1961 Lonestar Flamingo - SPLASHED w/Pics

Berdink

Petty Officer 1st Class
Long long thread, so I'll ask and then go back and look and see if I can find the answer. And then I'll post back here.
If we're going over the original paint, do we need the etching primer?
Or, another question, once we have this $100 paint job, can we repaint again down the road by just scuffing and painting over the older paint?

jbcurt00

Staff member
Long long thread
Try avoiding posting to inactive topics.

Look at the links in Woodonglass signature, takes you to the paint job portion of the topic.
You could ask this in your SC topic, and perhaps get replies from tin boat builders that used the tractor paint method.

Berdink

Petty Officer 1st Class
Try avoiding posting to inactive topics.

Look at the links in Woodonglass signature, takes you to the paint job portion of the topic.
You could ask this in your SC topic, and perhaps get replies from tin boat builders that used the tractor paint method.
Yeah, I realized later that this is the thread the link takes you to. He put the paint instructions in this thread. I'll take your advice and start a new thread.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
We’ll guys…
I got remarried and will be moving to Ada Ok I July! Sold the Blue Flamingo to the gentleman that I did the red interior for. I hope to buy another small fishing boat next year. Time will tell
Wish everyone a Happy Life!!
All Great things Mike! Only the Very Best!
Kevin

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Understand selling to move on with life. Sold both my old Chevy trucks (1948 and 1953) for an engagement ring 10 years ago.