Tri-Hull Club...Yes? No? Maybe?

Tri-Hull Club...Yes? No? Maybe?

• Total voters

Phill0046

Recruit
Re: Tri-Hull Club...Yes? No? Maybe?

22667609.jpg

I can play this game! My 66 MFG Carousel is just getting started on a full resto

jaretjames

Cadet

I'll play, here's my 1978 Ebko tri-hull. It been in our family ever since it rolled off the line. I learned how to ski behind this boat, but now its just used for trolling around the lake. The engine is a 1967 Chevy 153, w/ 110hp out of my grandfather's first boat.

boat001-1.jpg

boat112.jpg

Boat22.jpg

Milford202010201471.jpg

tallcanadian

Captain

Where are all these great boats coming from. Keep 'em coming.. Nice boats, by the way.

jaretjames

Cadet

Forgot to add this pic. That's the Ohio River and Cincinnati in the background. We have since moved back to Nebraska...no more daily fishing or cruising for "Ole Ebbie"

jaretsboat.jpg

Fishing at Milford Lake, KS at the start of June 2010...much luck...
Milford202010201251.jpg

Jakebob

Seaman

I wanna play!

Just picked this '74 Silverline last weekend. It needs a deck and probably stringers. Got it for a couple hundred as the motor was junk. The good bits from the '68 Slickcraft will be moved to the Silverline and the slick will go away.

The wife wanted more room, so in with the open bow, out with the 4 seat.

It will be powered by a '74 135 Johnson with CMC trim/tilt. Maybe paint too if time allows this winter. We shall see.

Honey-do's and house fixing are in the way right now, but I can't wait to get started.

61618_1480503766667_1055979417_31132300_1584858_n1.jpg

0911101341-03.jpg

Rancy006.jpg

chiben123

Recruit

Can I join ? I have a 1978 VIP with a 470 Mercruiser. i swapped for it in early june and have rebuilt the motor, outdrive, and am in the process of rewiring.

2010-06-16 19.33.36.jpg

IMG_20100911_122556.jpg

nolatech

Recruit

Count me in! I just picked this up yesterday for a steal. Probably the best $200 I will ever spend. All I know about it is that it's a 1970ish Seabreeze, original trailer and engine, a 45 HP Chrysler. Supposed to get the Title today, so I should know more about it this evening. I haven't put it in the water yet, but the hull looks to be in excellent condition. It will need some minor repairs to the wood underneath the seats, but no major refurb projects that I can tell.

Attachments

• front right.jpg
    front right.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 0
  • side.jpg
    side.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 0
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 0
  • I'm on a boat.jpg
    I'm on a boat.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 0

fstorm08

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I wanna play!

Just picked this '74 Silverline last weekend. It needs a deck and probably stringers. Got it for a couple hundred as the motor was junk. The good bits from the '68 Slickcraft will be moved to the Silverline and the slick will go away.

The wife wanted more room, so in with the open bow, out with the 4 seat.

It will be powered by a '74 135 Johnson with CMC trim/tilt. Maybe paint too if time allows this winter. We shall see.

Honey-do's and house fixing are in the way right now, but I can't wait to get started.

61618_1480503766667_1055979417_31132300_1584858_n1.jpg

0911101341-03.jpg

Rancy006.jpg

DUDE!.... awesome looking silverline comoro!

mfg75

Cadet

Here' my 1975 MFG Gypsy 17'4" with 140 mercruiser. I haven't seen another one around here close except Woosterken's "74". Don't mind the damaged MFG on the side. I am in the process of trying to get a hold of a set of used ones to replace them. I've had it since 1985 but it has been stored inside heated since 1996. I got her going again this year & took her out 7 times to small inland lakes in Michigan & Lake St. Clair. I would like to find out also how many of these were made in 1975. I'll join the club.

Attachments

• 1009100811-01 - Copy.jpg
    1009100811-01 - Copy.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 1009100822-00 - Copy.jpg
    1009100822-00 - Copy.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 0

garzilla

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Here's mine.....70 Lund, 72 Johnson.

200 clams for boat, motor, and trailer...I'll have to get some up after I cleaned all the guys crap out of it.. LOL.

2010-04-05093453.jpg

2010-10-22114414.jpg

(Holy huge pics batman)....sorry!!

fstorm08

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Here' my 1975 MFG Gypsy 17'4" with 140 mercruiser. I haven't seen another one around here close except Woosterken's "74". Don't mind the damaged MFG on the side. I am in the process of trying to get a hold of a set of used ones to replace them. I've had it since 1985 but it has been stored inside heated since 1996. I got her going again this year & took her out 7 times to small inland lakes in Michigan & Lake St. Clair. I would like to find out also how many of these were made in 1975. I'll join the club.
nice looking MFG!

