Way to go Iraq!

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
Re: Way to go Iraq!

Wow, this is the best news the world has heard in a long long time.<br /><br />Ken

agitator

Petty Officer 2nd Class

To think that there are those in this country that are disappointed with the turnout and election success. Dan Rather will have a long trip home as will some others. I love it. My son has served two tours there so far with nary a criticism or complaint. I take the boo birds and bad mouthers rantings kind of personal. He leaves a wife and 3 small children behind each time. Events today seem to somehow make their efforts and sacrifices worthwhile but not without sadness for those lost.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

The Dems can do what they want, but they can't hide this or cover it up. It's out there for the whole world to see.<br /><br />It is so good to see these people voice their wishes by vote and to somehow maybe make a life for their families now without all the fear they once lived under.<br /><br />Did that sound right???

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by agitator:<br />My son has served two tours there so far with nary a criticism or complaint. I take the boo birds and bad mouthers rantings kind of personal. He leaves a wife and 3 small children behind each time.
agitator, the next time you see your son, give him a big Salute from the SBN, will ya and pass along a big thank you also for a job well done and for making this a safer place for me and my family. :cool:

PW2

Commander

So now we can immediately withdraw American troops?<br /><br />Mission Accomplished? Where have we heard that before?<br /><br />Now I don't particularly want to rain on anyone's parade here, but power corrupts, and generally people in power don't want to relinquish it peacefully.<br /><br />And Hitler gained power on the coattails of the democracy called the Weimar Republic.<br /><br />So pardon me if I reserve judgement just a bit until this plays out a bit more.<br /><br />I remain more than a little skeptical.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by PW2:<br /> So now we can immediately withdraw American troops?<br /><br />Mission Accomplished? Where have we heard that before?<br /><br />Now I don't particularly want to rain on anyone's parade here, but power corrupts, and generally people in power don't want to relinquish it peacefully.<br /><br />And Hitler gained power on the coattails of the democracy called the Weimar Republic.<br /><br />So pardon me if I reserve judgement just a bit until this plays out a bit more.<br /><br />I remain more than a little skeptical.
Spoken like a dyed in the wool liberal, PW. If the Republicans did it, the glass is half empty. No one said that just because they had a successful election that we could bring the troops home. It's your hero, the Swimmer, that is calling for the troops to be brought home. But hey, why not? Our troops are the problem, aren't they PW. :mad: <br /><br />Like I said, you'd use all this reasoning to have not even progressed to this stage.

SpinnerBait_Nut

PW2 you can say what you wish, but actions speak louder than your or anyone else's words do.<br /><br />"I remain more than a little skeptical"<br />So, what else is new? :rolleyes:

aspeck

Staff member

Agitator, thank your some for my household also!<br /><br />Loved the quote from the 32 year old Iraqi who lost his leg in a car bomb last year - he said he would have crawled to vote if he had to, no terrorist was going to stop him from his right, or attack another Iraqi. (Paraphrased)<br /><br />Ain't freedom a wonderful thing! It even gives the PW's of the world the right to be so darn cynical. If they want to look for the doom and gloom in everything and be unhappy about everything, that is there freedom and right.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by PW2:<br /> So now we can immediately withdraw American troops?
<br />No. Until there is zero threat of a power vacuum that would permit thier hard-won gains from those who would subvert it, we are going to do our best to protect them. End-o-story. Get used to it. Deal with it.<br /><br />
Originally posted by PW2:<br /><br />Mission Accomplished? Where have we heard that before?
<br />Probably at the end of every single campaign in this war, both in Iraq and all other fronts!! I realise you can't understand "victory", but again, I sugjest you learn how and deal with it.<br />
Originally posted by PW2:<br />Now I don't particularly want to rain on anyone's parade here, but power corrupts, and generally people in power don't want to relinquish it peacefully.
<br />Yes you do. It's what liberals/progressives do best (doom n gloom). You all live for it. Everything the United States does is a failure. If it isn't, it will be.... in your view. I suspect, such opinions will never change, therfore, they are predictable.<br />
Originally posted by PW2:<br /><br />And Hitler gained power on the coattails of the democracy called the Weimar Republic.
<br />And a few carefully-placed dead bodies. But thanks to the allies and the "greatest generation",we kicked his arse too :) <br />Sorry if that was a dissapointment to you.<br />
Originally posted by PW2:<br /><br />So pardon me if I reserve judgement just a bit until this plays out a bit more.<br /><br />I remain more than a little skeptical.
By all means,Please do.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

I have heard many stories from our troops that things are not the way the media says. This election confirms this. If our media works with us on this, just maybe the terroists will start thinking it is a worthless cause to keep at it. As long there is turmoil within the US over this, it gives the terrorists something to strive for. <br /><br />I would like for the libs and dems just to keep their mouths shut for a change. Can't say anything good, don't say anything at all. They can talk and say what they want when the war is completely declared over. Then let them have their freedom of speech. <br /><br />This is sorta like mom and dad arguing over their kid in front of them. It gives the kid leverage to play the two. That is what the terroists is doing to our country. At least that is the way I see it.<br /><br />At least, this is a good thing for Iraq right now. I'm happy for them.

