1970 Jupiter V 16' Restoration

Rickairmedic

Commander
Re: Starcraft club can I join ?

OK first of three fresh coats of red on the sides hope to get 2 more today then let her setup for a few days before taping off and painting the stripes again ( quickly ) :D.

DSCI0158.jpg

DSCI0159.jpg

DSCI0160.jpg

Rick

Andy in NY

Commander

wow rick, i reaally like that color. i was origionally going to go with a red, probably more maroon but i like reds. besides, you dont see enough red boats.

Rickairmedic

Commander

Thanks Andy I like it myself . I would loooooove candy brandy wine or black cherry with silver accents but thats $1000.00 + worth of paint instead of $100.00 - $150.00 worth of paint :D. I will do the 22' SS in those colors when I find it . I wnt this one on the water so cheap it is the SS I will be able to take time with and put the BIG money into :D.

Rick

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Looks awsome Rick!
Ya gonna name her "The REAL Thing"????:D

Rickairmedic

Commander

Looks awsome Rick!
Ya gonna name her "The REAL Thing"????:D

LOL Kev actually the name in my head at the moment is( My Coke Addiction ). I like yours to maybe I will have to do a NB type poll for names before we launch her :D.

Rick

Andy in NY

Commander

Thanks Andy I like it myself . I would loooooove candy brandy wine or black cherry with silver accents but thats $1000.00 + worth of paint instead of $100.00 - $150.00 worth of paint :D. I will do the 22' SS in those colors when I find it . I wnt this one on the water so cheap it is the SS I will be able to take time with and put the BIG money into :D.

Rick

totally. im on the lookout if i see one somewhere, i can beg borrow and steal the $$$ to buy it, then hide it out till the time is right. that would be the one that would be no expense spared.

LOL Kev actually the name in my head at the moment is( My Coke Addiction ). I like yours to maybe I will have to do a NB type poll for names before we launch her :D.

Rick

i think you should.

i havent settled 100% on mine, but i messed up and told my wife she could name it when i brought it home. i wanted to go with STOLEN because in my mind between the boat and the motor i traded for i stole both of them. but she doesnt like it... she wants "bonnie and clyde" i think its okay.. but i like stolen better.

Rickairmedic

Commander

LOL Andy you could go new school and name it " Gangsta " since thats what Bonie and Clyde were although they were refered to as Gangsters " Old School " :D:D.

Rick

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Paint looks great Rick. I know I'm going to sleep a lot better tonight knowing that tape damage it fixed :)

Rickairmedic

Commander

Thanks EZ and LOL the tape damage is almost fixed . I still have to retape it :eek: and redo the seperation line and stripe . I will do it Much much much quicker this time though :D.

Rick

wrfalpacas

Chief Petty Officer

Rick- The paint looks fantastic! How heavy are you loading the roller? Cause I hope mine turns out half as good

Rickairmedic

Commander

Bret I am using the little " mini roller trays " from Homie Desperate and loading up the roller pretty well then rolling it off in the tray before putting it on the boat . I am pretty much using Kevs roll roll method no tipping except in tight areas . Mind you I have 1 coaat of Zinc 3 coats of primer , 4 coats of white on the bottom so far and 4 coats of red on the sides . Two more coats of each red & white before I flip her back over . Just tke your time and watch for roller marks and runs . The first roll is fairly hard followed up with a light touch for the second roll before moving to the next section.

Rick

wvmedic

Chief Petty Officer

Hey Rick, it?s looking great man.

I just brought my donor boat home yesterday, it?s a 1985 Sea ray and I plan on switching everything over to the Starcraft when I find mine.

Only problem is Mommy likes the look of the ski boat, I don?t think it will fish that well. So I?m sure I can persuade her that it?s not the boat for us, because she likes to fish more than I do.

If that doesn?t work I will show her the threads of the fiberglass boat overhaul, replacing the stringers grinding all that glass. She of course will be enlisted for help and I do not think she will want any part of that itch.

Jeff.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

If that doesn?t work I will show her the threads of the fiberglass boat overhaul, replacing the stringers grinding all that glass. She of course will be enlisted for help and I do not think she will want any part of that itch.

I'm sure that will do the trick!!!!

Andy in NY

Commander

I just brought my donor boat home yesterday, it?s a 1985 Sea ray and I plan on switching everything over to the Starcraft when I find mine.

Only problem is Mommy likes the look of the ski boat, I don?t think it will fish that well. So I?m sure I can persuade her that it?s not the boat for us, because she likes to fish more than I do.

Jeff.

wow, talk about a quick thinking plan!

Rickairmedic

Commander

Jeff.

LOL Jeff my buddy's Brother still has the 19'er I am pretty sure he said it was a 62 and has a 60 HP outboard on it . I need to rip my bud a new one today and get him to drive the 2 blocks to go get pics for you :D its a 40+ mile trip for me :D.

Rick

Huron Angler

Admiral

The paint is looking great there...good luck on the taping;)

I have to throw this out there..."Catch the Wave" from the "new" coke that everyone hated:D

Rickairmedic

Commander

LOL Thanks Huron I am going to have to keep track of all these name ideas and have a vote when she is done before I get my vinyl guy to make up the lettering :D.

Rick

wvmedic

Chief Petty Officer

Rick, that?s ok I am looking for an I/O hull. The Sea ray has a 3.0L in it and I?m going to switch everything I can into a Starcraft, gauges steering ect.

I just have to wait a couple months now to build some capital, spent 900.00 on the Sea ray and I need to register it so we can get on the water with it until I get the SC. Then after I get the SC ready off to the dump with the ray.

BTW I think I have already convinced her that doing all that work with the glass would be a bad idea, I told her with the aluminum hull and stringers all we will need to replace is the deck and transom. Then we won?t need to mess with all of that grinding and we can seal up the wood real good in the SC and we will be set.

Jeff.

Rickairmedic

Commander

OK Jeff . Sounds like you understand the Joys of a Starcraft already :D. The only glass we touch goes on the deck and maybe the transom nothing compared to the poor guys with Fiberglass boats . I say this carefully as I still have a Glass boat to do :D.

Rick

wvmedic

Chief Petty Officer

Yeah I hear that, I?m not knocking the glass boats they have there place. But with me I want a lighter boat, and like you said the only glass that is needed is on the deck and transom.

I believe with the aluminum hull if I happen to bump a rock while fishing it will be more forgiving than glass, might need to touch up the paint instead of gel coat or worse.

Then there is the towing factor, I will give up a little smother ride on the water for better fuel economy.

Jeff.