FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I've looked at 5 old Lyman boats (50's models, 15' & 16.5'), and so far every one of them look great above the water line, and show various stages of rot below. All were advertised as "turn key", or words to that effect. Am I doomed to spinning my wheels needlessly unless I buy a boat fresh...
Looked at an old Lyman 15' rear steer the other day. Every rib had rotted in the bilge and been dug out. New pcs were laid in and connected to the non-rotted vertical sections with mending plates (steel) about 3" long. In other words, the ribs are now 3 pc. parts. It was pathetic. The...
Trying to feel my way through the water pump replacement and ran into a snag. Power head off, shift linkage disconnected from shift lever, drive shaft seals off and put in order. Now what do I do? Should I be able to take the entire lower unit free from the leg? Is their something else to do...
Started my old Evinrude for the first time in 40 years. It ran, although roughly. When checking for cooling water dischrge I noticed a freeze plug partially out of its hole and water spewing out. The plug is at the rear of the engine at the bottom of the head. Can this be easily replaced...
The high speed adjustment rod is loose on my carb and won't hold its position. can I replace the packing without removing the carb? What packing material should I use? This is my first post here, so thank you
guys for helping a novice.
My Veridito will simply stall when I am at idle. At 1000 rpm it runs for a few seconds, then slows abruptly, then regains rpm. Any troubleshooting suggestions? Full throttle runs without any issues, by the way.