WHy don't people buy Proper Tow Vehicles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyle f

Chief Petty Officer
Re: WHy don't people buy Proper Tow Vehicles?

for all you people who give a crap what others are towing with, not everybody can be like you all. get a life hitler.

Have you looked around this site and seen all the people who went into the water? How about the wreck pics?

Thats why we care... its mainly a safety thing. Size appropriate tow rig or over sized for what you are tryign to tow is always the best route.

jmills224

Cadet

Did you guys move this from Stillwater? I live down the road a ways from Beyl/Davenport house movers. It looks like you guys moved it to Muskogee?

Edit: I know you moved it to Muskogee after seeing that huge boat on blocks in the second from the last picture.

chickmag11

Cadet

yep. boat was hand built in stillwater by a retired osu prof. launched at head of mclellan-kerr waterway on the other side of tulsa. owner was motoring through to mississippi then to galveston to get mast put on.

dennis did that one last year. he's incredible! pretty wild eh?

jmills224

Cadet

Yeah thats pretty wild. I'm suprised I didn't catch wind of that. The rumor mill is usually pretty reliable in the Stillwater area:rolleyes: This one must have slipped by.

If I didn't know better it looks like the third picture is on Fairgrounds road. Is that where the boat was built?

~J

BTW my wife went to school with one of Dennis's daughters.

chickmag11

Cadet

J -

Boat was built n/w of Stillwater in a barn. They had to knock the end off the barn to get it out! Was a rainy day in Oct 06. Don't know if that is Fairgrounds road or not...

Do you boat at LCB?

StarznBarrz

Seaman Apprentice

i tow with a 89 f-350 gas 460 big block and man i tell ya i almost forget the boats back there! :D

StarznBarrz

Seaman Apprentice

Uh yeah, You could probably pull the titanic with that. :D

hahaha yeah i hooked up my buddys enduro race car (on the trailer) to my truck, was hauling it for him, and raced some punk in a honda civic from a stoplight and smoked him! I tell ya man, once you pull anything with a truck and engine that big, you dont want to go back!

jt57

Petty Officer 2nd Class

hahaha yeah i hooked up my buddys enduro race car (on the trailer) to my truck, was hauling it for him, and raced some punk in a honda civic from a stoplight and smoked him! I tell ya man, once you pull anything with a truck and engine that big, you dont want to go back!

Yup about the only thing that big ole 460 won't out run,is the gas pump.

StarznBarrz

Seaman Apprentice

hahaha yeahh like i said 96wellcraft its excellent you seriously forget the boats back there cuz you cant feel a dern thing and jt57, it only gets about 9 mpg maybe 10 thats the bite in the arss

just_crsn

Seaman Apprentice

Well guys ......i am one of those losers......I am ashamed to admit it. But the first step is admitting you have a problem. I tow a 16ft jon with 25 four stroke....approximate weight is about 1000lbs with trailer with a 4 banger sunfire. I was so fixated on duck hunting and limited on funds " I knowingly bought my boat with a totally in useless tow vehicle!!" But i am currently looking for a small 4x4 truck. Please forgive me.....i have learned my lesson.

may232007boattrip027.jpg

sinkum1958

Recruit

Trying to pull a 1 ton boat with a 1/4 ton geo metro, is more dangerous than driving while intoxicated. It's not about the cost of the vehicle or how new the vehicle is, it's about being safe.

Just out of curiosity, are you going to call us Stalin if we tell you that it's also a good idea to keep life preservers on board? Or to use an ignition switch lanyard when underway?

hey guys im sorry, somebody did pee in my post toasties. been really stressed and took it out on you guys. my boat is in the shop right now and im really ready to get on the water. it wont be long now
please forgive me. again i'm sorry.

LoneReefer

Recruit

Why don't I buy a PROPER toe vehicle? Money.

I use a Corolla to launch and retrieve my Macgregor 26 Sailboat(3,200LBS Dry) from its Dry Slip in Galveston. Its easy to launch, but retrieving is tough. I have to blow out the water ballast and find a coupla dudes to sit on the front of my car. Lots of smoke from wheel spin. I don't tow on the road, of course.

Everybody at the marina has been nice to me, and I don't get in anybodys way. I don't think they riducule people like me.

Oh well, BTW, I've gone on 2, month long cruises every summer, for the last 4 years....Guess why I cain't afford a big truck?

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

And most likely enjoy the entertainment !!!!

island boy

Seaman

Back home there is a guy that launches his boat with a 92 rolls royce it is the strangest thing i have ever seen anyone launch a boat with. Pretty funny to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.