Tri-Hull Club...Yes? No? Maybe?

Tri-Hull Club...Yes? No? Maybe?

• Total voters

Tahorover

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Tri-Hull Club...Yes? No? Maybe?

litl-squirt2.jpglitl-squirt.jpg
jm1.jpg

I think I'm the smallest! 8' twin carb 750cc 2 stroke jet.

tallcanadian

Captain

ok i just got this toy who can tell me what the age of this is this is in the center of my caravelle it has a blk line that goes up the back end of boat

Depending on the year of your boat, if you stand at the back, looking at the transom, there should be a long number engraved right in the hull. This is your HIN or hull identification number. It's the same as a VIN number on a car. If there is no number then I believe it's probably pre '72?? If the number is there, it's usually the last two numbers for the year.

teddytedted

Cadet

I'm in guys!

1977 Larson Manta 175 17' (I think?) 140 Mercruiser I/O I purchased last spring for $1500. Been a great little boat so far. I really like this style - I don't see very many of these Manta's, mainly the Larson Sharks and all-americans from a few years earlier.

I found a matching seat to replace the driver side and replaced the old grip tape in the middle, tune-up, etc. going to tackle the bellows and gimbal bearing in a couple weeks and I have a couple soft spots in the floor. I'm going to try to fix the floor this spring but not looking forward to it after some of the horror stories I've heard on here!:(

Wish me luck and any hints/advice is always appreciated!

Attachments

• 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 0

redfury

Commander

Yup, that manta is a good looking boat, almost as nice as my glastron :p

jonesg

Admiral

I have a cathedral hull, its similar to a tri hull but vastly superior in unknown ways.
Therefore I should obviously be the archbishop of the club, dues are $50, mail to me.

Hugh v' Binhad
28 shyster rd
State of denial.

redfury

Commander

I have a cathedral hull, its similar to a tri hull but vastly superior in unknown ways.
Therefore I should obviously be the archbishop of the club, dues are $50, mail to me.

Hugh v' Binhad
28 shyster rd
State of denial.

Ha, just think of those poor guys with tunnel hulls....they have NO club to send due to! My payment is in the mail, but I had to send it in the form of old lower unit oil, since that is worth more than the money in my wallet.

bartborchardt

Petty Officer 2nd Class

1973 Hornet

Hornet01.jpg

locob

Cadet

Well I will be joining the tri-hull club next week. My Buddy has had his Trihull sitting in his driveway now for almost 3 years. He called me up earlier this year and said, "when the snow melts, you should come take this thing off my property." I don't know much about the boat. Couldn't tell you the length, or the make. But I can tell you that it has a Chrysler 700 Skier on the back that runs great! I can also tell you that it needs a new floor and hopefully it won't need stringers or a transom. But with my luck I will be joining the rest of you with a restoration thread soon. I will post pictures of it this upcoming weekend. Best part about this boat....It's free! I hope I can get this thing on the water before the summer solstice.

Oh I also wanted to say. This is my first post and I'm looking forward to lots of advice from fellow Iboaters!

redfury

Commander

Well I will be joining the tri-hull club next week. My Buddy has had his Trihull sitting in his driveway now for almost 3 years. He called me up earlier this year and said, "when the snow melts, you should come take this thing off my property." I don't know much about the boat. Couldn't tell you the length, or the make. But I can tell you that it has a Chrysler 700 Skier on the back that runs great! I can also tell you that it needs a new floor and hopefully it won't need stringers or a transom. But with my luck I will be joining the rest of you with a restoration thread soon. I will post pictures of it this upcoming weekend. Best part about this boat....It's free! I hope I can get this thing on the water before the summer solstice.

Oh I also wanted to say. This is my first post and I'm looking forward to lots of advice from fellow Iboaters!

First piece of advice/wisdom...there is no such thing as a free boat. But, if you have a running motor that is trustworthy, then it's just a matter of finding the right boat for the motor, whether it's the one it's hanging on, or another you find out there needing a motor ( and most likely some work ).

mech1521

Seaman

Yes there should be, I'm renovating an 84 open bow tri-hull Imperial with a 115 power of tower straight 6 merc.

takrafft

Cadet

Can any of you Tri-Hull enthusiasts help with identifying this Tri-Hull? Saw it on a Norwegian forum and got curious:)

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 0
  • untitled2.jpg
    untitled2.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 0

King James

Seaman Apprentice

not sure if this is the right forum for classifieds but i have this for $1000
im in south east mich trailer does need one tire contact me through here if intested

redfury

Commander

Can any of you Tri-Hull enthusiasts help with identifying this Tri-Hull? Saw it on a Norwegian forum and got curious:)

Looks similar to a Chrysler, but it's something different...can't put my finger on it.

locob

Cadet

Let me tri* this again, now knowing that pics must be 640x480..

:p

dscn1374m.jpg

dscn1381y.jpg

Count me in. 1972 Crestliner Muskie 15'. Needs some TLC.
boat003.jpg

boat004.jpg

Out to a local lake on Easter Sunday. Many lessons learned. I don't need 200 ice chests and 10 bags of clothes and all the other assorted stuff we brought along. On the bright side the boat floated and the motor, sorta ran. The motor would go to fast idle but put in gear I only got a little above idle. I will pull the shifter assembly apart and see that gives. The was the maiden voyage of the "Miss Janet". It will be better next time.
I love this site, I have so many ideas for the upholstery. I will post pics as I can.