander
I have been working on the silverline again. Good progress should be coming very soon.

southkogs

Staff member
It'll be cool to see you get that monster floatin'. Glad it towed over easy ... enough.

boatnut74

Lieutenant Commander
I got my transom glued up and rough cut this week. I have a little trimming to get it to fit a little better but overall it isn't bad. It will be a few weeks before I can get it installed but progress is progress.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Carp, that's a huge chunk of ply... Better eat your wheaties on install day :)

Looks good. 1 step closer

boatnut74

Lieutenant Commander
It seems I have been away from the forum for far to long. I haven't touched the boat in almost a year. We bought a new house a year ago and that has been keeping me more than busy. I had to put in all new plumbing before we moved in. Installed a new roof, a bunch of landscaping outside and a whole new lawn. I still have a bunch of work to do on the inside when I find time.

The only projects I have work on for myself is building a couple log splitters. I built one and decided I wanted something bigger so sold it and am currently working on a second one. These have been completely fabricated and built by myself. I have a hard time paying for something I can make myself plus I enjoy the challenge.

This is the first one I built.

It had a 6.5 hp with a 16gpm pump.it was a 15 ton unit but I felt the need for something bigger.

boatnut74

Lieutenant Commander
This is the one I am currently working on. I have a 13hp Honda for it and will be running a 22gpm pump. It will be a 24 ton unit. It also has a log lift to save my back on the big logs. It is currently in the paint stage and should be done within a month when funds allow.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Hope you can get some boat work done over the winter, BN.

That's some mighty fine work on the splitters. Is the log lift hydraulic? My back would be in better shape today if I had a lift years ago.

boatnut74

Lieutenant Commander
Thanks JB! I posted there as well. Now I just need some time to catch up on everyone's projects.

boatnut74

Lieutenant Commander
GA the log lift is hydraulic. Took a lot of drawing and figuring to get it how I wanted it.

As far as boat work over the winter it probably won't happen. I don't have a place indoors big enough to work on it at the time. I do have plans on putting up a shop within the next few years.