Broadcast

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 1976 22' Starcraft Islander Rebuild

New School Rocks and BLACK is timeless!

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

New School Rocks and BLACK is timeless!

I hear ya Bcast! I never really pictured myself driving a black boat but man that sure is sharp. That is what has me athinkin this over, eh!:D

jcupo6

Chief Petty Officer

I think you should new school all around! Those gauges are sweet! Love the wheel! If you want to get a better idea of what your rig would look like with different paint styles let me know, I'm pretty good with Photoshop. It's easier to make a decision if you can see it. Personally I love boats that have the bottom of the hull painted - not white - then white on the sides. Kinda hard to explain but just like North Beach's Liquid Limo.

SnowHunter

Petty Officer 1st Class

Wow Jas!! Thats some kool new goodies ya got there!!!!

ts

Petty Officer 1st Class

Okay Jas, I'm voting for "classy" new school...especially with that WHEEL!!!

It just rocks man, no two ways about it. :cool:

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

I think you should new school all around! Those gauges are sweet! Love the wheel! If you want to get a better idea of what your rig would look like with different paint styles let me know, I'm pretty good with Photoshop. It's easier to make a decision if you can see it. Personally I love boats that have the bottom of the hull painted - not white - then white on the sides. Kinda hard to explain but just like North Beach's Liquid Limo.

Gosh the more I think on it the more I think I like the more contemporary paint scheme and rigging, new school may be the way to go eh! I am with ya on scheme like NB's, sweet eh!

Wow Jas!! Thats some kool new goodies ya got there!!!!

Thanks Snow! Just about everything I got is off eBay for super cheep (I actually have more gear stashed away, shhhhh).

Okay Jas, I'm voting for "classy" new school...especially with that WHEEL!!!

It just rocks man, no two ways about it. :cool:

Yah, classy new school, I might be buying what you are selling there, TS. Yah, I am really liking that wheel, what I paid for it makes it all the sweeter, yesssss!:D

SnowHunter

Petty Officer 1st Class

Gosh the more I think on it the more I think I like the more contemporary paint scheme and rigging, new school may be the way to go eh! I am with ya on scheme like NB's, sweet eh!

Thanks Snow! Just about everything I got is off eBay for super cheep (I actually have more gear stashed away, shhhhh).

Yah, classy new school, I might be buying what you are selling there, TS. Yah, I am really liking that wheel, what I paid for it makes it all the sweeter, yesssss!:D

Oh, yeah, ebay is DA DEBIL :eek::D I keep eyeballin stuff from there for my boat... hubby keeps givin me da evil eye :D

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

"Like a new boat" has been the theme for mine.

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander

Bottom half white, top half or quarter plain black, like the "or this" (last photo).

http://genuinedealz.com/ is the bomb for wire. Cheap, free shipping and made in................... Pennsylvania. Yea good old USA. I bought marine wire and I'm so happy cause it came in, and came in pretty fast. I know you'll need wire so check it out.

Looking good Jas.

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

I'm not voting, he!! can't even paint mine when I know what I want lol

Hey hows that steering wheel attach, is there a secret compartment hiding access to the nut? Luv it btw!

sprintst

Commander

All kinds of cool possibilities on the paint schemes. That wheel and all the guages kick butt too.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Oh, yeah, ebay is DA DEBIL :eek::D I keep eyeballin stuff from there for my boat... hubby keeps givin me da evil eye :D

Hey Snow, I wonder if youarn' confusing that "look" with the "I really wish you would buy a aluminum Starcraft cause all this fiberglass work is killing me" look???

Cheers!

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Hey hows that steering wheel attach, is there a secret compartment hiding access to the nut? Luv it btw!

Well, I am not entirely sure...

There seems to be some questions on the back, maybe some sort of code that needs to be broken in order to have it attached...

Question #1
What is your name?

Question #2
What is your quest?

Question #3
What is the air speed velocity of an unladen Swallow?

Whew I hope I don't blow it!

SnowHunter

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey Snow, I wonder if youarn' confusing that "look" with the "I really wish you would buy a aluminum Starcraft cause all this fiberglass work is killing me" look???

Cheers!

Can't be it, he hasn't done a thing since we pulled the motor off :D Its all on me, which is fine :cool::cool:

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

So I stood at the back of my transom and thought "OK, light sand, seal it up and paint".

And so here how that went...
P1010802.jpg

Yah, all of the sudden I found myself with a wire wheel in my hand! What is wrong with me, sheesh! That was not what I was thinking when I started! Ah well, it's all good.

I started in on it with 120 grit, then decided that I wanted to get through the layer of paint that was on top of the original so I switched to 80 grit. Wasn't working quick enough for me. So to 60, then 40, and then I had the wire wheel on the grinder. OK, no light sanding there.

I will NOT be going down to bare aluminum on the rest of this hull!

SnowHunter

Petty Officer 1st Class

Ohhhhhhhhh shiney!!!!

That girl got some junk in da trunk :D

Huron Angler

Admiral

Lookin good...if you do this right nobody will ever believe that she used to have an enormous white OMC leg hanging off the transom:D

Glad to see you getting to know the wire wheel, I am ready to spend time apart from mine for a while:p