one more cast

Captain
Re: Your Site is BeingTargeted

:confused: Can someone please help me locate my mahogany cabin?<br />
loveboat.jpg

Frankhanhart

Petty Officer 1st Class

Capjack...Quote" ....The river is weaving and twinkling with running lights and the rumbling of deep engines " Must have been Wimperdink with his big 250 Honky who did the rumbling. He tried to sidetrack you with that little Photoshopped electric kicker he shows on the photo :D :D

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

Bud without the bubbles? That is what we drink at the ballgames.<br /><br />Oh dear lovey, how will we ever show our face at the club again with all of this scandal?

Greetings,<br /><br />I am the Daily Kos diarist mentioned above. I checked back here and saw that there's been quite a stir based on my diary on that site. I would like to clarify a couple of things.<br /><br />First of all, "your site is being targeted" is highly melodramatic. Some comments from here were posted over there. People talked about them, complained, vented, etc. No one was instructed to "get iboats" or anything ridiculous like that. I would imagine that from time to time, some of you may have taken comments from one site and posted them on another--either for discussion or ridicule. It happens. It's a little less exciting than being "targeted." <br /><br />Second, Kos himself has *nothing* to do with this. Just like all of you are allowed to post comments on iboats, all members at Daily Kos are allowed to post comments and diaries. I was the one who posted the diary, and I have no idea whether Kos would approve or sanction it, nor do we seek permission to discuss whatever's on our mind.<br /><br />Second, in part, you are all correct. I did indeed make a wide-ranging generalization about boating enthusiasts which was silly, ill-informed and intellectually lazy. I apologize for implying that all of you were a bunch of snobby people drinking "chardonnay" and so forth. I was quite upset by some of the words on this particular thread, and posted my diary in anger, with the rhetoric ratcheted up accordingly. <br /><br />Having said that, I was and am shocked with some of the statements made. It should've been about the dumb comment Kanye West said. Instead, there are comments about black people "sitting on their porches collecting welfare checks" or how they "sit with their hands out every day of every year. Poor me I am black give me sumptin." <br /><br />That is messed up. It would seem to me that attitudes like that are pretty deep-seated and don't just spring up when an idiot rapper runs his mouth on tv. <br /><br />Look, I'm not going to come into your established, vibrant community and start flaming or trying to "convert" people to the democratic party. That's true trolling. But seriously, conservatives or not, some of that stuff is just disturbing.

Ralph 123

Captain

More disturbing than the comments made by you and your readers?<br /><br />
<br /><br />wealthy honkeys with a passion for boating<br /><br />Republicans hate niggers. More than they love money which leads to a horrible quandary <br /><br />I say we "loot" their boats and use them to save the people (minorities and the poor)they hate and have stolen from for years. Why do rich corporate terrorists hate the people they steal from so much? <br /><br />Can we secretly replace this group's life preservers with concrete?<br /><br />You can just imagine these people grinning blankly in public as they talk about the value of diversity, how we should help those in need, etc., etc. But really, they're just dying to scream, "N---ER!!!!"<br />
Physician, heal thyself.

white people calling white people honkeys hardly qualifies as racism. i did not particularly like the second quote comment's use of that word; i assume the commenter was attempting to 'speak in the voice' of the other. as for comments 3-5 quote above, i'm not sure what the problem is given the subject matter to which they were responding. that's about as tame as it gets on a political blog. ask the LGFers.

BrettNC

Petty Officer 1st Class

It keeps the racial issue going. Which is what you probably want. <br /><br />You mean that it's as tame as it gets on a liberal blog.<br /><br />Or am I "attempting to speak in the voice of the other"

Ralph 123

Captain

Well, if you can't see that you and your readers are guilty of the same hyperbole, bigotry and prejudices you rail against, I can't help you.<br /><br />Physician, heal thyself.

