1961 Lonestar Flamingo - SPLASHED w/Pics

greenbush future

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 1961 Lonestar Flamingo - SPLASHED w/Pics

At 14 MPG's I should go buy some more resin and finish my darn glasser, maybe it get's better mileage than the truck!!
I'm subscribed!!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

OK what did I do wrong ? Do I have to sign in /register before my marker will show up on the map ? Put in the info and hit submit but it did not go through ..

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Well alright ! I am somebody !
Thanks for the help jb ! Me thinks my slow computer / skills were the culprit ..:smash:

Mud Puppy

Petty Officer 1st Class

Looks like there is already a "Plethora of Pinatas", oh I mean "Plethora of Pins". :facepalm:

I have changed my description a dozen times and can't make up my mind how I want to keep it; “You know, we all have our own El Guapo's to face". I guess that's mine. :confused:

Edit: Is it may imagination, or was all of the print and lettering backwards in that clip ^^^^?

Last edited:

Rainbow hunter

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I can't seem to make this Zee map thing work very well on an iPad. Lots of nav issues. Anyone else try it? Looks like I'll have to wait until I can get back to my PC. I'm in Mexico now, but will give it a try when we head back to No Calif in a couple of weeks. Meanwhile if any one figures out how to use this on an iPad please post. I haven't posted much for the last year or so, but I follow this and the Starcraft threads daily. You guys keep the good work and I'll get around to bringing my Starcraft thread up to date when I get back on it this summer.

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Great Idea, Im pinned!!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

:

Edit: Is it may imagination, or was all of the print and lettering backwards in that clip ^^^^?

Not your imagination MP .. Chose that clip because there was a bit of profanity at the end of the other one I was going to post .
Just put your back up to the screen and look at the reflection in a mirror . :D
Probably one of the funniest movie's ever ! "Those can's ! He hates those can's ! :pound:

greenbush future

Lieutenant Commander

I think I'm pinned, heck putters and me don't do well, I just sell the stuff, using is yet another world. Couple pictures of the other LS projects included.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Well, this is just a hint of things to come... The BF is NOT gunna be a "Slow Boat to China" much longer!!!!!:D

Stay tuned!!!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

That's a whole lot a motor ! Flamingo's do fly don't they ? :D

lakelover

Rear Admiral

Maybe a cutsom paint job on the lower section of that baby? :) Looks sweet, I bet Flamingos do fly!

tallcanadian

Captain

That Flamingo is gonna go like a bullet, forget the flying..I hope it work outs for ya, Wood. ( Waiting, arms crossed, tapping foot).

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Lakelover, you guessed it. I ordered custom decals tonight.
Whatcha think

Entire Motor will get the Tractor paint treatment with hardener High Gloss White and then the Decals. Gunna Paint the Prop Blue Flamingo Blue!!!! 3/4 Throttle oughta get the job done!!!!

Thanks to Corjen1!!! He made me a GREAT DEAL!!!!

IMG_20140425_180315_197_zps77ded641.jpg

My Trip to Wichita, allowed me to meet up with another GREAT iBoat member and spend a great day talking boats, working on an exact duplicate of my Old Morse sewing machine (1 yr newer) and doing a little bit of glassin'!!! Got to me the Admiral and all the Ships Mates as well! Great family and gret hospitality for this Old Dumb Okie. Cordell had the motor all set to go and all 4 cylinders checked out at 120 psi. Not bad for having set for over 10 years!!!!!. His Boat is gunna be soooooo cool when done. Very unique design and styling. He's trying hard and learning fast. I hope I helped and didn't confuse him to much. He's probably just glad I'm gone so he can get back to work with out me breathing down his neck. HA!!!! He's a Great Guy and I Highly recommend you give him a shout if you're ever in the Wichita Area. His son, I hear, Plays a MEAN Violin, and He Smokes a GREAT Ham too!!!!

Thanks Cordell!!!!!

Last edited:

saginawbayboater

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Looks Great Woody!! I like the paint and decal setup. :cool:

Can't wait to see it. :thumb::thumb:

jbcurt00

Staff member

Looks like a great motor for the BF.

lakelover

Rear Admiral

Lakelover, you guessed it. I ordered custom decals tonight.
Whatcha think

3/4 Throttle oughta get the job done!!!!

........sure, you say that now, but .....!! We all know how it will be!:lol:

The decal's gonna look great, sure can't wait to see the BF in all her glory with a matching Johnson. Sounds like you had a great day visiting Corjen1, all in all, a day to remember! Great pic, too.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

LL, My Son called last night and wanted to know if it was DONE yet!!! He wants to go tubing already!!!! I'm kinda excited too!! Gunna start clean up and tear down today so I'll try and take pics and vids to document the process for everyone. Hope you and your's are all well!!

bonz_d

Vice Admiral

WOOD I 'l be watching for the teardown and repaint as I have a couple that really can use a repaint. Question is on cooler scheme and how far to take it..

lakelover

Rear Admiral

Thanks, that'll be an interesting process that I'll be watching!