serial # G3088017 No Model #

3rdday

Cadet
I am trying to determine model of my OB I believe the yr is at least '93.The sticker is not on the bracket.
Its a 150 Hp Spitfire with optical ignition it also has the shift interrupter switct on the throttle/shift linkages.( weren't on 91 & 92).
There is I believe a serial # on the Freeze plug: G3088017.
P/N on Powerpack is 584990, rect./reg. 548093, and coil 583740. I was using these #s to attempt to cross reference. Does anyone know what model is based on the serial number? Is there any other way to know? Much thanks in advance.:cool:

3rdday

Cadet
Re: serial # G3088017 No Model #

Come on guys, someone out there has the knowledge.
I need this help and info to order parts please!

dajohnson53

Lieutenant Commander

What you need to find is the model number and the problem is, only you can find it. You need that to get the other info you need. The model number will start with J150 or E150 depending on if it's a Johnson or Evinrude. I don't know any way to id with a s/n, but maybe others do.

If the id plate is not on the bracket, you need to find it on the engine itself. It should be casted or stamped on there somewhere. I have found it on my older outboard, but I can't tell you where. It was hard to find, I seem to remember I had to move parts and wires aside to find it.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

3rdday

Cadet

thanks for the advice,I am sure some one will know. I have been trying everything I can think of. I tried to Google evinrude serial number....

dajohnson53

Lieutenant Commander

thanks for the advice,I am sure some one will know. I have been trying everything I can think of. I tried to Google evinrude serial number....

I hope so, but I don't think so, and that's why web searching hasn't produced results for you. While you're waiting, I still recommend going over the engine itself with your good glasses on to see if you can find the model number. Good luck.

Have you tried calling the parts counter of a good dealer? They are often very smart people! (sometimes not though).

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner

What you need to do is locate the frost plug. It is located usually on the top backside of the motor, is about the size of a quarter and shiny (or black if painted) It should have both the serial and model number on it. GL