Time to get started on the starcraft resto.

SigSaurP229

Commander
Copy1 - Time to get started on the starcraft resto.

I sincerely appreciate the help of the IBOATS Admin, in recovering the Silver Lining thread but I noticed today that the dates aren't updating anymore we all know and love the story of the boat coming back to life.

We all also know that I bought a Yamaha 115 for dirt cheap, and that I have the JohnnyRude on the boat presently well. I need to get started on my using it check list unfortunately with the recent turn of events she probably isn't going to make a splash this year.

All the electrical has been reassembled after the reconstruction of the dashes.

I have mounted new fenders on the trailer (actually swapped the fenders from the old trailer to the new one I liked the high step fenders I burned up two grinders and 15 grinder disc in the process)

I have remaining at the moment.

Make and install gauge panel.
Make and install rear seating.
aluminum trim out.
install new seats
boat lighting is installed and finished.
Install depth finder and speedo tube.
Re do front bow support board in oak.
Re do rear glove box compartment in Oak.
Find and purchase a new teak ski locker door.
Paint the black further down.
Look for nicer decals to finish her out.
Remove front bow vinyl and paint white (the adhesive didn't hold).
Replace the radio antenna.

I sold the Johnson 115 today, I took a measly $850 for it, I sold it to a local shop for about $300 than I could have gotten on Craigslist but Honestly I didn't feel like dealing with Craigslist buyers.

I was pretty much ready to test dip her tomorrow, however I still just don't want to rush it. Its been about a year and a half since I started but when I am done I really just want to drop it in the water, and not have to do anything but standard maintenance for years, and I know that I want as much muscle as I can possibly put on her. If I want to save on gas I will buy a Prius but my boat is for fun and what the hey 15 gph or 11.5 gph.

I got this yesterday $400.00 on a rotten glasser, and trailer.

Motor has 100 PSI dead even on all 6. No Spark on all 6 even with the safety lanyard installed I honestly still don't believe there to be an ignition system problem so much as a previous owner hack job on the wiring. Considering I also resold the rotten glasser and trailer today for $200.00 Even if I have to put a new Stator and CDI on it, I will be in this motor for $550.00

Hopefully when its all said and done the Silver Lining will be all go and a little bit of show.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
400 clams is a good deal, Sig. Lets see if the last post time up dates.

GA_Boater

400 clams is a good deal, Sig. Lets see if the last post time up dates.

GA_Boater

I'm trying something, Sig. The last post date is the one I made after the restore.

GA_Boater

I'm trying something, Sig. The last post date is the one I made after the restore.

GA_Boater

I deleted the post from 6/24, added some new posts, no good. I'm going to try one more thing, Sig. Bear with me for a little bit.

GA_Boater

I deleted the post from 6/24, added some new posts, no good. I'm going to try one more thing, Sig. Bear with me for a little bit.

GA_Boater

About two weeks now, Sig. Look at the Copy -Time to get started thread and make a post. I think I got it.