1970 Jupiter V 16' Restoration

Rickairmedic

Commander
Re: Starcraft club can I join ?

Well the good news is all the layers of paint withstood the hail and no damage although there ws a while there where I thought I might have to flip the turtle over and put the plug in :D. We had a nasty one roll through here this morning 6" of rain in an hour and a half roads flooded what a mess even the interstates are flooded :D. We watched the water climb the yard from the drainage ditches but it didnt make it all the way to the house :D although I did worry about my fish escping from the pond for a little while LOL.

Rick

Andy in NY

Commander

you would have been the hero of the neighborhood!

Rickairmedic

Commander

LOL Andy especially considerin I have 3 boats sittin here 2 of which are still upright :D.

Rick

Lion hunter

Lieutenant Commander

Looking great Rick. She's come a long way since day one.

Rickairmedic

Commander

Thanks Lion Hunter I was hopeing to have her on the trailer this weekend but with the weather I dontthink thats gonna happen :(.

Rick

wvmedic

Chief Petty Officer

Hey Rick glad to hear you made it thru yesterday ok, in between running calls I got a glimpse of the flooding on the news.

Glad the boat held up also, but more so that you and the family are ok.

Jeff.

Rickairmedic

Commander

Jeff we made it through without any major mishaps although there were alot of folks in town who's houses were trying to float :D. Thats good news for me to though tht means peaple will need new furnaces and maybe AC units and that means more boat money :D.

Rick

Rickairmedic

Commander

Hey lookey what I found while hunting for a decent Starcraft Logo :D:D . I dont know why but somehow this 2009 180 looks alot like my 1970 Jupiter V LOL.

2009Starcraft.jpg

DSCI0160.jpg

Well at least I have an idea of how mine will look when I flip her back over how :D without the silly grphics.

Rick

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Dude..Your paint looks better than that new girl!

Rickairmedic

Commander

LOL it does seem to have a little more gloss huh :D. I need to go give her a bath and try to get the last coat of red on before Noah shows up to help me start loading her 2by2 :D:D.

Rick

Rickairmedic

Commander

Ok Ladies and Gents barring any unforseen disasters natural or Moron induced the last coat of Red just went on the sides of the boat . Hang on while I knock on some wood real quick :D. Ok heres the pics LOL.

DSCI0164.jpg

DSCI0165.jpg

DSCI0166.jpg

DSCI0167.jpg

I am planning to let it set up for a couple days . I will be busy with work and will work on the interior panels and such durring that time then we tape it off again and get the dividing line nd stripe back on her real quick like .

Rick

78ImperialT

Petty Officer 1st Class

that is SWEEEEEET! i love the red....red and boats are like fat boys and cake...a perfect match!

btw...i love the comparison photo...upside down...pretty cool.

Rickairmedic

Commander

Thaanks for the kind words Imperial :D. I figured it was easier to flip the pic for that comparo than the boat and at the moment I dont think the boat will flip back over for at least a week between the bottom paint still needed and the trailer work I need to do before I set her back on it :D.

Rick

Floyd M

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Rick, that paint is awesome. I just got back from vacation and the first thing I see is that red beauty. I can't wait to get started back on mine and put up some pics. I can't wait to see the accent/dividing line put back on it as well. Great job!

Keith

Rickairmedic

Commander

Thanks Keith looking forward to seeing pics of yours progressing . We have been a little slow and the bayliners are trying to take over :D.

Rick

Floyd M

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Bayliners? We can't have that. I will definitely get some pics up this evening. I thought Starcraft owned this forum. :D

Rickairmedic

Commander

LOL Keith that was my understanding . Speaking of which make sure to check out the Starcraft forum as we are planning our get together for next summer and its in your back yard :D. Well ok its at Lake Anna but hey close enough :D.

Rick

Floyd M

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Will do. I think that would be great. Lake Anna is just up the road. Thanks!
BTW, have the Bayliners paid any dues yet?

Keith

Rickairmedic

Commander

LOL I dont know I'll hafta ask North Beacjh if he has been getting any checks . Although there have been alot of new Starcrafts show up while you were on vacation :D.

Rick

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant
CUTTER project is way cool

CUTTER project is way cool

Hi Rick, the jupiter is probably a fast easy one for you, but that Cutter!
that CUTTER project looks like a blast! wow that motor is bad a** and the fins on the fiberglass way cool, lot more work I bet too. (stringers and such fiberglass etc)

please let me know if you have a thread on that project so I could check it out more, thanks!