The R?surrection of the SeaGem

sprintst

Commander
Re: The R?surrection of the SeaGem

Congrats on kicking smoking. It's just a state of mind. If you're bullheaded enough you'll fight those things trying to kick your ***. You just need to think I'll be damned if those things are going to get me.

redfury

Commander

When I quit smoking for good, I quit cold turkey. For me though, part of it was that I was never a heavy smoker and the other part of it is that my day generally keeps me busy enough that I had to take a break from it to have a smoke. I drive a lot for my job, and that's where I did the most smoking. A few bags of sunflower seeds and a raw roof of my mouth later, that wasn't a problem for me.

The thing was, I finally had made up my mind that I was done with 'em. Seriously, 100% finished. If I hadn't been, I'd probably be smoking again. Took me about 18 months to not crave them, but every once in a while I feel their smokey dance trying to lure me back. I've been off the cigs for over 6 years and won't go back simply for the cost! :eek: You want to talk about liberating? How about a pay raise? The impact alone of me quitting was financially substantial. Then my wife quit. We've never had so much discretionary spending!

83mulligan

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Congrats Bill, the engine and the cigs. That's good stuff!!!! Quitting anything you are addicted to aint for sissies. Engine looks good. Guy I know is trying to sell me an inline 6 he has in his barn for $175. Says it turns over. PM me, let me know what you think of that and what to look for on it. I don't want to take up your thread here.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

What happens if YOUR ENGINE starts smoking....???

Oh I crack myself up...seriously I do...lol

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

What happens if YOUR ENGINE starts smoking....???

Oh I crack myself up...seriously I do...lol

We still talk here??? I thought we graduated to FaceBook and you only wanted me for my cousin :eek: LOL. ROFLMAO.

If it starts smoking , I start singing :pass the Dutchie to the left hand side:D:eek: Aww shoot did I just say that OMG must be the scotch tonight....

JK folks I just wanted to mess with Kev LOL

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Hey Red, Sprint, Steve

Thanks for all your words of encouragement. I initially was going to post this on the Hijack zone (my other thread) but I figured what the heck LOL.

Hey Steve if it is a Chevy 250, tell him you will give him $100 cash, Your gonna have to rebuild her anyway thats what its worth, be firm and he will go with it (hopefully). If the engine has been sitting for a while which most likely it has, here is a few pointers, the rings are probably frozen, the cam is wrong for marine. you are going to have to spend $300 for cam lifters and springs, another 200 to have the block boiled and honed at the least. then the cost for pistons rings etc.... On a rebuild it will cost $800 in parts. Use that as a barometer.

PM me or hit me in the zombee thread if you need help

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

We still talk here??? I thought we graduated to FaceBook and you only wanted me for my cousin :eek: LOL. ROFLMAO.

If it starts smoking , I start singing :pass the Dutchie to the left hand side:D:eek: Aww shoot did I just say that OMG must be the scotch tonight....

lol....you have a cousin??? Hope she isnt as violent as you! lol;)

sprintst

Commander

Does she have the same size mitts :)

QUOTE=CheapboatKev;2746471]lol....you have a cousin??? Hope she isnt as violent as you! lol;)[/QUOTE]

sprintst

Commander

Having a glass right now :)

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

you guys are nuts!

Hey Bill did ya get the motor back together yet???

ps also what the heck cause backfires? is it unburned (rich) gas in the exhaust or a timing thing...we had our boat backfire a little bit at the top end the other day.....mild backfires not major ones...anyways....rock on! :D

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

ok Bill has been AWOL for a few days so either the Sea Gem is up and running and he's out on the ocean....or??????? Ill call him and pester him guys!!!!!! :D

83vert

Petty Officer 1st Class

Well, its been about 100 degrees around here this week. He is either on service calls or doing programming in his man cave.:D

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Hi Everyone,

Sorry about being MIA, I haven't done anything on the boat in a while. I've been going through my own form of hell lately, the short block is back together but that's about it.

I went upstate to clear my head came back home and have been working like a dog trying to re-invent myself and the business.

The end of last year I lost my biggest customer when they lost their equity partner :(. I had to let go all my workers, my shop etc... I have been going out on calls, programming and basically anything and everything to hold my finances and home together. Heck I even did some car A/C units last week and next week I have an engine rebuild for someone. I'm at the any port in a storm phase right now, suffering from being a small company that put all its eggs in one basket going from over 2m gross annually to 0.

Hey Paul I would start with timing and carb adjustment and go from there.

tallcanadian

Captain

Hi Everyone,

Sorry about being MIA, I haven't done anything on the boat in a while. I've been going through my own form of hell lately, the short block is back together but that's about it.

I went upstate to clear my head came back home and have been working like a dog trying to re-invent myself and the business.

The end of last year I lost my biggest customer when they lost their equity partner :(. I had to let go all my workers, my shop etc... I have been going out on calls, programming and basically anything and everything to hold my finances and home together. Heck I even did some car A/C units last week and next week I have an engine rebuild for someone. I'm at the any port in a storm phase right now, suffering from being a small company that put all its eggs in one basket going from over 2m gross annually to 0.

Hey Paul I would start with timing and carb adjustment and go from there.

Damn HVAC, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope things turn around real quick for you. I'll have a beer for ya this weekend. Actually, I'll have a few for you. It sucks more when it's a nice person that goes through this. I'll be thinking about you.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Bill

I hope the heat wave is making you a few dollars..Sucks to loose the Ostrich egg account..Been there, but with a company behind me..I can only imagine loosing that account if it were my own business..I would have been sunk!

A man of your caliber can hold it together...

Huron Angler

Admiral

Bill you are doing a fine job on the rig and also on the cigs...great motivation for me to quit with ya so for that I thank you;)

Keep up the good work!