1961 Lonestar Flamingo - SPLASHED w/Pics

jbcurt00

Staff member
I'm just saying, w/ a few quick camera shots & some time at a computer, a Photoshopped rendering could have been made :rolleyes:........... Jeez some guys :facepalm: :watermelon:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
#1058 I think our old buddy Jon snuck a pic of the splash .. :lol:

Dang link did not work ...

Last edited:

Mikeopsycho

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Congrats Wood! Glad to hear the Admiral sounds as excited about your boat as you are! Can't wait to see the pics.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
The Admiral is getting her Knee Replaced on October 7th. So our Boating season is done for this year. I've been doing some upholstery work for my son and his new motorcycle.

Since I've been at the Sewing machine I've been perusing the Internet and came across this...

After seeing that I started perusing my local Craigslist and Early this week was able to buy this for $40 bucks. I couldn't believe it. The case is worth $100.

I DON'T need another sewing machine but I just couldn't pass it up. It'll give me something to do this winter. Yes, I'll be doing a full restoration on it. Already found a Decal set for it and a Parts supplier. Can't believe what some of the asking prices are for some of these things fully restored. Not sure if anybody actually BUYS em!!!! I'm anxious to see if it will really sew like that video shows it doing. If so, I can use it to do upholstery with for sure. That thing is powerful!!!!

Hope everyone is having a...
Safe and Enjoyable Labor Day Weekend!!!!!

tallcanadian

Captain
That bike looks great. That would be a fun project for sure. Sorry to hear about the misses. I hope things go well. She will likely be laid up for a bit. Take good care of her.

Mikeopsycho

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Very cool motorcycle! What the heck is it?

Oh, and good find on the new sewing machine too.

But the trike I really like! :thumb:

Best of luck on the Admirals knee replacement! I Hope this one lasts for her!

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
The Motorcycle is a URAL!! with a SideCar. The Axle on the side car actually has power too!!! Very cool bike. Really good in "Off Road" scenario!!

Last edited:

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
back to the bike. It looks like an actual/replica med bike from WW1 early 2. Is it? Italian?

nurseman

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Sorry to hear about your wife's knee, prayers for a speedy recovery! Cool bike and Singer, looks like you should manage to stay out of trouble.

Cap'nHandy

Seaman
Now there's a twist - Russian copy of an old beemer on a boat thread. The Lone Star is superb. My grandfather had an old Lone Start tinny, with a scott atwater of about 45 hp. I would be tempted if I saw one like it for sale.

Blaine

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
The Admiral just got back to her Room. The Knee Replacement was a 100% Success!!!! Thanks for everyones Support!!!!

lakelover

Rear Admiral
Great news, glad she's on the way to recovery! She'll be jogging to the BF in no time!

nurseman

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Glad to hear that things went well, will pray for a speedy recovery!