Transom replacement-Turned Complete Boat Rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant
Re: Transom replacement-Turned Complete Boat Rebuild

Hey Vegas, all the trim on the boat was originally teak i'm keeping that the same. there is a step down to the cabin and the capt and co seats are higher than the deck and the cabin level. Under foot at the stations there was teak, I am putting that back whe way it was gives room for coolers too.

I am debating the hatches, the hatch's were open slat PO used 5/4x6 pt
The fuel than hatch I am making that a sealed hatch being its pretty tight and waterproof probably laminating it with a teak veneer. the bilge hatch am keeping an open slat for dranage off the deck. that one I'll do in all teak

thrillhouse700

Senior Chief Petty Officer

You can buy hatch doors at cabelas. That's what we are going to do. They sell some white waterproofish ones for 80-120 bux. I guess youd have to see if the sizes would fit your opening.

Rickairmedic

Commander

Bill howd things turn out yesterday did they ever find someone who could read LOL. I hope so so you can get back on your boat .

Rick

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

Hey Vegas, all the trim on the boat was originally teak i'm keeping that the same. there is a step down to the cabin and the capt and co seats are higher than the deck and the cabin level. Under foot at the stations there was teak, I am putting that back whe way it was gives room for coolers too.

I am debating the hatches, the hatch's were open slat PO used 5/4x6 pt
The fuel than hatch I am making that a sealed hatch being its pretty tight and waterproof probably laminating it with a teak veneer. the bilge hatch am keeping an open slat for dranage off the deck. that one I'll do in all teak

Hi Bill
COOL thanks fo rthe info on your teak...(where it's going)

for the hatches...since you have a ton of glasscloth laying around, might be cool to see ya manufacture some of your own...maybye make a mold... since you have 2 that should be pretty much the same hatch...they sell mold release and stuff...
either way Im sure it will be A+++ work if you're doing it!:D

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Thrill - Thanks I will check them out, it would save me lots of time

Vegas - Manufacture my own, Hummmmmm thats a thought Billy Bobs hatch manufacturing lol. Yea but then the hatch inspectors would come and I'd propably have to get their approval to open a gan of resin LOL

Rick- The saga continues, the gas company called me 7:30 am yesterday and apologized sent a 30 yr vet over who loved it, I spent an hour giving instruction on how the system worked. He turned the gas back on.

Fire dept showed up for a follow up, loves the system loves the work, gave their seal of appoval couldn't believe how 2 boilers that only hold 5 gal of water heats an entire appartment building, I wind up teaching class again. LOL

Boiler division, NEVER SHOWED UP, I waited till 7pm :mad:
so I had to shut it all back down, cause it can't run till I get their final. This has killed my whole week.
BTW here are some picks of my Albatross
Note: pipes will be insulated after this mess gets cleared up

Boilers & Pump station
IMG00121.jpg
IMG00123.jpg

BMS Controls
IMG00117.jpg

83vert

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey Bill who does your electrical work?

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Hey Vert, Its ok if you don't think it's up to par.
To answer your question I do most of it myself. The control LV I don't let anyone touch the terminations but myself I like a nice wire ladder in my panels, makes troubleshooting easier insted of having a rats nest like I see on alot of jobs

83vert

Petty Officer 1st Class

I was just curious if you do it yourself or if you sub it out? It looks fine from the pics, maybe a level and strap on that piece of 3/4 emt. Im just messing with ya. LOL :D

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

Wow, you da man...sweet set-up! (boilers) since they run on on ly 5 gals of water we'll now dub em' PRESSURE COOKERS! lol

Nice to see an inventive person doing great work.... PAT ON YOUR BACK...Pat Pat...real cool setup.....

ok another Dumb idea, convert your boat motor to steam......would be the only steamer for 5000 miles I bet!

