Way to go Iraq!

POINTER94

Vice Admiral
Re: Way to go Iraq!

Kofi (son, ha), Sevan, Boutros Boutros Ghali, the head of oil for food program, the french, germans and the russians all getting millions in bribes from the murderer of the sand. Now they are lying, stonewalling, and consealing their ill gotten booty, but you're right, I am sure they would have cleaned up that situation. It's true the fish stinks from the head - down. There are dozens of ways that this Iraq situation COULD have been handled differently, none of value would have involved the UN. It's like trying to clean up the prisons with the mafia. <br /><br />If the UN was doing its job, the US wouldn't have to take such steps. But genocidal, murdering, rapists with cash seem to slip through any and all UN safety nets.<br /><br />Pass the kool-aid.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Uday and Kusay are Purina worm chow, and the universe is again, in ballance.

Rudderman

Petty Officer 1st Class

Surely, you don't really think there ARE NO WMD.
Thats EXACTLY what I think. There was no trace of WMD or that they ever existed. WMD was an excuse used to frighten people into thinking "ok we better invade". On this side of the Atlantic, its the commonly held opinion so I am surprised that there are still any people that actually believe that there were WMD in the first place.<br /><br />But thats all in the past now and despite the questionable & blurred original motives of the invasion, obviously democratic elections are a good thing. I hope that the coalition stays for the long haul this time though. The job needs to be seen through to completion until the country is stable enough to govern itself.

Dunaruna

Admiral

Originally posted by 12Footer:<br />
Surely,you still have a spark of memory of what took place in Iraq in 1988 to the Kurds. He used them.<br />
Exactly!<br /><br />He dropped chem bombs and killed thousands of people, in anyones language - thats WMD. Can't be disputed, it happenned. <br /><br />Aldo

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by 12Footer:<br />
Originally posted by Rudderman:<br /> I'm really glad Iraqi people are finally getting a break.<br /><br />Whatever the outcome, I still think it was a dirty trick though, pretending it was about WMD or 911 when all along it was clearly about getting rid of sadam.
Now this one is a troll!<br /><br />Why does this continue to perplex some people?<br />Is it just to troll?
Some people just love to hate, 12 F. Reviling conservatives has become the left's ticket to heaven. It's their version of the 72 virgin thing!

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Sorry Rudderman.. Iraq did have WMD's.. We gave the stuff to em'.. <br /><br />The CDC (U.S. center for disease control) gave anthrax and other nasty germ related stuff to Sandman Hussein back in the 80's so Iraq could manufacture biological weapons to use on them dirty ol' nasty Iranians during the Iran/Iraq war... All with Ron Reagan and George H.W. Bush's blessings...<br /><br />That's how that "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" stuff works.....

PW2

Commander

You guys simply cannot revise history like this and get way with it.<br />In the 2003 SOTU, we heard all about the weapons, the budding nuclear program in Iraq, and the great and gathering threat it was.<br />There was not a single mention of the need to liberate Iraq and build a democracy.<br /><br />Now, this is apparently what it was about in the first place.<br />Now no matter whether you think this is a noble goal or not, it was not how it was sold. It was sold on the basis of fear of imminent threat and danger.<br /><br />I would just like this president to be honest and upfront with what he is trying to do. Then the congress can make an honest evaluation. That is why I don't like this president. He uses abject fear as a common technique to scare us into getting what he wants--and you are left to guess and speculate about what his real motives and goals are

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

PW2,<br /><br />Policy sold on the basis of fear of imminent threat and danger, is not a GOP invention. It is page one in the liberal playbook.<br /><br />I once saw an elderly man in a nursing home crying his eyes out because he thought G Bush (42)was trying to kill him and that I HAD to vote for Clinton to save his life. Pathetic.<br /><br />The SOTU speech is not a policy specific speech, but you know that. Is it smart to tip your hand publically when dealing with lunatics? Listen to the news and you will hear the plan. Democrats will give up the plan in the "public interest", regardless of what position it puts the military in.

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Way to go USA! I think it's bl**dy fantastic that Iraq is now a democracy where it was once under the thumb of a brutal tyrannical dictatorship. The same can be said for Afghanistan. <br /><br />Democracy, Freedom and Liberty - definitely the ideals worth fighting for. I only wish you Americans got more support from the rest of the world in this regard.<br /><br />I read a great article in Time magazine this morning with which I couldn't agree more.<br /><br /> http://www.time.com/time/columnist/krauthammer/article/0,9565,1025328,00.html

Twidget

Commander

President Bush used the same reports gathered by the same people that President Clinton used to say the same thing. The only difference is that President Bush acted on them.<br /><br />I'm really surprised by some of the left leaning people I know. I always thought that liberals were the group that supported human rights. With all the documented human rights violations in Saddam's Iraq, how can someone not be happy for the people of a free Iraq?

rogerwa

Commander

Even if there was physical evidence of WMDs it still wouldn't matter. The goal of the Dems is to destroy the Bush and any other republican.<br /><br />The memory of the critics is very short. How long did we have UN sanctions in place? How long did Hussein snub his nose at those sanctions? How much money did Hussein siphon off of the Oil for Food program? How many contracts did France. Russia have in place under the covers with Iraq? How many documented cases of collaboration with Al Qaida were there? What other standing leader in the world put a contract out on a sitting POTUS. They had WMDs, we know that, they used them on Iran. They had no inspectors for over 6 years. How much time would it take to hide them?<br /><br />It just goes on and on and all we hear is "Bush Lied". Give me a break.