Tinkerer

Senior Chief Petty Officer

My views on Iraq wouldn't be welcomed by most of the posters so far, but if the elected and unelected leaders of all the countries in the world each had 1/10th of the commitment to liberty that those posters display in their joy at Iraqis having a taste of democracy then we wouldn't be there. <br /><br />We also wouldn't have the butchery, barbarity, starvation, and misery that goes on in so many places around the globe.<br /><br />But there's no risk of most politicians or any dictator having a genuine commitment to anything except getting or staying in power and advancing personal, local or national interests, so the world is doomed to this sh!t for ever more.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by Tinkerer:<br /> My views on Iraq wouldn't be welcomed by most of the posters so far, but if the elected and unelected leaders of all the countries in the world each had 1/10th of the commitment to liberty that those posters display in their joy at Iraqis having a taste of democracy then we wouldn't be there. <br /><br />We also wouldn't have the butchery, barbarity, starvation, and misery that goes on in so many places around the globe.<br /><br />But there's no risk of most politicians or any dictator having a genuine commitment to anything except getting or staying in power and advancing personal, local or national interests, so the world is doomed to this sh!t for ever more.
So I take it Tinkerer, that all means that we should pack our bags and come home, bury our heads in the sand because it's all going to heII in a handbasket, anyway?

KaGee

Admiral

UP YOUR'S SADDAM...!<br /><br />
mdf841468.jpg
<br /><br />UP YOUR'S TED KENNEDY & DOUBTING LIBERALS!

KennyKenCan

Commander

Why can't all you Libs admit that you were wrong about Iraq?<br /><br />Here the United States has achieved 2 victories in the Middle-East, Afganistan and Iraq, and all you Libs can do now is bitcch and moan about the U.S. winning this war! (Oh, by the way, the United States is the only country to win a battle of any sorts in Afganistan in 7000 years, and that is a bad thing, right?) Isn't "WINNING" the war on terrorism, what this is all about?<br /><br />What is it?<br /><br />Just because President George Bush had the courage to put his political career on the line, and protect the citizens of the United States against the terrorists who want to see you dead, (which is his JOB!) and you didn't agree with the method, now that its said and done, you can't even give credit where credit is due, just because you don't like George Bush?<br /><br />Well guess what Libs...<br /><br />You were all wrong!<br /><br />All your arguments were, and are, unfounded!!<br /><br />Just because things didn't go your way, doesn't mean that the methods were wrong, and these 2 elections are the proof that you Libs have been screaming for, right there in front of your nose, and you can even admit that you were WRONG!!<br /><br />Talk about being self-centered and concieted...

SCO

Lieutenant

Good point Mayfloat, that thought crossed my mind also. I mean, all the "insurgents" could muster was 40 killed out of millions of voters. If that doesn't prove that the enemy is taking a whipping, nothing does, but take heart enemy, our press and Sen Kennedy will do their level best to turn this around for you. I agree partially with PW2, the fight is not over, but heck, I'm optimistic. These "insurgents" are now starting to realize that they are on the losing side, and will fold.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

People tend to forget that for thousands of years there has been fighting in the middle east. Mainly over their belief of religion. Extermination is what one or the other wants. Sometimes us Americans only see the political side since we have constituted that government and church be seperated. Sorry to say, I don't think the middle east will ever see it that way. <br /><br />If peace and democracy overcomes the middle east within my life time, it sure will surprise me. After all this has been going on for thousands of years.

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by SS MAYFLOAT:<br /> I have heard many stories from our troops that things are not the way the media says.
One of the ex-military/talking heads on FOX NEWS CHANNEL let slip yesterday morning that we have deployed combined Iraqi/American special ops units to the borders of Syria and Iran. They have been extremely successful (Specificaly on the Syrian border) search and destroy raids on weapons smugglers. The insurgent re-supply lines have been dealt a serious blow and they are beginning to run out of ammo and weapons.<br /><br />I have not seen this reported before... maybe the military did not want it to be reported and it was a slip of the tongue.

ebbtide176

Commander

continuously badmouthing a situation, then claiming to reserve judgment - sounds like a case of talking out of both sides of the mouth...<br /><br />here's some cheese for that whine :D <br /><br />my heartfelt thanks goes out to all those iraqi's who had the courage to vote.