Tri-Hull Club...Yes? No? Maybe?

Tri-Hull Club...Yes? No? Maybe?

• Total voters

sid556

Recruit
Re: Tri-Hull Club...Yes? No? Maybe?

New guy with first real boat. 1968 West Wind something-or-other 17 footer. It's a bit of a project, but for a buck-fifty for the boat and tilt trailer I couldn't turn it down. Picked up a 1979 Merc 70 Thunderbolt to hang off of it and gonna repaint and slightly "modernize" it.

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd289/sidbass/boat.jpg
boat.jpg

78ImperialT

Petty Officer 1st Class

New guy with first real boat. 1968 West Wind something-or-other 17 footer. It's a bit of a project, but for a buck-fifty for the boat and tilt trailer I couldn't turn it down. Picked up a 1979 Merc 70 Thunderbolt to hang off of it and gonna repaint and slightly "modernize" it.

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd289/sidbass/boat.jpg
boat.jpg

that is one swet boat...ive never seen one before. i love the high rails!

hope you start a thread during your restore. would love to see more of that boat.

Nivekt

Chief Petty Officer

Very nice. Here is my 1979 Cobalt 18TH

downsized_0509091335.jpg

whiteghost06

Cadet

Hey guys i just got this boat from my brother in law and was told it was a 65 Crosby, but i can find one that looks like this on any of the sites that i seen around here im just trying to figure out what model is it and what is suppose to look like im trying to restore it. and if the boat would have a id tag somewere were would it be ok now with the pics .I was told by another member to post this in here that you guys would enjoy it

DSC02775.jpg

DSC02774.jpg

DSC02780.jpg

DSC02781.jpg

DSC02779.jpg

DSC02778.jpg

singinout

Petty Officer 1st Class

Interesting hull shape, whiteghost. Don't believe I've seen any quite like that before on here. Then again, I neva seen any quite like mine either!! :D

78ImperialT

Petty Officer 1st Class

i told you they would like it :D :p

this is one crazy looking tri hull

i have got to do some research on this thing...intriguing to say the least.

i think im addicted :D

nitsuj

Chief Petty Officer

Wow! I want to play too! jcsercsa, your Glastron is awesome! I have the exact same boat, it's just been sitting for a few years. You may have inspired me to drag mine out of the field and put some work in to it. That thing looks great!

So anyhow, I have the Glastron, but no pics of it. But I picked up a 67 Johnson Surfer today. So I have 2 tri's. Technically I think they called it a "Sea-Foil" but it's pretty tri-hull looking to me.
IMG_1448.jpg

IMG_1451.jpg

jcsercsa

Captain

;2297429 said:
Wow! I want to play too! jcsercsa, your Glastron is awesome! I have the exact same boat, it's just been sitting for a few years. You may have inspired me to drag mine out of the field and put some work in to it. That thing looks great!

So anyhow, I have the Glastron, but no pics of it. But I picked up a 67 Johnson Surfer today. So I have 2 tri's. Technically I think they called it a "Sea-Foil" but it's pretty tri-hull looking to me.
IMG_1448.jpg

IMG_1451.jpg

VERY COOL there nitsuj would love to see pics of the tron !!! Would love to see yea get going on her !!

Nice find on the surfer !! she looks in petty good shape !! Hows the stringers and transom ?? JOHN

jcsercsa

Captain

Hey guys i just got this boat from my brother in law and was told it was a 65 Crosby, but i can find one that looks like this on any of the sites that i seen around here im just trying to figure out what model is it and what is suppose to look like im trying to restore it. and if the boat would have a id tag somewere were would it be ok now with the pics .I was told by another member to post this in here that you guys would enjoy it

DSC02775.jpg

DSC02774.jpg

DSC02780.jpg

DSC02781.jpg

DSC02779.jpg

DSC02778.jpg

Man there whiteghost06 thats really a ture tri-hull !! you hot some work to do on her !! start a thread when you do , she would be cool when she is finished !! John

singinout

Petty Officer 1st Class

Mmm....yeah! Gotta love tri-hulls! There really are some good lookin' ones on here! Keep 'em comin' guyz!!!

nitsuj

Chief Petty Officer

VERY COOL there nitsuj would love to see pics of the tron !!! Would love to see yea get going on her !!

Nice find on the surfer !! she looks in petty good shape !! Hows the stringers and transom ?? JOHN

I'll try to find some pics of my old Glastron. I don't have any on the PC, but I may have a few I can scan. Mine has a Johnson 115 outboard on it. One too many parts finally went bad that made it not worth fixing up to me. The reverse solenoid went, so I just ran it without reverse for a season. Then the ignition box went, too hard to find and too expensive.

The Surfer was a great find. It's in remarkable condition. I got it from a friend of the family who has had it since new. He is very careful with his stuff. It's been used, but carefully. Always stored in doors, never been out in a winter, never left uncovered. It's all original and everything works. I'm no expert, but the transom seem good. Haven't tried to check the stringers. Floor is solid. I'm pretty excited to take it out on the water. Probably give it a shake down run next week. You can see the rest of the pics here...(if you're interested)

http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/ee285/nitsujcbr/good ship lollypop/

jcsercsa

Captain

I'll try to find some pics of my old Glastron. I don't have any on the PC, but I may have a few I can scan. Mine has a Johnson 115 outboard on it. One too many parts finally went bad that made it not worth fixing up to me. The reverse solenoid went, so I just ran it without reverse for a season. Then the ignition box went, too hard to find and too expensive.

The Surfer was a great find. It's in remarkable condition. I got it from a friend of the family who has had it since new. He is very careful with his stuff. It's been used, but carefully. Always stored in doors, never been out in a winter, never left uncovered. It's all original and everything works. I'm no expert, but the transom seem good. Haven't tried to check the stringers. Floor is solid. I'm pretty excited to take it out on the water. Probably give it a shake down run next week. You can see the rest of the pics here...(if you're interested)

http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/ee285/nitsujcbr/good ship lollypop/

A good place to check the transom is the tow bolts . pull then and check the wood , taks a ice pick in there and poke the wood , the stringer are kind of hard to get to . sounds like you got a giood find !! John

78ImperialT

Petty Officer 1st Class

This looks like the place to be.

1976 AFC Charger Deck Boat, Tri Hull, Center Console, 1981 Merc 90 hp power tower, major restoration completed in spring 2009. Working on interior now in between trips to the lake. Runs out about 38 (GPS) and about 33 (GPS) with the top up.

Link to site with rebuild pictures.

http://s442.photobucket.com/albums/qq141/1_Richard/

thats an interesting boat...neat lines

ive never seen one of those.

thrillhouse700

Senior Chief Petty Officer

thats an interesting boat...neat lines

ive never seen one of those.

I haven't seen one of those either. It looks like a tri-hull pontoon boat. I really like it, would be a perfect party boat!

18ft3hull

Seaman

i am in as well mine is a 18' 1972 columbian with a 1975 merc 150 and a 1968 shorelander trailer and as soon as money permits the resto will begin

DSCF0172small.jpg

78ImperialT

Petty Officer 1st Class

trailered the trailer...i love it!

Beeched

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Attachments

• Charger Boat 13 A.jpg
    Charger Boat 13 A.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 1

redfury

Commander

It almost looks like that boat swallowed another boat WG! Inverted cap, and pockets in the gunnels...someone flipped the mold inside out for the cap when they made it! :D

Honestly, it's fugly as all hell, but it's so darn odd and big enough to warrant fixing it up...I love weird *** stuff like that! I'd rebuild her in a heartbeat and call her mine! ;)