Tri-Hull Club...Yes? No? Maybe?

Tri-Hull Club...Yes? No? Maybe?

• Total voters

TheMechanic

Cadet
Re: Tri-Hull Club...Yes? No? Maybe?

Mkrup that boat would be a blast for me out on the delaware of PA. :) great lil boat id take it if it went up for grabs.

southkogs

Staff member

This is a second submission for this boat after building a new sliding canopy pilot house on it. First submission in this thread was number 354 at http://forums.iboats.com/boat-resto...-club-yes-no-maybe-346413-15.html#post3011945.

It's a 15' 10" Orrion with an 85 Chrysler modded with a mopar ignition box and MSD Blaster ignition coil.

DSCN5206.JPG

DSCN5205.JPG

0825131240a.jpg

boat1.jpg
Wow, that's cool lookin'. Very unique.

TheMechanic

Cadet

Any trihullers with a outboard motor wanna kindly take pictures of how the fuel lines run and also mount to the tank for me? And how and where the battery is stored and secured? The prior owner just has every thing laying in the boat from the floor job. And now that the wave runner is up and back its time to move back to the bay liner. Thanks.

smittty1959

Recruit

I'm currently in the process of buying the initial supplies to begin a full restoration of a tri-hull boat my father used to own. I would very much like it if there was a "specific" tri-hull club.

DavidASmith57

Recruit

I'm currently in the process of buying the initial supplies to begin a full restoration of a tri-hull boat my father used to own. I would very much like it if there was a "specific" tri-hull club.

Currently, we all appear to be a loose knit group of people who have Tr-Hulls in common, have all found this page because we wanted to see if there were others out there on this restorative journey together, posed a picture, and some have requested a Tri-Hull sticker :)

I think the original posters would be proud of all the submissions in response to their original posts. I agree with Smitty1959 that it would be good to move this thread from "Tri-Hull Club...Yes? No? Maybe?" to "The Official Tri Hull Club" page or even a Facebook Page, and invite everyone.

Anyone else interested in stepping it up a notch?

Davidasmith57 (davidasmith1957@gmail.com)

southkogs

Staff member

tallcanadian

Captain

I'm with David on this one. A Facebook page would be awesome. I too am not much into the social media but do have a Facebook profile. I also have a couple of things on Twitter such as local traffic, Nascar, and a couple other small sites. I have overlooked trihulls over the years but since I had my first, I am hooked. I probably won't own another style boat again.

My '77 Chrysler Funster. My parents got it around 1980. The original Chrysler 105 was worn completely out by the late 90s. My dad installed a '78 140 HP mercury tower of power. I'll be doing the transom and floor this spring.

Last edited:

tallcanadian

Captain

Sweet boat. The smile says it all. Welcome and thanks for sharing.

glnbnz

Chief Petty Officer

Yes welcome aboard stephenspann27. It's always nice to see boats restored (or going to be) with some family history!!

My name is Matthew I own a 72' thunderbird Comanche. Owned since new by my father and now me. It's had it's gas tank replaced and the deck along with it. It's had three motors the original 100hp even rude replaced my a late eighties Johnson 115"new" followed by a 07 115"new" for connivence the late eighties actually was a trade in it over heated from time to time and leaked fluids anyway great boat "not one issue with the 07 since new as of 14'"I just hope it lasts me into my seventies um and the seats carpet etc has been replaced in 2007 I love this boat.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

More

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 1

tallcanadian

Captain

Hey Matthew, great looking boat. Owning it since new, what a great story. At least you know what you got. Good luck with her. It's a great boat to love.

Thanks I actually still have the original bill of sale lol less then 4500 new lol. The interior of the cuddy needs a bit of work but its decent. The toilet has been removed as well. It's also been kept high and dry indoors since new it's been on a trailer three times fresh water once lol. She needs Some new art tho "ship shape" is what's painted on the transom.

Last edited:

dschuckert

Cadet

Finally after two years in the garage, my 1970 Seastar Wildcat is ready for the water.
IMG_0682.jpg

canuckmark

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Wow Don, she looks fantastic! Clearly no detail went unnoticed - excellent work.

southkogs

Staff member

Nice work Don. Congratulations on getting it done.