Bill , here's a thread jack...........:)
can you invent something that would shut my renter neighbors dog up....it barks for 20 minutes if you make a peep next door outside or if some kids walks by 30 yards away on the street....they never tell it to shut up and it is outside 24 hours.....they just moved in a week ago an already it starting to get annoying.....grrrrr

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

I was just curious if you do it yourself or if you sub it out? It looks fine from the pics, maybe a level and strap on that piece of 3/4 emt. Im just messing with ya. LOL :D

Please, I hear you there I was actually pissed when I saw that. Im still looking for an easy way to plumb that up without having to do anything major.
P.S. its 1" not 3/4 LOL

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Wow, you da man...sweet set-up! (boilers) since they run on on ly 5 gals of water we'll now dub em' PRESSURE COOKERS! lol

Nice to see an inventive person doing great work.... PAT ON YOUR BACK...Pat Pat...real cool setup.....

ok another Dumb idea, convert your boat motor to steam......would be the only steamer for 5000 miles I bet!

Bill , here's a thread jack...........:)
can you invent something that would shut my renter neighbors dog up....it barks for 20 minutes if you make a peep next door outside or if some kids walks by 30 yards away on the street....they never tell it to shut up and it is outside 24 hours.....they just moved in a week ago an already it starting to get annoying.....grrrrr

Thanks Vegas its really not my best though
Convert my boat to steam, Hummm how about a solar collector and a sterling engine?
The ultimate solar advertisement

I have the perfect solution to the dog, its called a 22 :eek: ( Just kidding folks, please don't be call all the activist groups on me )

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

Thanks Vegas its really not my best though
Convert my boat to steam, Hummm how about a solar collector and a sterling engine?
The ultimate solar advertisement

I have the perfect solution to the dog, its called a 22 :eek: ( Just kidding folks, please don't be call all the activist groups on me )

Hmm...well now I'm seriously torn as to whether to use the .22 LR or the 8mm Mauser....and then there's the .380 six shooter...Decisions Decisions...........hmmmmmm also just kidding for you PETA types

vegas%20(2).jpg

vegas%20(3).jpg

Yes the .380 is loaded...always is........kept in a gun safe but nonetheless...manstopper wadcutters lol

that Mauser sure packs a punch...the recoil is OUCH harsh...no rubber on the stock...bolt action....big cartridge...$45 bux at Big 5 we restored it...it was nasty! 1945 gun

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

Boy couldnt help myself,, these babys are way too pretty..check out these hotties...look at them gams!.....DROOOOOL :p

image.php

Rickairmedic

Commander

Bill the boiler setup looks great hopefully the inspectors will quit goofing around and get it on.

Vegas dont tell all the People Eating Tasty Animals folks I told you this but if you manage to get their gate unlocked and get the dog outside without a Collar on then the animal shelter would have to pick him up . :D

Rick

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

I think a 8mm, 50 cal barrett or an AS50 would be a little much :D
I once shot a woodchuck with the 45-70, there was nothing left, Oops

I shot my 1st 8mm german mauser when I was 10, thought my sholder was gonna break. I have one my uncle took of a german and brought back, complete with bayonet :D

Hey Rick, I'm still here waiting :mad: I turned it back on this morning to give them a little, under the guidelines of "testing" the system.
This is totaly insane I have wasted 4 days here

Str8OutTha9c

Seaman Apprentice

I really like 1708 Biax.
I used it on almost everything on my skiff.
Lays out best, and stronger than the woven roving.
I used woven roving on my transom, and then mat.
Midway through my build I discovered 1708.
It made the rest of the project so much easier, and cleaner looking.
And I'm sure it's also so much stronger.

system-f

Senior Chief Petty Officer

My friend had the barrett semi auto 50 cal and we use to shot it all the time. The was such and awesome gun.

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Str8OutTha9c - I used tons of it too, when making bends you just have to make sure your bending with the grain and not against it.

system-f- I shot a few Barrett 50 cal in my time, very nice long range anything that has over 3000 ft lbs of energy at 1000 yards has got my vote.

Gota tell you though my favorite is my little .22 Anschutz target rifle with redfield peeps. It was my dads competition rifle back in 63, nice relaxing one shot at a time just plinkin at paper and passing time.

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Hey Vegas, nice wepons but the images were huge, gonna get me in trouble with the powers that be :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.