Sea Stomper

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I'm in. Mine is a 1977 Orrion 15'10" with a 1975 75 hp Chrysler modified to an 85 Chrysler with a Frankenstien mopar ignition system with an MSD Blaster coil setup and L86C spark plugs. This boat is 99 percent used on the Pacific Ocean out of Humboldt Bay, California which has an entrance bar that can be very hostile. I fish Pacific Halibut, occasionally tuna, salmon and rock fish. I closed in the open bow with a wood cover that hinges up from the bow, and I store 20 gallons of fuel in the bow for better weight distribution. No fuel is in the stern. The fuel location change occurred 90 days ago and almost eliminated the tri-hull wave slapping for larger waves. Smaller wind chop like a lake or bay still makes for a slappy ride. A fuel line attaches via quick disconnect where the stern tanks normally are so I can put some there if I want. The line quick disconnect is attached there and runs to the bow compartment where it attaches to 3 portable tanks up there. I can run over 40 gallons of fuel for long ocean trips if I want. So far I've only ever used 4 6.5 gallon tanks for my longest trip offshore.

The Youtube links are some stuff I shot while fishing 10 miles offshore. Farthest offshore with it was 35 miles off shore for tuna one day.

DSCN2600s.JPG

Stomper, with a covered bow compartment

DSCN0189.JPG

Returning from 10 miles out with a 56 pound Pacific halibut

DSCN0191.JPG

Same fish. The life jacked padded him from damage from the engine securing clamps. Note the bungee cords which are "anti torque" compensating at cruise speed for "hands off" steering.

DSCN0191JPG

Same fish

DSCN0196.JPG

Same fish again

DSCN1708.JPG

Electronics layout. Left to right, Lowrance Mark 5X pro sonar, Eagle Cuda 250 GPS and sonar, Asus EEEPC with Sea Clear chart plotter software networked with the Eagle gps and also AIS input from the #1 VHF AIS receiver, Standard Horizon Matrix 2100 VHF with AIS receiver, Icom IC2000 VHF Ham tranciever, and extreme right is a Garmin GPS60CS with full marine charting installed as a backup chart plotter. In the Pacific Ocean, backups and sometimes double backups are what it takes to guarantee safe passage into the entrance with heavy fog and marginal seas. This boat has 3 chart plotters and 3 vhf radios.

The boat design was a pleasant surprise for ocean seaworthiness. It takes 8 foot seas all day long, and with proper weight balance (fuel forward), it rides pretty well as long as the wind chop is longer period than what you get in a bay or lake.

YOUTUBE links at sea in the tri hull
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAsVnXHspRI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c4ioyd8MCA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbSCYimSXnU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZfyx0inwg4

Last edited:

mcconnell63

Seaman

Hi Guys, I'm looking for a tri hull but every boat i look at does not have tilt n trim for the motor. I was thinking about an I/O. The local marine dealer said it would cost about $500 to $600 install a T/T. I had a boat with a manual hydrolic pump for the T/T. What have you guys been doing about a T/T. WANNA BE A MEMBER WHEN I GET MY BOAT. AL :D

Sea Stomper

Petty Officer 2nd Class

With a boat my size (16 feet) I stuck with manual raise and lowering, and as far as the tilt goes, once I found the sweet spot, I have no reason to ever change it again. It's just fiddling to have it any other way in my opinion. Tilt and trim is just another thing to go wrong. My boat has a bunch of nav stuff and fishing stuff, but it is VERY simple technology wise. Lifting and lowering the motor is super easy. I need the exercise. It's just a preference thing with me. Another marine tech (I'm one too) said that as far as this and trim tabs on bigger boats go, set 'em and leave 'em. I have a friend who is always fiddling with the darn things on a 25 foot boat and it drives me nuts not to mention that it is a fuel waster. Find the sweet lowest drag and best attitude location and leave it alone. Again, just my opinion.

parrisw

Ensign

With a boat my size (16 feet) I stuck with manual raise and lowering, and as far as the tilt goes, once I found the sweet spot, I have no reason to ever change it again. It's just fiddling to have it any other way in my opinion. Tilt and trim is just another thing to go wrong. My boat has a bunch of nav stuff and fishing stuff, but it is VERY simple technology wise. Lifting and lowering the motor is super easy. I need the exercise. It's just a preference thing with me. Another marine tech (I'm one too) said that as far as this and trim tabs on bigger boats go, set 'em and leave 'em. I have a friend who is always fiddling with the darn things on a 25 foot boat and it drives me nuts not to mention that it is a fuel waster. Find the sweet lowest drag and best attitude location and leave it alone. Again, just my opinion.

Its nice to trim all the way down though for pulling skiers out of the water.

tallcanadian

Captain

If you do go the outboard way and it doesn't have power trim, there is an after market unit that I have on my boat. It's a CMC power trim unit and will hold up to a 135hp. Just my 2 cents worth.

100_1987.jpg

Sea Stomper

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Nice unit, I like it.

Parrisw, of course, I stand corrected! Power trim would be the only way to handle that situation.

mcconnell63

Seaman

I BOUGHT A BOAT WEDNESDAY. AN ARROW GLASS COUGER WITH A NEWER 55 YAMAHA WITH T/T, NOT SURE OF THE YAMS DATE. THE SELLER SAID IT WAS A 15 1/2 FT LONG BUT WHEN I LOOKED IT UP IT SAID 14.83 LONG. DOES ANYONE KNOW MORE ABOUT THIS BOAT. AND THANKS FOR ALL THE FEED BACK FOR THE T/T. :) Al