Why do women walk so slow...

Mark42

Fleet Admiral
Where I work women of all ages really walk slow around the office. Put two or more together in a hallway and you now have a serious clog in foot traffic.<br /><br />It does not seem to be age related, although the seniors are the queens of slow.<br /><br />Why is that?

ehenry

Commander
Re: Why do women walk so slow...

Most of em have little feet and short legs.....Ya wouldn't want em to fall over if they had to stop short would ya????

KaGee

Admiral

How fast do you walk in heels???<br /><br /> :D

Mrs Soulwinner

Petty Officer 1st Class

heeeyy, now that you mention it, I walk so!!<br />Why is that? someone pleeeaasse tell me....<br /> :confused: :D :D

LadyFish

Admiral

Originally posted by efhenry:<br /> Most of em have little feet and short legs.....Ya wouldn't want em to fall over if they had to stop short would ya????
Heels or not, I do not walk slow at least at work I don't. With 3' of legs I can pretty much get to where I'm goin quickly.<br /><br />My office is in a building with mostly women and they are always making fun of how fast I walk. I tell em, I don't walk fast, I'm just a woman with a purpose. :)

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Most men will get out of the way, if they are walking slow.<br /><br />Many women are too busy chatting away to realize there is a long line behind them.<br /><br />(Putting flameproof suit on) :D <br /><br />Ken

Mrs Soulwinner

Petty Officer 1st Class

Good one LadyFish....purpose...at a job...<br />I remember when I once had a job that required me to have a purpose...now I'm just here.....<br /> ;)

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

I think LF hit it on the head...have a reason to get somewhere and you waste no time. I don't work in an office so I don't see what you are saying, Mark, but I can understand. Folks with a purpose don't dawdle much...just a thought :)

Mrs Soulwinner

Petty Officer 1st Class

that's it LadyFish.... ;) when i had that job with a purpose, i walked with a that purpose in mind. i have since quit that place (thank God!) and work for myself and now I know that I can still have a purpose in life and just not have to walk so fast...<br />Man is it nice! I've accomplished more working for myself than at any other place I've worked. I get more done and still walk fairly slow. You walk fast, you miss the details....see, don't miss the details on your way....IMHO :D

aspeck

Staff member

So, let me get this straight. LF is saying that most women don't have a purpose?

spratt

Lieutenant

OK, here is my opinion(which some say stinks like my feet)...women have such dep and heavy thoughts pressing on them that in order to maintain those thoughts, the energy is all transferred to their blood cooler, thus effectively shutting down the remainder fo their functions. Once that occurs, the rest of the body functions on instinct only, and due to instinct being slower than brain process (sorta like a cpu irq request) things begin to operate slower. Now, once that idea or thought has come to fruition and they don't hafta maintain it, everything can then work as expected, such as a quicker pace, more even breathing, more apt vision, etc...

Mrs Soulwinner

Petty Officer 1st Class

spratt...what insite! I learn something new about myself everyday! Thanks man. I feel better about this slow walkin' thing.....<br />what were we talkin' about....<br /> :D

spratt

Lieutenant

My dear lady, now that today is a new day, and you have so m uch n ew insight about your gender and yourself, I hope you can think of something to do with it that will make your day so much more productive than yesterday;-) Perhaps you can discuss this "purpose" thang with LF and get her on the right track also...???

ZooMbr

Petty Officer 1st Class

Been watching this thread: knew that sooner or later spratt would enlighten us. THANKS! Another problem solved in iboats. irq request, who woulda thunk.

spratt

Lieutenant

Zoo, I hafta deal with IRQ's and CPU 's every day, so I had to learn why they seemed to be so . so ...ok, wierd!!! After I was enlightened about them being female, everything fell in place!!! Bill gates is really a female in disguise, and INTEL is run by a female CEO, so it only makes sense to build in that mentality...which is why, well, have you ever been in a grocery store and been behind a woman with a cart? If you follof too closely inevitably she will suddenly stop and do a 180 turn and plow right into you!!! See, a PC running Windows will suddenly also just stop and make you restart without warning also...now can you see the correlation???

Mrs Soulwinner

Petty Officer 1st Class

LMAO!!<br /><br /><br />spratt, I now know why the Lord put you in my life.....COMPUTERS! ckeck your mail and get back with me...oh thank You God! :D :D :D Thank You!

spratt

Lieutenant

Mrs....every time I see a friend, well nearly every time, the conversation starts with "Hey, I got a queestion for ya..." and I know they are seeking free technical support...but I really don't mind!!! I think it is great they feel comfortable enuff to come to me...besides, I get free car support, electrical support, food, etc...... in return!!!

Mrs Soulwinner

Petty Officer 1st Class

nope...no tech support needed. I was gonna tell ya a plan I have. Thought you might be interested in 'grading' me along the way...... ;) <br /><br />see, I have a purpose, but still am walking slow! oh wait, I forgot: "..deep and heavy thoughts pressing on them that in order to maintain those thoughts, the energy is all transferred to their blood cooler, thus effectively shutting down the remainder fo their functions."<br /><br />thanks spratt...