The R?surrection of the SeaGem

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral
Re: The R?surrection of the SeaGem

I smoke enough for all of you guys! lol

Hey Huron..dont you know those things will stunt your growth?
;)

sprintst

Commander

Keep your chin up dude. You can't hold a guy with mitts like that down for long. :)

PS Good on your for laying off the cancer sticks.

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Thanks for all your words of encouragement it means a lot :). I hate to say it but I fell off the non-smoker wagon 2 days ago, I can give you 3 pages of excuses but bottom line, I was weak. I made Monday as my date to try again.

Mitts again LOL, you know my wife even complains about how heavy my hands are :eek: I am forever hearing "You don't Realize" & "how much do you think they weigh?" :eek:;). Last week I even heard from her "You remember shattering your sons boy scout rocket racer with your thumb WELL......... " Guess 40 years of turning wrenches takes its toll LOL

But no, on a serious note; one of the mechanical companies I used to do some engineering and sold solar collectors to I have known the owner for years, called me this week They want to open up a solar/mechanical division. I told them you have the customers, I have the knowledge lets run with it :). We have meetings next week. It might mean me being absorbed but you know what so be it f the family is taken care of.

say an extra prayer for me guys, please

proshadetree

Lieutenant Commander

Big deal you work for someone else. Its work. i shut my shop down and went to work for an equipment company. The good times are not as good but then again the bad times are not that bad. At least their is someone on up the ladder to make the hard decisions. My life is less stressful and I am happier. Old buddy I will lift you up every time I pray. Let him who has control drive we sometimes get in the way of his plans but that's what we as humans do. Hang in there and have faith, You seem like a good dude and will land on your feet running

sprintst

Commander

Things are looking up. Smoke until the meetings are over so you have a clear noodle then take another crack at it.

Huron Angler

Admiral

Sounds good HVAC hope the solar stuff works out...funny I almost asked you if you were still thinking about the alt energy route last time I posted here:)

I remember a while back when you told me your family had some experience with solar panels. Good luck to ya!

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

Hey Bill, I don't know motors or solar energy, but I'm still here lurking along with ya...hope things shift gears fast & smooth very soon!

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

Hey Paul I would start with timing and carb adjustment and go from there

Thanks Bill, you are dead on!

not to hijack but....

exactly! I did that tonight earlier..now Im chowing down on Mirandas famous 7 hour pork roast...MMMMMMMM!! the timing was a bit off, the original spec sheet with the boat says of all things, 12degrees! (odd I thought chebbies were 6 or 8) it was at about 15degrees..starts and runs good Ill let ya know if she pops or backfires any at speed, if she does might have weak advance springs? or one rusted and broke etc? mebbe...I have been too lazy to replace the spark plug wires and the rotor/cap...call me LAZY!

Hey Bill you could always sell waters on the strip here in Vegas, got guys making $30 an hour or more doing it with no license, under the table etc.... cooler ice and bottle water $1 ea :D lol "dont let de-hydration ruin your vacation" is one of thier sell lines LOL

Hey Bill I hope that SOLAR stuff rocks for ya, I for one am a staunch supporter of solar...its awsome! go for it! wish NY had more sun for ya bro! ;)

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Thanks for all the words of encouragement I'm waiting to see what happens, the funny thing I had started a solar company some years back called Solar Heat I even had my own line of compound parabolic collectors. An associate wanted to bring in venture capitalist money but I was to paranoid over it being a take-over & loosing my company. I should have done it seeing I lost everything anyway :(, at least then I would have walked away with my pockets full.

Vegas - Glad to have helped with the backfire problem, Mercruiser spec on 350 timing is 8deg btdc You didn't change the cap,rotor,wires :eek: . Start the engine at night with it dark and look for leaking / shorting wires

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

OK, I have good news and bad......

The good news I put the engine back together today and dropped her back in the boat :) .

The bad news is I cant remember what shims go behind the accessory's (alt, heat exchanger bracket, and power steering pump brackets) on the port side for pulley alignment :mad: I looked in the Mercruiser manual and is doesn't show those details :(

Anyone have a chevy V8 that can give me a pic or idea would be great

betayv

Senior Chief Petty Officer

hello there look in my resto I have a picture of the engine ready... page 3...

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

trial and error? ehhehehehehehehhehehehe mine dont have a heat exchanger

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

A man of your attention to detail and sharp mind didnt bag & tag?

Oh shimmy shimmy coco coco pop!
shimmy shimmy blame the scotch!

I'm just messing with you bud...I know you'll get it em figgered out

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Hey Beta, Thanks for the pic mine is a little different with the closed cooling, I got up yesterday morning looked at your pic and zoomed it it helped a lot.

Hey Vegas, I finally got it figured, but I have extra parts :eek::D LOL

Very Funny Kev, I think it was the 18 pack of Bud Ice though :p Things looked clearer in the light of day lol

And Now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Click on image to see video

YEA BABY THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT !!!!!!!

PS No tick, knock just the sound of raw power. Although for some reason my camera makes it sound tinny BUT trust me its not. I might do a video from my cell that the sound quality is better :)
SeaGem

83vert

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yeahhhhhhhhh, glad to see you back at it. Sounds good, let me know when your putting the outdrive on so I can get those tools back to you. Now get back to work :eek::D:D:D

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Thanks Kenny, Yea it was music to my ears. I do think I might need a hi-torque starter though. she fired right up on the 1at crank but
I noticed when she gets hot she cranks slowwwwwwww

Hey T.C. I do see the light at the end of the tunnel. But shoot at least I'm not doing a live feed of me drinking beers and not sharing LOL.......

Hey Vert, I was in your neck of the woods this morning,I had busted bakealite on the starter solenoid Saturday and had to get a new one at Advance. I almost gave you a call but it was like 9am :eek: . I want to try to get it aligned this week maybe put the drive back on Sunday. Saturday my son & I have a fishing trip with the boy scouts :D

OK now for some pics, my youngest is already dreaming of better days

IMG00598.jpg

I also gave the SeaGem a quick wash and put the rear seats in Here is a pic I took standaing on the Bow

IMG00600.jpg

I See the Light at the end of the tunnel WoooooooHooooooooooo!!!!!!

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Hey Bill,
Great to hear things are going better. Seeing the light and it not being a train in the tunnel is great.
Keep it rolling.
Bob

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Hey Bob, Well the light at the end of the tunnel wasn't a train :eek:, BUT it was the headlights from Murphy's car He has come to visit once again :( . My alternator has a dead short, it popped the 90A fuse at the starter when I started testing it the output terminal has a dead short Grrrrrr guess throw another $150 at the boat :(
Cell Phone Video, picture is lousy but it has better audio ,and wow does the seawater pump, pump. The hose had a problem keeping up with it.

Click on image to see video