Tri-Hull Club...Yes? No? Maybe?

Tri-Hull Club...Yes? No? Maybe?

• Total voters

singinout

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Tri-Hull Club...Yes? No? Maybe?

Hey paris! I gotta commend u for your posts! Pix and vids from the get-go! Cant beat that! Gud job! Keep it up! If you're gonna do work on your boat you should start a thread to track that progress. Very interesting boat and awesome vid! Thanx for posting!

mk_bovee

Cadet

Go to this site http://www.ultimate.com/omc-boats/

You'll find info there about OMC boats and the mailing list and how to join. (My boat is in the gallery for Johnson Surfers. Mines the last one.)

sweet looking boat there nitsuj, i wish mine was set up a little more like yours is, i like the dog house on yours...........my interior ends where the motor begins. and as you saw, i got mine set up for big water fishing with downriggers, and being able to get them on the back of the boat would have been sweet if i could have had it set up more like yours.

btw, thanks for teh link to the omc mailing list........now im just waiting to hear from them as to weither or not they accepted me LOL

nitsuj

Chief Petty Officer

Mine was used as a fishing boat in it's previous life too. It's got all sorts of rod holders and a home made outrigger thing made to fit on it. Plus some planer board things I don't know how to use. I may fish a little off it, but I'm not a serious fisherman, so I'll probably take most of the stuff off.

mk_bovee

Cadet

Mine was used as a fishing boat in it's previous life too. It's got all sorts of rod holders and a home made outrigger thing made to fit on it. Plus some planer board things I don't know how to use. I may fish a little off it, but I'm not a serious fisherman, so I'll probably take most of the stuff off.

dang! i wish i lived closer to ya, id make an offer for the fishing stuff off of that. man, story of my life , a day late, a dollar short, and too damn far LOL

nitsuj

Chief Petty Officer

If you lived closer I'd probably just give the stuff to you on the condition that I'd be able to use it if I ever needed it. I usually don't get rid of stuff like that. I may not be into fishing now, but all I have to do is enjoy it once and it will be my new hobby. So it will go in the basement with all the other stuff I may use someday. It can keep my golf clubs, tennis racket and mountain bike company...

parrisw

Ensign

Boy, I hope my Glastron planes that quickly! The profile of the boat reminds me of my dads old Ski doo.

Ya, its pretty cool how fast it gets up. Good for skiing.

Hey paris! I gotta commend u for your posts! Pix and vids from the get-go! Cant beat that! Gud job! Keep it up! If you're gonna do work on your boat you should start a thread to track that progress. Very interesting boat and awesome vid! Thanx for posting!

Thanks, I surely will, the seat frames need to be rebuilt, I'm hoping to start tomorrow.

mk_bovee

Cadet

If you lived closer I'd probably just give the stuff to you on the condition that I'd be able to use it if I ever needed it. I usually don't get rid of stuff like that. I may not be into fishing now, but all I have to do is enjoy it once and it will be my new hobby. So it will go in the basement with all the other stuff I may use someday. It can keep my golf clubs, tennis racket and mountain bike company...

tell ya what.............if you ever make it up to northern michigan, i'll show you how to use those planer boards and a whole slew of other things for salmon fishing. just give me a shout if you ever make it up this way and we will take the sportfisherman out on lake michigan for some bigguns

nitsuj

Chief Petty Officer

Sounds like a plan! ;-)

catfighter

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have a tri-hull tiller with 15hp Johnson.

I guarantee my boat's the ugliest. :p

BOAT

I want in on the tri-hull club. To whom do I pay dues? hehe

http://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i18/WoW_Zoth/BOAT/?action=view&current=DSC01820.jpg

catfighter

Petty Officer 1st Class

You just can't argue with this kind of logic, LOL!

I took the boat out this evening for a spin. It's a blast. I think, or at least it feels like, I'm going about 15mph! I'm impressed.

I must get back on the water soon.

redfury

Commander

Ugly, heck no! I like that boat...the center bench has actual use, and the floor looks like it would be super easy to add a level floor to if you wanted!

catfighter

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks! I was thinking of doing that, but I think I'm extending the deck first. It's too small to stand on.

I'll get some pics of the boat up, and also share some ideas about that deck.

scrachem

Recruit

umm i have a 28ft land and sea craft. (trailerable houseboat) trihull does that count sorry i dont have pictures yet. it does have 2 non working v8 volvo engines in it and supposivly goes 50mph in working order. i waiting to c that. If any 1 knows anything about this boat please post a link.

it kinda looks like this but with a upper deck controls and seating and rails
http://www.geocities.com/bigboat4sale/index.html

Dace

Recruit

Man, that was awesome. I'll be looking at a Mark Twain trihull tomorrow. I hope its in decent shape. I've restored a few cars but this will be my first boat. I'm looking forward to the challenge. I've been reading along and have learned a few things from you guys.
If everything works out I'll definately be in on the Trihull club. I'll try to keep pics and notes along the way of the rebuild also, I really enjoy that myself as I'm sure many here do.

Dace

rodawg

Cadet

Sweet. 1980 Sundance Marine/Bragg's Marine w/1968 Merc 650. Currently being updated.

Attachments

• 3976373930_b95c7acc11_m.jpg
    3976373930_b95c7acc11_m.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 1

dcbrown

Recruit

Winter project for this coming winter. Believe it is a tri-hull also.

Should of added more information. 1970 General Marine "Apollo IV" 15 ft, currently sporting an Evinrude 55 hp engine. Anyone know or have an information on the General Marine boats. I believe that they were built in Alabama or Arkansas. The current General Marine boats are built on the East Coast, but that company is only about 10 years or so.

gore

Seaman Apprentice

I'll join the Tri-Hull Club

theboat.jpg