• STREAM

Votes: 24 2.4%
  • OTHER

Votes: 49 4.8%

• Total voters

superchipy2k

Cadet
Re: What body of water do you boat in?

Lake Ponchatrain, from Kenner to New Orleans along the South Shore.

Beepa

Cadet

Don't see anyone from New England.
Since I don't trailer my rig, I cruise a portion of the Connecticut River. Very pretty, very busy. But with our pontoon, there's always somewhere to go. :cool:

GreatRiverDucker

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Mostly the Mississippi, hence the name, but also others of the over 10,000 lakes we have, and occasionally some fishing on THE Big Lake :)

kwikk9

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Don't see anyone from New England.
Since I don't trailer my rig, I cruise a portion of the Connecticut River. Very pretty, very busy. But with our pontoon, there's always somewhere to go. :cool:

Had a great, though rainy day, in June cruising the lower end of the CT river out of Old Saybrook on my buddy's 42' boat. He took us in and out of these hidden harbors where there were 100's of boats moored. Beautiful area.
I understand you can cruise up The Thames to Mohegan Sun and dock there. Maybe, win some gas money ?

pduquette

Ensign

Hey Beepa - Over Here !! No,No ; Lower by the intersection of MA r24+495 ! Ya thats me on lake Nipinickett ! Spent most of my trips paddeling to shore since water was too low ...and then i began wrenching a project motor . Also run on Winnicunnet and Sebatia , both are smaller but deeper so no unsetteling BUMPs . Hopeing to chase stripers in Buzzards Bay next year!

Weldor

Seaman

I fish on Lakes Hartwell,Russel,Broadway,Cession and the Saluda River. I just like getting away from work and floating around catching or not.

gnrboyd

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Truman Lake in Missouri is my favorite.

edzzed

Seaman Apprentice

ADAMS lake, for those that haven't heard of the name, the river, ADAMS river is home to the worlds largest sockeye run. 15kms and millions of fish. google it. Ed

MacGizmo

Cadet

I do enjoy river boagting, but remember the rivers in South Africa ant big in size!

Dakota47

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Small lakes in Colorado & Wyoming..

WanabeBoater

Petty Officer 1st Class

I mainly boat Lake Cumberland. It's absolutly beautiful out here. Lots of coves and lots of friendly people. Dam construction tho, is kinda giving it a bad name, but the extended shoreline has lots of items that have been lost overboard in the past, could be someone elses treasure. LOL

pgpg5860

Seaman Apprentice

The Pacific Ocean, cruising from Northern B.C. into Alaska. Whales, Grizzlies, Wolves and even some fish. It's a long drive to get there but sure is worth it.

Gringo

Cadet

This is my first post here on this forum. My wife and dog and I moved from the US to the Turks and Caicos Islands a little over two years ago. The water here is some of the nicest boating I have seen, the world over. We bought a boat of our own early this year, and we spend a lot of time on the deep blue outside the reef as well as on the large, shallow Caicos Bank.

Got plenty photos if anyone is interested.

OldMercsRule

Captain

This is my first post here on this forum. My wife and dog and I moved from the US to the Turks and Caicos Islands a little over two years ago. The water here is some of the nicest boating I have seen, the world over. We bought a boat of our own early this year, and we spend a lot of time on the deep blue outside the reef as well as on the large, shallow Caicos Bank.

Got plenty photos if anyone is interested.

Welcome ta iboats Gringo! This is a GREAT PLACE! Check yer PM! JR (ol' Murky)

SgtMaj

Lieutenant Commander

Norris, Melton hill, and Tellico lakes here in Tennessee.