1961 Lonestar Flamingo - SPLASHED w/Pics

tallcanadian

Captain
Re: 1961 Lonestar Flamingo - SPLASHED w/Pics

Come on now Wood. Never mind being a tinner. You need to get a nice filling pounder. Once you have a ride in a tri hull, you will not want anything else. ;) But seriously, it's a great looking boat. I would say a nice 70-85 hp engine would push that along pretty nice. The trailer looks like a well used Holsclaw trailer. Good luck with ''looking'' at it.

jbcurt00

Staff member

Hmmm, not sure this will help your 'just looking' or not, but it's not likely to help in price negotiations:

Good luck!

BTW: Good talking w/ you earlier today :cool: Thanks

Decker83

Commander

You need to be really careful Wood.. Once you have a little tin in your blood, it will be hard to go back to the glass..:D

Looks like you just may have a great looking tin..

Wishing good luck for you this weekend..

jbcurt00

Staff member

Inquiring minds want to know:

Taken any recent roadtrips?

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

I really don't understand people that post items on CL and then do not respond to Emails regarding their posted items!!!!:mad-new::mad::rolleyes: I guess I could drive down to this "One Stop Light" town and try to find this guy and try and make a deal but I hat to go that far only to discover it's been sold. Oh well my GrandDaughter's birthday is today and We ARE celebrating and having fun so I'm not gunna worry about it! Hope everyone had a GREAT Weekend. This is Spring Break for us OKIES so Enjoy!!!!!

Decker83

Commander

Sorry to hear it was already sold.. I guess some people don't think to take the add down after its sold..
I had my eye on a 18 ss and the same thing happen to me..

But keep the sprits up, this one was not the right deal and the next one will be a better deal for you..:D

Have a great GrandDaughter's birthday Celebration!!!

Last edited:

lakelover

Rear Admiral

The universe will bring you and your tin boat together when the time is right!

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Kwap!!!!!!!!! That would be PurrrrrrrFect!!!!! Why don't you load it up and head to Okie Land. I'll meet you half way!!!!! Oh wait Gas is $3.00 bucks a gallon. It would still cost me $1,000 bucks!!!!:D I'm going to look at a Boat motor and Trailer that has a 74 70 Hp johnson on it that's been garage stored it's whole life by the Original owner. The widow is selling the boat. I'm hoping I might have stumbled onto a winner. It's a trihull and if it's as good as it looks, I might consider restoring it. It's a tri-hull and would offer more seating which would actually be a better deal for the family situation. I hate to part with the BF but... we'll just have to see what develops. They're asking $1,000.00 but I haven't inspected yet soo.. maybe can get down to $850. We'll see.

01313_j9JkpsuSAdW_600x450.jpg

Last edited:

SAT_Bob

Seaman

Looks good! And garage kept is definitely a positive. Good luck with the negotiations if you decide to go for it.

GT1000000

Rear Admiral
Re: 1962 Lonestar "Flamingo" - I finally Started w/pics

Re: 1962 Lonestar "Flamingo" - I finally Started w/pics

Hmmmmm, Verrrry InnnnnTeresssting...developments...:couch2:
Happy Hump Day!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

You will like the tri hull . Good stable boat with lots a room !

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Yeah, 30 yrs ago, my F.I.L had one and I remember how stable it was getting in and out of it from skiing. It would barely rock from side to side. I always liked the classic lines of the Runabouts like the BF but I've found that with the GrandKids and Family the Layout of a Tri-Hull would be much more Practical. I'm Hoping this old thing is as good as they make it sound, and it will need very minimal work to make her "Lake Ready" I really want to just get on the water this year and enjoy!!!! I HAVE the little Travel Trailer for a Project and don't NEED another one!!!!:eek::D

Willyclay

Captain

I HAVE the little Travel Trailer for a Project and don't NEED another one!!!!:eek::D

But you were interested in buying the Lone Star aluminum cruiser that is older than you? Good luck with the tri-hull!

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Re: Cats Oughta the Bag

Re: Cats Oughta the Bag

For the past several Weeks I been working, as best I could, on a side project. One of our members here on the forum posted a pic of an item that he had that he had no use for. I PM'd him and told him I would like to make a deal with him and we worked it out. He was gracious enough to disassemble it, taking pics so I could reassemble it, ( a bit more complicated than I anticipated, thankfully he had good pics and the manuals!!!!) and then shipped it to me. I've been re-assembling and giving it some new "Clothes". She's almost done, and I think she'll be ready to begin her new working life. She's a 50's vintage "REX" Walking Foot Industrial Sewing Machine. I've already got 2 orders for Boat interiors from guys at my office and my son is putting out the word to his VW Bus buddies. Looks like I might get bizzzeeeeeeee!!!

BeforeandAfter-1.jpg

jbcurt00

Staff member

That'll be great to have when you're ready to do the camper/trailer interior and of course any ole tin cuddy cabin that finds it's way onto the property :watermelon:

Congrats. Nice looking machine.

lakelover

Rear Admiral

Looks nice, you'll really be a sewin' fool now. Sewing and I never got along because I could never get stuff to stay where I put it. Wood, metal, that's another story, much easier to work with!

greenbush future

Lieutenant Commander

Wood,

I went both ways and have both the old 1960 Lone Star DeVille which is work in progress, and I have a 1996 Spectrum tinner that I will begin a restoration on after the walleye bite is finished this spring. She runs fine, just needs some interior cosmetics. Going both ways is fun, when it comes to boats. Keep looking, they are around.

Decker83

Commander

Very nice score on the REX.. Looks great..:kiwi-fruit: