1970 Jupiter V 16' Restoration

sschefer

Rear Admiral
Re: Starcraft club can I join ?

It was 104 at the Lake today. I think I was in the water as much as I was in the boat. Great day, the new E-Tec is wild.

Huron Angler

Admiral

Hey Rick found this 16' SC for $1400. I thought you'd appreciate the looks of the chrome/silver Merc they've got hanging off the transom:D
3k83ma3p55Q85Pa5Sf98t94b484057df7106f.jpg
http://lansing.craigslist.org/boa/1348752991.html

3k23p33l55Q15P35S698t1c7c391cf044184c.jpg

HURON angler, I got a sister in Boyne City they own the Quiznos up there (new one year old store)
and I just got back from a work trip to Detroit (Little Caesars Enterprises) back in May, visited my brother he lives in St. John's a little town just north of Lansing, spent 2 days up that way, peaceful area, looks like decent fishing areas too. Cant go wrong in Mich fishin, never got skunked once when I loved there (St Clair Shores)

Vegas, I live just north of Lansing in DeWitt township and my fishing hole is between DeWitt and St. Johns:D Don't tell anyone though:p The fishing is great in MI and I love it here.

It is peaceful here relative to the Detroit area anyhow, actually I grew up in Petoskey just north of Boyne City too, small world. Give me a shout if you are back in this area and want to catch some fish and have a beer.

Of course, the same goes for you too Rick;) Sorry for the mini-hijack.

Andy in NY

Commander

that merc looks hot on there! I love the look of old mercs (black only, not white... sorry rick)

Huron Angler

Admiral

that merc looks hot on there! I love the look of old mercs (black only, not white... sorry rick)

If I had $1400 in hand that I didn't need for bills I'd be towing her back to my place right about now:(

That rig is sitting only maybe 5 miles from where I live. If this one gets posted for a lower price I will be talking to the owner.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Oh come on HA, who needs water, electric, and cable? :)

Andy in NY

Commander

If I had $1400 in hand that I didn't need for bills I'd be towing her back to my place right about now:(

That rig is sitting only maybe 5 miles from where I live. If this one gets posted for a lower price I will be talking to the owner.

the bills will still be there... the starcraft may not! i say go for it... :D

Huron Angler

Admiral

You guys crack me up.:D I cant wait to hear what Rick and Kev have to say about this one.:rolleyes:

Just so you know, I had already sent an email to the owner after I first saw the ad this morning(I may have that kind of cash to burn in 2-3 weeks...starting to get more overtime hours at work;)). Looks like a 16' Holiday with a swinging middle windshield door. Owner claims to have recently redone the deck.

Here is the link to the full ad.

Like Kev's only 2 feet shorter?

Andy in NY

Commander

You guys crack me up.:D I cant wait to hear what Rick and Kev have to say about this one.:rolleyes:

Just so you know, I had already sent an email to the owner after I first saw the ad this morning(I may have that kind of cash to burn in 2-3 weeks...starting to get more overtime hours at work;)). Looks like a 16' Holiday with a swinging middle windshield door. Owner claims to have recently redone the deck.

tha paint on it looks like its in REALLY good shape.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

yep,,and its an OB...

And what I have to say is....Family before toys.....

Huron Angler

Admiral

yep,,and its an OB...

And what I have to say is....Family before toys.....

Thanks for being the voice of reason Kev...but the family likes starcrafts too so they agreed that using candles to read books for a few months instead of watching the dish wouldn't be asking too much:D:D:D

Seriously though, the owner responded, it is a Holiday with a swing-open windshield and the Merc is 65hp. I will be negotiating the terms shortly to see if a reasonable deposit will get that ad removed from craigslist ASAP:D

Just trying to get my invitation to Tinstock squared away. And wouldn't you agree that the $1400 with running 65 Merc price is better than the $600 15' Holiday with no motor?

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

HA bud..

I think that a boat you can drop in the drink and have a bit of fun before tearing into her is a great thing!!!!

Your 95% in the club......almost there HA!!!

Rickairmedic

Commander

HA I gotta agree with Kev on this one Family first then the toys speakin of which I got a new laptop today :D just got it up and running .

Rick

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I hope it has as much grease on it as your last one :)

Huron Angler

Admiral

Rick I hope you got all your work squared away...is tomorrow the day of the big flip?

Lion hunter

Lieutenant Commander

Are we finally going see this thing right side up? I was starting to think that you were trying to avoid buying a cover for it. :D

Huron Angler

Admiral

I think Rick's got it flipped over and the deck and seats in...he just can't figure out how to post photos on his new laptop from his new blackberry:D

EZ or SS he might need you for tech support;)

Rickairmedic

Commander

LOL Guys nope boats not flipped yet and posting pics from the new puter will be a breeze it has a card reader built in :D. I still have a pile of work backed up and should be out there right now not goofing around in here but I did finally get the new laptop up on the network and had to try it out :D. I was also able to access iboats from the crackberry yesterday while waiting to see the eye doctor who told me I needed $500.00 worth of bifocals :eek:. I thought I was haviong trouble seeing I guess that explains it LOL. The pisser is I need these glasses but they felt it was safe for me to drive withpout them for a few more days till they come in :eek:. I should start to slow down some this week and get back to redoing the bunks on the trailer since thats all thats keeping the boat upside down . Well ok there is that whole cover thing but EZ says the walmart covers work great :D.

Rick

Andy in NY

Commander

LOL Guys nope boats not flipped yet and posting pics from the new puter will be a breeze it has a card reader built in :D. I still have a pile of work backed up and should be out there right now not goofing around in here but I did finally get the new laptop up on the network and had to try it out :D. I was also able to access iboats from the crackberry yesterday while waiting to see the eye doctor who told me I needed $500.00 worth of bifocals :eek:. I thought I was haviong trouble seeing I guess that explains it LOL. The pisser is I need these glasses but they felt it was safe for me to drive withpout them for a few more days till they come in :eek:. I should start to slow down some this week and get back to redoing the bunks on the trailer since thats all thats keeping the boat upside down . Well ok there is that whole cover thing but EZ says the walmart covers work great :D.

Rick

you WERE able to access it? when i first got my pearl i tried, but just couldnt do it (too graphic intensive)

Rickairmedic

Commander

Andy I have the curve and the screen is much larger than SWMBO's pearl that may be part of the issue.

Rick

Andy in NY

Commander

Andy I have the curve and the screen is much larger than SWMBO's pearl that may be part of the issue.

Rick

it wasnt being able to view it, it was getting the pages to load...