Tri-Hull Club...Yes? No? Maybe?

Tri-Hull Club...Yes? No? Maybe?

• Total voters

DavidASmith57

Recruit
Re: Tri-Hull Club...Yes? No? Maybe?

That's a fine looking Trihull you have there David. Nice work also!!

Thanks! ... It seems like most on this thread have some sweat equity in their boat. It was refreshing to see some of the pics. Your boat looks terrific.

Yesterday

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'll have to throw my hat in the ring on this one as well! '69 Chrysler Sport Satellite restored.
Cheers y'all.IMG_1772.jpg

dschuckert

Cadet

I'm in - just trying to get my Sea Star out of the garage and into the water.
She's in for a tummy tuck, a face lift and a little lippo.
I figure a couple more months and she should be ready.
IMG_0470.jpgIMG_0467.jpgIMG_0468.jpgIMG_0469.jpg
This is what she looked like before the transfromation.

glnbnz

Chief Petty Officer

dschuckert

Cadet

All I was going to do was the before and after, but maybe it might be more fun documenting each step.
Thanks glnbnz for the thought.

tallcanadian

Captain

All I was going to do was the before and after, but maybe it might be more fun documenting each step.
Thanks glnbnz for the thought.
We all like step by step rebuild. In the meantime, what a picture of it now...Just sayin'.

tempus fugit

Cadet

1972 thunderbird shawnee with a 1972 65hp evinrude, i'll have to post some pics. all original and in good shape but about to do some interior work.

ObieTiger

Seaman Apprentice

<------- new member here! here is a pick of my first and only boat. it is a 1971 Larson Shark 165 with an 85 hp evinrude outboard. one owner til I bought it this year. got it on the water one time and it ran like a champ, well at least until the bottom motor bolts broke through the transom :embarassed: now it's a complete rebuild. transom stringers and deck. rebuild thread underway. Larson Shark - YouTube

Last edited:

tallcanadian

Captain

<------- new member here! here is a pick of my first and only boat. it is a 1971 Larson Shark 165 with an 85 hp evinrude outboard. one owner til I bought it this year. got it on the water one time and it ran like a champ, well at least until the bottom motor bolts broke through the transom :embarassed: now it's a complete rebuild. transom stringers and deck. rebuild thread underway. Larson Shark - YouTube
Nice find. Great looking boat. I'm sure it will be worth the work. Thanks for sharing.

dschuckert

Cadet

As soon as I can find some free time....I'll get the boat off the portable stand I made for it so I could fix and finish the trailer.
Here are some shots of the trailer.
One thing I did find out was my boat is a 1970 Sea Star model 1702 Wildcat. I happened across a website that had all the info on boats made by the Glastex Co.
If anyone wants to see it let me know. (I save the jpg files instead of writing done the web address)IMG_0513[1].jpgIMG_0514[1].jpg

mikeg75

Recruit

here is mine....after looking at 35 pages i was a little disappointed that no one else owns one but if anyone has info on her please feel free to let me know. this is my very first boat and i have no idea where to start. she is a 1975 blazer 15 foot w/500 mercury thunderbolt.IMG_20130704_142453.jpgIMG_20130704_082010_025-1.jpg

ObieTiger

Seaman Apprentice

I picked up another one!:facepalm: Just picked up a 1970 Rinkerbuilt Tri Hull with a non running 115 evinrude (got it for a song). The transom, hull n deck are solid (knew what to look for this time). The plan is to take the 85 evinrude from my Larson and slap it on the Rinker (the controls, engine height, and bolt mounting pattern/size are all the same). This will get me back on the water so that I can enjoy the rest of the year while taking my time on the Larson resto from my earlier post. Does owning 2 tri hulls get me some kind of platinum membership in the 3V club??:lol:

TheMechanic

Cadet

This is my new baby and 1st boat project. Not sure of much besides 15ft bayliner. I would love to know more. Also red fury I'd like to get some stickers.

glnbnz

Chief Petty Officer

WOW :eek: is that a 200 HP Merc on the back of your boat :)

TheMechanic

Cadet

send your info to me in a PM
Sorry still learning the site not sure where that button is. I saw your email ill email you now. Thanks

Figured it out I was using mobile and needed to be on full site to use pm feature sent u a pm!,!!

Last edited:

Aron

Cadet

I know somewhere on here i heard someone say something about a trihull club. does such an animal exist?

if not, then it should.

what do we have to do and is any one interested?

Can I join I have a 160tr marquis 120i/o
And a 17ft cacci craft 140 I/o both great boats!! How do I post pics?