Old Evinrude ??

HookMaster

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Is it worth the effort/expense?? Not run since at least 1994 & Sitting outside

60 hp What year??

Ser. # E01882 Mod # 60653R

Any idea as to the maker of this old boat relic I just got brought home? No emblems etc....

Thanks,

Don

Attachments

• tn_DSCN0626.JPG
    49 bytes · Views: 0
  • tn_DSCN0625.JPG
  • tn_DSCN0622.JPG

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Re: Old Evinrude ??

The year is 1966 Don. Your links don't work.

Wether or not it's worth the effort is really up to the owner. Some like to take older engines and get them back in shape as a hobby. Some because a new engine just isn't in the pocket book.

Get compression readings on all the holes, see if the spark is still there and check the lower unit. Give your self some idea of what the cost would be to get it back in shape. You'll need to clean and rebuild the carb for sure. How did the engine run before it was laid up?

HookMaster

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks,

Sounds like 1966 is a little too old to fool with, plus the 100 hp evinrude on the '78 "Manatee" now being restored was found to be to expensive to repair.....Broken drive shaft and low compression on one cyl.........Now looking for an affordable motor for that!!

BOAT = Break Out Another Thousand $$.......

Obviously the attach file option is not working for me...

Attachments

• tn_DSCN0622.JPG

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

Hello,Couldn't figure how to contact you.I checked out the Sea King boat restoration.
You may allready know but I'm pretty sure the Sea King was built by Pen Yann boats and the construction was called Strip Tite, I believe.
I think I have a Pen Yann catalog somewhere.

HookMaster

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Here's the pics..............I don't know if the boat is '66 or not .... will find out....

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

HookMaster said:
Here's the pics..............I don't know if the boat is '66 or not .... will find out....

Looks a little like an arkansas traveler.You might go to fiberglassics.com look around for the catalog section.many brands interesting site.