1961 Starcraft - 'The whole' story

BobsGlasstream

Commander
Re: 1961 Starcraft - 'The whole' story

HSF,
I may kid you about the rope trim but I actually like it, I think it's a nice touch.
The carpet looks great, actually the whole thing is coming together nicely.
Great job.
Bob

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Carpet looks fantastic. I don't think that will show dirt too bad at all. I really like the black paint up under the bow. Good idea stopping the carpet short of the transom. All it would have done back there would be to get nasty.

noworries79

Petty Officer 2nd Class

That looks great! Truly a work of art.

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks guy's, it's finally setting in that I may just finish in time to get her wet this year, lol, a couple of months ago I had my doubts at time's.

Not much accomplished on the boat today, honey-do's were backing up. Got the side panels refitted, and installed the led lights, I like these as they are recessed into the panel{4 total}...
minidscf2008.jpg

even with the flash and some daylight left, you can see them light the deck...
minidscf2019.jpg

Here they are at dark, you can see the seat lit up, they throw the light, camera doesn't do them justice, they are awesome...
minidscf2020.jpg

The PO had used some rope lighting inserted into some side trim, I kept the lights and installed them inside the little cubby spaces in the panels, and mounted a strip up under the splashwell. They are going to come in handy I can tell already. Here's a shot looking back from the bow area...
minidscf2013.jpg

Till the next update...:D

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Love that last shot Kenny! I can see you very early one morning...

"Now where in the heck is my forever favorite, never fail, flaming tiger stripe, with extra special leach sauce sent, banjo minnow! Ah, wait! The rope light! Let me just flip that... There it is! Oh how I love thee banjo minnow!"

Looking good man!

BobsGlasstream

Commander

HSF,
All I can say is outstanding.
Those light really look great.
Extremely nice work.
Take Care
Bob

McGR

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Nice job HSF. Good light show too.

bananaboater

Ensign

Wonder when we will see a lighted floor with disco blaring? Fond memories of the disco daze-craze.

Looks good. :)

sprintst

Commander

Sweet. Those lights look amazing.

You can pass out in the boat and still have enough battery the next morning to get home with those leds as well. :)

Beautiful work man...

ts

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yep, darn nice work HSF! :)

Man you set the bar HIGH...:eek:

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

I really like the lights!
It's what I do..so I may be as excited as you are! lol..

Just a suggestion..If I used that style (with the shrouded reflector on top)
I would add 4 more...The forward ones rotated 90 degrees to the left to direct the light towards the bow..
And the aft ones rotated 90 degrees to the right to illuminate the stern just a bit more...

I plan on getting a lil nutty with LEDs on my barge when everything else is done (yes EZ...in about a year and a half..lol) And placing a few pucks or strands under my bow so I can find whatever junk I tossed pushed under there...

Amazing job..Love the whole boat..

MTribe08

Dude! The boat is turning out so good! But then again, I wouldn't expect anything less out of you. Gonna be fishin in no time! Where did u get those LED'S? Sorry if I missed that part.
~David

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks folks, these are the light's at the end of the tunnel....correct? ;)

:)...Man you set the bar HIGH...:eek:

Not me lol, I blame the other's, I intended on just a freshening up...that's what I get for watching & learning from others :D
I luv this place!!!

....Just a suggestion..If I used that style (with the shrouded reflector on top)
I would add 4 more...The forward ones rotated 90 degrees to the left to direct the light towards the bow..
And the aft ones rotated 90 degrees to the right to illuminate the stern just a bit more...

Another great idea Kev...if your trying to increase that 12 pack up to a case....well you made it ;)

... Where did u get those LED'S? Sorry if I missed that part.
~David

right here at iboats David :D
http://www.iboats.com/Seasense-L-e-...9402641--**********.498008441--view_id.237757

Huron Angler

Admiral

Lookin great Kenny:)

One question...when you're night fishing at the walleye spot how am I supposed to find your rig on the water with those stealthy LEDs?

I guess I'll have to hail "HopeSheFloats" on the marine band and get the waypoints:D(wait...that means I need to buy a real marine GPS doesn't it?)

Sounds like you've gone over the LochnessJohnson monster pretty well, she should be ready to rumble:cool:

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

One question...when you're night fishing at the walleye spot how am I supposed to find your rig on the water with those stealthy LEDs?

I guess I'll have to hail "HopeSheFloats" on the marine band and get the waypoints:D(wait...that means I need to buy a real marine GPS doesn't it?)

Just use your ears...I'll be the one hollering 'fish on a Starcraft' every time I pull another in ;)

GPS...Gotta Purchace Sometime...myself lol

MTribe08

Thanks folks, these are the light's at the end of the tunnel....correct? ;)

Not me lol, I blame the other's, I intended on just a freshening up...that's what I get for watching & learning from others :D
I luv this place!!!

Another great idea Kev...if your trying to increase that 12 pack up to a case....well you made it ;)

right here at iboats David :D
http://www.iboats.com/Seasense-L-e-...9402641--**********.498008441--view_id.237757
Thanks! Gonna pick a few of those up!