Vendetta restore

wolfsmurf

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Vendetta restore

My evinrude is sick. One cylinder was not pulling its weight so off to the dr she went. Now I miss my boat.lol. /sniff

Trooper82

Commander

hopefully it will be a quick visit..out patient maybe?

Good Luck!

wolfsmurf

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Bam!

Great day on the lake, just a couple hiccups but a great day. Boat planes out nicely. Rides good and the best part it's paid for.lol

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

Boat looks real good!

When we gonna paint the motor so it looks as spiffy as the boat?

btw... if you'll paint the motor black it'll run faster.:cool:

wolfsmurf

Petty Officer 2nd Class

For some reason I've never had the urge to "jerk a merc". =p

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Hi wolf,
I am sorry I have never posted before this, but honestly I had missed your threads...
I have just finished reading through everything you went through and am extremely impressed with how quickly and professionally you have done this boat.
Now that I have finally come aboard, I want to say that you have done and absolutely Outstanding job on bringing this Vendetta back to better than new condition and it looks absolutely incredibly...
Have a six pack of "Black Crowns" on me...:D
May it serve you and your family well for many, many happy outings, you have earned it...
Happy Holiday weekend.
Gus

wolfsmurf

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hi wolf,
I am sorry I have never posted before this, but honestly I had missed your threads...
I have just finished reading through everything you went through and am extremely impressed with how quickly and professionally you have done this boat.
Now that I have finally come aboard, I want to say that you have done and absolutely Outstanding job on bringing this Vendetta back to better than new condition and it looks absolutely incredibly...
Have a six pack of "Black Crowns" on me...:D
May it serve you and your family well for many, many happy outings, you have earned it...
Happy Holiday weekend.
Gus

Thx a lot Gus. I don't know about better than new but its really nice to be able to fish in it at last. this thing will absolutely fly outa the whole. Like 1 or 2 seconds and we are on plane and gone. I still gotta get the steering fixed. It's really stiff to turn, thought I'd try to work it out under a load but that didn't seem to do any good so I guess I'll have to get a new cable.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Congrats WS!!! She's a Beaut!!!!!

0e7584b0-b736-4e65-a08f-f36c056beaa6.jpg

wolfsmurf

Petty Officer 2nd Class

so my steering is really tight. ive cleaned out the tube and the engine turns easy with the cable unhooked. whats the common opinion on steering systems, rack or rotary? my last 2 boats have had rotaries and i had zero trouble from them even after 10 years with my first boat with nothing done to it. i cant afford hydrolic so it will have to be one of the others. the boat has a rack type on it now but it was not original. any experiences would be cool.

wolfsmurf

Petty Officer 2nd Class

After waiting 2 days on the big brown fairy to bring the teleflex box I can now steer with 1 finger! Not that I'm gona.lol

wolfsmurf

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Well I had my "DOH!" Homer Simpson moment Sunday morning. All set to try out the new steering and show off my mad boat restoration skills with my bud. We pushed off from the dock, fired up the rude. She was purring, like she was saying come'on..... Floor it. Lucky I was really scared and didn't do it cuz when I put it in gear and steered towards open water..........................the boat went the wrong way! I had followed directions to the letter but had put the new rack in upside down.roflmao. So my bud says now why the hell did you do that? And I said I have no idea but I'm thinking I need to go really slow! Heh. Other than that and getting caught in a small downpour we had a good day.

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

That's funny and scary at the same time...:lol::scared: