Transom replacement-Turned Complete Boat Rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant
Re: Transom replacement-Turned Complete Boat Rebuild

Hey Kenny, Yep She is my little spitfire :) Just got back home from getting her and my 7yo son Liam new bikes They terrorized Wally world LOL. I took his training wheels off yesterday and felt bad watching him ride it when it was 3 sizes to small :eek:.

Hey Bob, Grand kids, yea my daughter keeps threatening me with them, I tell her I'm to young ;). My kids actually go from 25 down to 4. If you want to count my step-kids from my 2nd marriage then its 37 down to 4 and I'm a step-granddad twice over :eek::)

Well spent the day with the DA and long board sanders, didn't get finished so its back at it tomorrow. I have some boilers and gas piping that I have to install, so unless a miracle happens it don't look like it will get primed this week.

Oh well there is always next week

tinkeringwackyone

Chief Petty Officer

looking good HVAC, keep plugging away and you'l make it. Looks like a great helper you got there.:)

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Hey tinkeringwackyone - Thanks, yea she is a better helper than my son :eek: and at like 3'0" a tough little cookie to boot:D On another note, what are you ok with for short, "tinkering" , "Wackyone" I know , I know just as long as its not late for dinner lol Im the same lol.

OK now for the updates, well I got my ranting and raving out of my system in the Hijack Zone, so here is what I have gotten done:
100_9472.jpg

100_9474.jpg

2 days of DA and long board sanding, fairing, blending etc... I am still not happy. So, I ask my wifes opinion on the rebuilt areas, she tells me its fine, no one will notice little things Bla Bla Bla......... "JUST MAKE SURE THERE ARE 6 ROD HOLDERS JUST FOR MY MOM, SHE FISHES WITH 6 POLES :eek::D"" My thought Man O Man y can't you take after your mom :) So with that said, the hull is straight, transom is solid, boat is structurally sound. Tomorrow I am going to quickly hit the faired areas with the sander, prep-sol it and prime. After its primed I will make sure there are no real bad areas. I am using petite 4700 2 part epoxy primer so maybe it will hide the sins lol If not call her a working boat, BUT hopefully tomorrow night I will post pics of primer :)

BobsGlasstream

Commander

HVAC Cruiser,
That sounds like a pretty long list to get done.
I hope you actually get it done.
Sounds and looks like it's coming along well.
Keep the pic's coming.
Bob

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

HVAC Cruiser,
That sounds like a pretty long list to get done.
I hope you actually get it done.
Sounds and looks like it's coming along well.
Keep the pic's coming.
Bob

Hey Bob,
Yea. I'll get her primed tomorrow unless Murphy shows up (last I heard he was at your place)

Hey, I have to apologise, I didn't get a chance today to measure the engine mount centers. I PROMISE I will do it tomorrow and get the measurements to you. Well time for the kids to go to bed, I'll post more later

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

Spitfire Caity....sounds like a good boat name to me ;) and she'd luv it I'm sure.

And as Andy would say...OK, now lets get some work done...LOL

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Spitfire Caity....sounds like a good boat name to me ;) and she'd luv it I'm sure.

And as Andy would say...OK, now lets get some work done...LOL

Hey Kenny,
"Spitfire Caity" Hummmm I like that, think my other ol girl would mind if I renamed her from The Sea Gem II to Spitfire Caity :) I can't name this one since it was my wifeys dads, but the sea gem is all mine :D

OUCH, Major delay in post, just missed the end table with a hot cup of coffee, (I drink it black) :eek: it caught the edge and split all over my elbow :eek::( Man that hurt!!!

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

I don't think Sea Gem II would mind at all, but what would be cool in my minds eye, is if wifey's dad had a 'fitting' name so a possible 'Caity Joe', 'Frankly Caity'
or something along those lines....just brain surfing lol

Spilt hot coffee...do I smell a law-suit :p

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

I don't think Sea Gem II would mind at all, but what would be cool in my minds eye, is if wifey's dad had a 'fitting' name so a possible 'Caity Joe', 'Frankly Caity'
or something along those lines....just brain surfing lol

Her dads name was John, I don't think the names would flow. Some plays on the name could have less a than desirable message such as 'Caitys John' :eek: LOL I really liked 'Spitfire Caity' I'll have to talk to wifey about it, but she might accuse me of playing favorites again, Rut Ro . Maybe I would have to buy more boats so I can name each one after each child Humm 5 kids, 5 boats ;)

Spilt hot coffee...do I smell a law-suit :p

Yea, I'll sue myself for stupidity LOL

OK, well its priming day :) ,I won't be starting till after 9am I promised Liam he could ride his bike to school, so daddy will be pedaling with him. I then have to get my work done in time to pedal back to get him at 3pm :)

I am actually going to prime the deck, splashwell, and transom with Petite 4700 2 part epoxy. I am wondering if I should prime below deck too or just hit that with the Bilge Kote I have?

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

After biking to school with my son I looked at the boat and decided I couldn't after all this work leave it half way with the fairing and blending, so I went back to filling and sanding.

I am sorry to say working on the boat came to a screeching halt yesterday.
My families world took a big hit, bad news came in. My wife Colleens uncle at 88yo after getting out of the hosp from having surgery with colon cancer, comes home to find his home had flooded, then told he had to sell his pigeons and move decided he didn't want to go on anymore and ended it.

Last night was real rough for Colleen and I feel it is going to get worse as the reality sets in. I am putting the boat aside for a bit so I can be there to help her get through this.

Regards,
Bill

erikgreen

Captain

Yikes.

May better times find you soon, and your wife.

Erik

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

Condolences sent Bill...your a good man!

tallcanadian

Captain

My regards. That's so sad. Too live that long and come through a big operation like that. Wow.

BobsGlasstream

Commander

HVAC Cruiser,
You have my deepest condolences.
Bob

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Thanks to everyone for your wishes and support. Everyone is still sleeping so I figured I would sneak on here for a bit.

Colleen still has barely eaten since we got the news, her stomic is still in knots. The M.E. hasn't released him yet so we don't know when the funeral or wake will be.

Today is my parents 60th anniversary party so I am hoping it takes her mind off it for at least a little while.

SnowHunter

Petty Officer 1st Class

HVAC

I'm so sorry to hear of this news. My prayers and condolences are with you and your family. :(

Nic

bigredinohio

Chief Petty Officer

My deepest sympathies to you and your family.

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

My deepest sympathies to you and your family.

Thank you BigRed

Its been a rough bunch of days for my wife.
Today was the Funeral , we went to the wake yesterday it was a tough one. This morning she decided not to go to the funeral she felt she payed her respects and I was not about to push her.
Her cousin came over with her twins this afternoon and they went to pick out outfits for their 1st birthday which cheered her up some.
and as the saying goes, when the cats away :D here is what I did when she went out

100_9558.jpg

100_9560.jpg

100_9557.jpg

I got the deck and the back of the boat primed Yippee :D
Tomorrow I will give her another coat, although it looks like I am going to be buying more just priming the repairs took 1/2 gal. :eek:

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Glad to see you got some time on the boat. I'm sure it got your mind off everything too.
Looks good.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.