Why do you stay on iboats?

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: Why do you stay on iboats?

Short answer= iboats good.<br /><br />Long answer = Good people here. And some are good friends now.<br /><br /> Good info here. On many things.<br /><br /> CLEAN G-rated board--- those are rare and appreciated!<br /><br /> CB radios are too noisey.<br /> Boat parts are a click away (for everything but Force).

PDS

Petty Officer 1st Class

I think we all got attracted to this site because we wanted to talk to other people that have intrests simular to ours, that being boating. My original question was ansewered by some very savey people, and I have tried to help others after that. I don't have all the information like JB and OBJ and others but I try.PDS

11 footer

Lieutenant

Thats a good question, this is one of two fourms I read everyday. I wish I could post more about boats, but I can't help with most boating prolbems people have.<br /><br />The reason I ended up here was because of JB. I knew him from elsewhere and when I learned JB was a moderator on iboats I was sold, before that I had heard of iboats because as say ad's in trailerboats mag.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Came for the food, stayed for the entertainment. Boundless wit & wisdom. Sound advice plus something to smile about. What in the heck did we ever do before all this technical info became available at the touch of a button?

phatmanmike

Captain

i found it by accident. my first outboard was idleing really high, this was in october 03, and since then, i now own 5 boats and 9 outboards( i sold 2) i came here knowing nothing, and i have since rebuilt power heads, replaced lower units and crank bearings, changed impellars.... i feel i can do whatever now!!!! i have all the abilities in the world, and whenevr i need a lil boost of knowledge, i come to iboats.com<br /><br />i have learned sooo much in the last 9 months that it keep sme from getting a job. i buy and sell stuif on ebay, fixing parts motors and whatever, with thanks to ALL of you...<br /><br />and its free

Carphunter

Commander

gonfishn said;<br />you just ain't right either.
Now seriously gonfishn, thats the nicest dang thing anybodys ever said to me. There you guys go again, gettin me all misty eyed. :D <br /><br />Magster, that boy just keeps gettin better lookin!<br />Better keep him away from all the little "ladies". :D

wilkin250r

Chief Petty Officer

I've been around many internet forums, I've logged several thousands of posts in a few of them.<br /><br />Like most people, I came here with a technical question, and in all honesty, I still haven't gotten that dang Force running right. :mad: <br /><br />I frequent this site because it has the best combination of intelligence and humor of any other site I've come across. It's very interesting to see this board, populated with an older, more mature crowd, and with predominantly conservative views compared to another site, comprised mostly of a younger, naive crowd with largely liberal views. ;)

PW2

Commander

Like others, I came here for some tech help on an outboard.<br />I used to like to tinker with engines and stuff, but as I got busier I generally leave the repair work to professionals, and just pay to have it done. But in the area I was in, there was no shop that could even look at my O/B for at least 3 weeks, and with summers so short, I had no choice but to fix it myself. And fix it I did with the help of many on IBoats. Thanks for the help!<br /><br />Then I found the chat area, and found that most on board were of the conservative persuasion. Which is perfect for what I like. I don't particularly like being on liberal sites, I prefer being involved in dialog where many disagree. I figure I am outnumbered here some 30-1 or so, which of course helps it approach being a fair fight!<br /><br />And the mods work hard to maintain civility and eliminate personal attacks from any point of view, which makes it absolutely perfect. Thanks, mods!

Butch Ammon

Petty Officer 1st Class

Why do I come here?<br /><br />Simple: It's the best boating site that I have found. Great people, great topics, a vast array of knowledge to spread around...<br /><br />See, I don't know if I can say it without the Mods getting upset, but I used to be on the usenet internet forum "rec.boats". I got tired of the constant 95% off topic flame wars and trolls, and decided to move on. I found iboats, and haven't looked back.<br /><br />Butch A.