Tri-Hull Club...Yes? No? Maybe?

Tri-Hull Club...Yes? No? Maybe?

• Total voters

redfury

Commander
Re: Tri-Hull Club...Yes? No? Maybe?

what's the notched pie shaped deal in front of the winch post on the tongue for? What a neat boat!

drewpster

Commander

you bring your truck and $250 and a place to store it :D

I'd completely jump on the thing if I had a place to put it where it wouldn't bother the wife....MBS isn't transmittable through the air apparently or any other types of physical contact:confused:...she's completely got me blocked ( using reason of all things! ) from getting any more boats/and/or projects.

Understood, I am in the same "boat" I could manage just about everything you require here except time and my wife.
drewp

superwooter

Petty Officer 2nd Class

hi,
not sure how i missed this thread. see my signature below for description. here's my pics...

IMG01578.jpg

IMG01558.jpg

IMG00026-20091025-1741.jpg

IMG01535.jpg

superwooter

Petty Officer 2nd Class

thanks!
well, it's fast enough for my purposes. speedo reads 35 mph WOT hitting just below 5000 rpm with 2 men in the boat. this week i'll be doing a thorough cleaning of the carbs and hope to bring that up a little closer to 40 mph. i know it's supposed to be desirable to have fishing platforms in a bass boat, but without the platforms, it feels roomier than it is.
i haven't had the boat for very long. i drove from south mississippi to st. louis, missouri to get it about 5 weeks ago... sight unseen. it was a freebee! needless to say, i was more than pleased with it.

tallcanadian

Captain

Freebie is always a good deal. It's a decent speed though for a fairly heavy boat for sure.

Lliam

Cadet

I have an EARLY 60's Aluminum Sea Ark (identified by Sea Ark).
Undergoing restoration
http://www.nefla.com/boat/

bowx600_small.jpg

My web site shows a vastly different look.

I am BEHIND in photo updates to my site, BUT will have them in MID November

jimh6278

Petty Officer 3rd Class

OK - I'm in. 1981 Sea Raider SR155 with a 65 Chrysler (yes, they made a 65 for one year). This is my second trihull. In between I had a Trophy, and a couple 14' aluminum boats. I went looking for a trihull because I always like the stability for fishing. And I wanted a shorter one for weight. I am usually by myself and I wanted something easy to launch.

So I scored this thing in June 2009. Last registered in 1996. Everything including vinyl was in almost new condition. Floor doesn't look like it has ever seen water. Has a bow cover and cockpit cover. I'll bet it wasn't used more than a few times a year in the dead of summer. Other than that it was kept under cover because there is no sun damage. $1600. I would like more info on Sea Raider boats. Quality of workmanship is good.

Well this summer I managed to figure out the boat and trailer. I can launch and load just like the fancy guys - without getting wet. I put rods holders on the rear rails and added a 3 hp Johnson. With the kicker I can troll as slow as 1 KPH (GPS) and cruise at 40 KPH with the main motor.

Sometimes I sit in it at nite and have a beer. My wife thinks that is weird and she doesn't want to join me - her tough luck. She has figured out that the boat gets parked under the carport for the winter though.

DSCN1653.jpg

DSCN1660.jpg

Love my boat. And it is a great fishing machine for mid sized water.

superwooter

Petty Officer 2nd Class

that is a super clean one! sounds like you got a terrific price as well.

tallcanadian

Captain

Great looking boat. Wow, awesome. Good deal for sure. You may want to shorten that tongue up on the trailer though. Looks like she has a bit a sag to it.

Darren Nemeth

Chief Petty Officer

jimh6278, that is a really nice boat. You should be proud of it. I can see why you spend time in it on land. Really nice.

nutdpl

Recruit

Heres my 68 Aero Craft 15' with 62 Evinrude 75hp Starflite, Got it for $300, going to be doing a light restore this winter.

3mb3ob3pe5Od5T05Rb9bl1ca94fe74f6e18.jpg

Last edited:

jimh6278

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thought about shortening the tongue but the boat sits real high on the rollers and I have to back it in deeper than if there were bunks. 2 " above the fenders. Even with the long tongue the rear wheels of the truck are in the water which I don't really like. Still an option though. My first consideration is to NOT be a youtube star at the ramp.

jimh6278

Petty Officer 3rd Class

And another choice is to move the weight back but as it is there is only 150# on the hitch so that may not be possible. The boat and trailer do not really look like a good match but I likt the biger tires so will see what next year brings.

Signal 20

Seaman

I would like to add my contribution to the thread and tri-hull club. I have a 1981 Malibu 16'8ft center console tri-hull with a 1981 Mercury Thunderbolt 80hp on it. I dont have a good overall pic to post, however I have a good amount on my restoration thread.

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=368149

let me know what you think. I'm currently in the overwhelmed and confused step of my restoration process ;)

tallcanadian

Captain

I would like to add my contribution to the thread and tri-hull club. I have a 1981 Malibu 16'8ft center console tri-hull with a 1981 Mercury Thunderbolt 80hp on it. I dont have a good overall pic to post, however I have a good amount on my restoration thread.

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=368149

let me know what you think. I'm currently in the overwhelmed and confused step of my restoration process ;)

Check your rebuilding post.

Signal 20

Seaman

I felt bad about not posting a pic for my first post in the thread so I ran out to the garage with my camera phone and snapped one just for this thread.

382305413.jpg

I will hopefully have a in water photo within the next 6 months ;)

pcmpete

Petty Officer 1st Class

Just got my first tri-hull, a 1974 Glastron Swinger V187 with a Ford 302 motor and Volvo outdrive, she is all original... Unfortunately. But not for long :)

Attachments

• glastron002.jpg
    glastron002.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 0
  • glastron006.jpg
    glastron006.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 0
  • glastron009.jpg
    glastron009.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 0
  • glastron010.jpg
    glastron010.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 0

relstabw

Seaman

Here's my 1976 Lucraft. Does anybody else have one?

Attachments

• ATT1033721.jpg
    ATT1033721.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 0
  • ATT1034075.jpg
    ATT1034075.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 0

tallcanadian

Captain

You fellas have some real rockin boats. Very nice to each of you fellas. Start your own posts and keep us informed with your builds. Very nice.