Originally posted by BrettNC:<br /> It keeps the racial issue going. Which is what you probably want. <br /><br />You mean that it's as tame as it gets on a liberal blog.
On just about any political blog where comments are allowed. A few selected examples from LGF, on the topic of Muslims:<br />"It is now time to force muslims to make a choice: Live peacefully or die. I prefer the latter."<br />"subhumans, first time on 2 feet...round em all up, every friggin' last one of them."<br />"Can we eradicate Islam now, please?"<br /><br />and so on. if you have full control over the content of your blog (e.g., Powerline, Instapundit, etc.), then obviously you don't have to worry about the unwashed masses (like me!) having their say. On the other hand, you have less a community aspect to your blog.

Wimperdink

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Originally posted by Frank Hanhart:<br /> Capjack...Quote" ....The river is weaving and twinkling with running lights and the rumbling of deep engines " Must have been Wimperdink with his big 250 Honky who did the rumbling. He tried to sidetrack you with that little Photoshopped electric kicker he shows on the photo :D :D
Was that you I tried to knock off your air mattress with my wake? :D Ya broke the cardinal rule... never mention my rumbling 250 Honkey in public. haha

BrettNC

Petty Officer 1st Class

Gee, I still didn't read any racial epithets in those statements.<br /><br />Can you believe the arrogance of this guy?<br /><br />"It's okay, you're not rich, so I apologize for accusing you of such a terrible thing (of being rich)."<br /><br />Keep it up. Dishonesty, class envy and racism is pounding your party into the ground.

chugger

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Ralph is absolutely right. Good job Ralph! You said everything that needs to be said.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

posted by dkos: <br /><br />"I did indeed make a wide-ranging generalization about boating enthusiasts which was silly, ill-informed and intellectually lazy. I apologize for implying that all of you were a bunch of snobby people drinking "chardonnay" and so forth. I was quite upset by some of the words on this particular thread, and posted my diary in anger, with the rhetoric ratcheted up accordingly."<br /><br />Then you will have no problem taking your diary and sticking up your *ss as a symbolic gesture of apology to everyone for having such total lack of control over yourself.<br /><br />We are waiting....

nah. the assumption about your financial status was the mistake. the rest of it was correct.

chugger

Petty Officer 3rd Class

From your reply I get the feeling you realize how childish you've been. You've been given some really good advice. I hope your mature enough to at least think about it.

gonfishn

Commander

Now you guys got me all ashamed here..here i always thought of my self as being a true ridgerunner.<br />I have to confess here I once was one of them other upptiy folks..<br /><br />I once Had an expensive toy(see below)then folks called me an uppity rigderunner So scaled down some and kinda hid my shame by turning it into something that was not as flashy.. Now tell me does this not look like a 10,000 boat..<br /><br />If that was not enough i got demoted for having in side facilities and switched back to the old ways..Not only do I save on the water but but it only cost wood and some paint..Was offered 1000$<br />but turned the offer down when I found out they paid taxes and actually had a job..<br /> :D

Originally posted by chugger:<br />From your reply I get the feeling you realize how childish you've been.
Hm. Not quite...I posted because (a.) i was somewhat amused by this thread's title, (b.) because the comments were being attributed directly to kos, (c.) to agree that you are not all rich people on yachts, and (d.) in hope that maybe, just maybe, there could be some actual discussion, and that the comments i had quoted were merely the exception. <br /><br />but instead, it's just more of the usual me-first victimology: "So what if we said all blacks are lazy, porch-sittin' welfare-collectin' criminals? You called us rich!!" Whatever. It would be sad if it wasn't so comical. To all the decent folk on the site, it's a shame the others drown you out. <br /><br />Have fun, boating afficionados. This has become deadly dull. See ya around.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Whoa, I'm a victim! How 'bout that? Sounds like he didn't like us making fun of his little mistake.<br /><br />What an a55; must be in training for a job with the mainstream media: sift through 150,000 posts in 11,000 threads to find something to be offended about. Most of the content in that other thread is just disagreement with a rapper's views on George Bush. <br /><br />I thought there were a couple or three instances of racism in it...I don't like it, but it's hardly a basis for slapping the racist label on group. There are anti-racist views expressed here as well.<br /><br />Well, at least he got a good laugh out of it.