18' Starcraft SuperSport restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: 18' Starcraft SuperSport restoration

fshngho, my bearings are currently SHOT. The axle is just loosely bolted in place right now. Once the boat is back on the trailer, and positioned where I want it in my garage, I'm jacking it up and dropping that axle and taking it an RV shop to have the bearings replaced.

I had absolutely NO tongue weight before so that's why I felt I had to move the axle back that far. It was so bad that once I had the interior out of the boat but the motor still on, it would fall on the stern. If I went too far, it's easily adjustable forward.

tallcanadian

Captain

I just caught up with your thread EZ. Sorry I haven't responded before this. I'm not sure how I missed it but when a fella opens the boat restoring and building section all I see is Starcraft this and Starcraft that. LOL. They all blend in together after awhile. Great build I must say, awesome colours. I was on the edge of my seat reading this because I really liked the original colours and wasn't sure about the colours you picked out. But after seeing the pics, yeah, very nice. Good choice. I'll be watching now and anticipating the finish. It's going to be awesome for sure. Keep up the good work. :)

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

She's right side up!!!

DSCF2357.jpg

DSCF2358.jpg

It wasn't even too big a job. I had 4 guys, we flipped it over onto the grass, lined it up to the trailer, lifted and winched it on. No damage to the paint :)

BobsGlasstream

Commander

ezmobee,
The boat really looks great. I do kinda miss that green stripe. :D
Looking forward to seeing more pic's.
Once again great job.
Bob

sprintst

Commander

Nice work as always. Boats by Ezmobee... Has a nice ring to it. You could have the next couple boats pre-sold from your neighbors when they see the work you turn out :)

fshngho

Lieutenant

Ahhhh, now there you go EZ. Thats how she is supposed to be, right side up and soaking up the sun. Very nice, I'm sure your happy.
That heater is 240v? There goes boat money, gotta pay elect bill.:( Just kidding, I'm sure its cheaper than one would think.
Now lets see, your painted, upright, and on trailer. Your dry AND warm. Yep, you'll be done in less than a month now. I think you need to paint the trailer too. Might as well get it over with now ( and give us others a chance to catch up a little).:D Great work!!!

Greendiver

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Wow! Since the cold weather came in I had been kind of pouting and not doing anything on our boat. Keep up the great work and go go go!

timfives

Petty Officer 1st Class

it was an easy flip, because 3 guys and your wife did all the work ;)

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

That heater is 240v? There goes boat money, gotta pay elect bill.:( Just kidding, I'm sure its cheaper than one would think.

Yeah it's 240V. It's going to have a dual purpose. I also have a large unheated basement where my train layout is so I'll be able to use this to heat that up as well. I just need to wire a 240 socket in both places. The garage will be a cinch because the panel is out there.

it was an easy flip, because 3 guys and your wife did all the work ;)

HAHA! Suckers!!!

Huron Angler

Admiral

Looks good and ready to float EZ, she looks strikingly similar to this rig:D

Only difference will be the tinted windshield and the carpet from what I can tell. Looking forward to seeing the interior work, and you should be comfy and warm so you can take your time with that new heater.

McGR

Senior Chief Petty Officer

The hull looks great. I'll be happy if mine comes out half as good as that.

Good idea on the heater. I've been debating over spending additional $ on improving my garage heat situation. Unfortunately, I've been in the dog house ever since buying my project boat. All additional expenditures need to be handled delicately and timed properly. Anyway... good for you, I hope the heater works out nicely.

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

Nice job, & let us know how that heater works out...I'm already getting tired of hauling wood in for the stove.

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

Hiya Jeremy, boats sure is looking sweet!

really can see the color of the blue now, geez if that gray dont look white still!

I wouldve figured you'd have painted up the trailer while you had the boat off before it got too heavy with all the motor and wood installed etc.....maybye leave her at a pals dock for a couple days this summer and wrap that up.

either way, snow and all youre still on it, thats dedication!:D

86 century

Ensign

Looks real good EZ. You are good at making that gray look white.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Thanks guys. More work done last night. I fought with the transom for a while last night and finally got it out. It was swelled in there pretty good. It turned out to be fairly damp and rot was starting so I'm glad I decided to replace it.

ryand895

Seaman Apprentice

Looking great. When you get done and are waiting for the warm weather, you will have to travel around and help some of the rest of us get our done so we don't miss the start of boat season!

system-f

Senior Chief Petty Officer

What do you think of the Easypoxy so far? Does it seem pretty hard? What roller did you use?

basement where my train layout is

pics?

Status
Not open for further replies.