Tri-Hull Club...Yes? No? Maybe?

Tri-Hull Club...Yes? No? Maybe?

• Total voters

General0

Cadet
Re: Tri-Hull Club...Yes? No? Maybe?

Count me in too!! I have a 1976 15.5 ft. Allsport Runabout that I have never really had the time to finish the restore due to my ARMY obligations. It's been sitting under a cover in my garage since about 80 percent finished. I have all the wood and fiberglassing done but never really got her all back together.

Seeing this has gotten my heart back into the job to get her finished and maybe I can get it out for one or two trips before the summer is over. I've got to head back over seas in the near future so hopefully I can have her completed by then!

Anyway here is my pic's of the never ending project.

http://s125.photobucket.com/albums/p69/clifftonlh/My Boat/

Attachments

• boat picture.jpg
    boat picture.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 1

jcsercsa

Captain

Count me in too!! I have a 1976 15.5 ft. Allsport Runabout that I have never really had the time to finish the restore due to my ARMY obligations. It's been sitting under a cover in my garage since about 80 percent finished. I have all the wood and fiberglassing done but never really got her all back together.

Seeing this has gotten my heart back into the job to get her finished and maybe I can get it out for one or two trips before the summer is over. I've got to head back over seas in the near future so hopefully I can have her completed by then!

Anyway here is my pic's of the never ending project.

http://s125.photobucket.com/albums/p69/clifftonlh/My Boat/

Cool there General0 you should get her back together and take her out !! she looks likw a brand new hull on the out side !! get her tigether and go out and enjoy your self before you have to go back over there, so you will have some great rimes back here !! and thanks for what your doing for all of us !! John

jcsercsa

Captain

whiteghost06 can i get you to do us all a favor ?? can you go edit you photos to 640x480 !! thanks John

sid556

Recruit

that is one swet boat...ive never seen one before. i love the high rails!

hope you start a thread during your restore. would love to see more of that boat.

Will do. Don't know if it'll be a full-blown resto, more of a refubish. Or resto-mod.

I too dig the high rails. Form AND function (keep the kids in haha).

18ft3hull

Seaman

trailered the trailer...i love it!

it was trailored to me because he was taking home the 64 ford f100 i traded for it but he said it sure got some looks the 90 plus miles he traveled to bring her to me

Beeched

Petty Officer 2nd Class

"Bump"

Just thought I would keep this active.

Attachments

• Charger Boat 13 A.jpg
    Charger Boat 13 A.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 0

78ImperialT

Petty Officer 1st Class

well...every since i saw the fugly duckling on here, i want one. i dont know what it is about that crosby but i like it.

ive been scouring the local classifieds and looking in fields as i drive down the road.

look out guys...im gonna find something soon :D

TribalTriHull

Recruit

Imagine that boat lime green with some sweet lines from front to rear...black maybe.

sweet boat dude!!!

woosterken

Lieutenant

I guess we are a small elite group :)
that likes to be different.

woosterken

GilliganGirl

Cadet

Yep Your In !!lol nice Ride !! what year is she ?? John

1977 w/ a matching 77 - 70hp Johnson. Poor thing was left sitting outside for nearly three years ... it was home to several woodland creatures before I bought it.

I'll have to get some updated photos. I compounded and waxed her. She actually shines a wee bit. I've installed a boardline antique 1961 10hp Johnson Kicker as well as two downriggers. Scrubbed the top and it almost looks brand new!

It's a cool little boat, but I'm looking into getting one of those "trucker" seats ... ya know the ones with the shocks in the seats. I think I swallowed a filling last ride out.

tallcanadian

Captain

yes, these tri hulls can be a bit rough. lol on the fillings.

woosterken

Lieutenant

just a bump :)
I have a question,is my 17'3" MFG the only one?
every body seems to come up with a 15' or 16'
I have no way of finding out how many were made in '74

woosterken

woosterken

Lieutenant

yes I know about that,but I would like to find numbers of how many models of each were produced in a given year
like you can with cars.
when I used to drive semi,I hauled out of the MFG plant in ashtabula,they told me thay didn't have any records for the boats.
and they would not confirm or denie if all the molds out back of the plant were of the boats.

woosterken

78ImperialT

Petty Officer 1st Class

well...i sold the trihull.

hmmm. i guess this means i need to buy another one if i want to stay in the trihull club.

thrillhouse700

Senior Chief Petty Officer

we should get a tri-hull club sticker and maybe some of those leather motorcycle vests!!!! Ok the vests might be too much, sticker would be sweet tho.

redfury

Commander

Give me some ideas and I'll see if I can whip one up on photoshop.;)

woosterken

Lieutenant

Red,
how about this I found it on the web some where.

MFGpencildrawing.jpg

woosterken