The pres kicked butt!!!

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: The pres kicked butt!!!

Getting back to topic, yes he did. He answered some tough questions, all negative I might add.<br /><br />JB, you need to get them reporters for all their negativity they have.<br /><br />Not one positive question did they ask.<br /><br />Everything to the negative side.<br /><br />Guess that's what sells tomorrow's paper.<br />He has resolve and he will reach it.<br /><br />Will be interesting though come June 30th. when they turn over power back to Iraq.<br /><br />I for one am glad to be a USA AMERICAN

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

To any American, TalebanMan is not really promoting what our goals are. And this opinion was plainly portrayed by what the president re-emphysised to be last night.<br />See, this should prove to most people, that no matter what the goals are in the war on Islamic terror, no matter how good the economy gets, and No matter how many lives are saved by any and all action, there will be those amoung us who wish desperately for Sadamn's repubilican gaurd reminants, with the assistence of Alqueda,Hamas and other actrive terrorist cells to be victorious.<br />I thank God, the majority of the world are sane, and are comitted to wiping-out threats even elsewhere around the world. <br />Another thing is apparant.The GLOBAL comittment is still as strong, or stronger, even when the Teleman amoung us protest to thier respective "representative" free governments.<br />Many nations now have hostages taken from thier work forces of democracy...Not one has yet backed-down from thier resolve to end this thing with victory, instead of capititulation. God bless Pre Bush, his allies, and thier respective adminitrations, and onward to victory.

Roger Rose

Cadet

Well said 12 Footer. I thought the President did a great job last night answering all the questions and explaining his feelings. To those who want the troops to withdrawl would be a great victory for the terrorists. Just ask a soldier when they come back what they think, if it's worth being over there or not. The ones I have talked to agree with the president. They see the way things have changed for these people.I joined the military under LBJ ( must have had a death wish ) but I supported him, He was my Commander and Chief just like Nixon was who I also supported. It's time to unite and stand behind the President and troops. If you don't like him in November so be it, but back him now!

bobingardner

Petty Officer 3rd Class

What does it mean to support the president and the troops? Is it enough to simply keep my opinions to myself or should I say I agree with everything the president does in regards to the war? Is it OK to question any of his decisions? Can I support the troops without supporting the president?<br /><br />I thought the president's speech last night was just more of the nose thumbing, intransigent rhetoric that he's become famous for.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Good job GW. Now lets get this job done. Lets do it right. Lets do it quick.<br /><br />How about that press corps. What a bunch of paritsan hacks. I wouldn't answer any of their questions.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

to me, GW is not a very good public speaker. his<br />pop was much better and Ronnie was way, way better.<br />with that said, actions speak louder than words.<br />he is a man of action and as he said; "I say what<br />I mean". maybe not as slick as some, but I prefer<br />action over words anyday!

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

Well, I have 4 boys. That's right 4. I have one that will be 18 this year and the second will be 16. The other two are 9 and 11 goin on 10 and 12. We talk about the military all the time. I got yanked from goin myself because of medical problems. But let me tell you, I wanted to be in and apart of the special forces. My goal was to be a government assasin.<br /><br />My oldest will probably not be able to go in because of medical issues. My second oldest however is healthy and active in sports. He will most likely join, it's just a toss up of what branch. He is really looking hard at the Navy Seals.<br /><br />There is one thing I teach my boys though. These religous nuts are not to get any hesitation. Shoot them on sight. These extremist only want to die while killing others. They do not deserve ANY humanity.<br /><br />We feel that sometimes the only language another person will understand, is a smack upside the head with a large blunt object. So fighting is not a question of if, but rather when.<br /><br />It is really sick that we live amongst those who will just roll over and take it. They don't care how many more will be killed as well. It's like they think the enemy will pass them over or something. What goes around comes around. I personally think we as citizens should start making vacation hunting trips to the middle east and bag a few extremist.

oddjob

Commander

It is really sick that we live amongst those who will just roll over and take it. They don't care how many more will be killed as well. It's like they think the enemy will pass them over or something.
Sam, It might be a good stradegy for the enenmy to pass them over....and force our homeland (unregistered) militia to use its own resources to clear the battlefield of this pathetic contraban ;) . If ya know what I mean... :)

gaugeguy

Captain

Right or wrong, you have to admire a man that says "we are going to do this" and he stays on coarse and keeps his word.

Fly Rod

Commander

:) I think the president won a few points last night!!<br /><br />His approval rating has dropped to 40% if it goes much lower he could be in trouble when it comes to re-election!!!<br /><br />Lets hope he gained a point or two today!!!!<br /><br />Our biggest threat today to America is the Liberal!!!<br /><br />Remember Nikita Kruschev standing at the podium!!!<br />He took his shoe off and started banging it on the podium and his words were:<br />"America will be beaten and you won't have to fire a shot!!!!"<br /><br />If left up to the liberals that may become true!!!

Carphunter

Commander

Again, Bush proves to me why I am glad he is our President.<br /><br />........Telmanmn, your entitled to your opinion, as am I,........and my opinion is you should pack up and move somewhere where you are treated much better. There are many better places to live..........right?<br /><br />So much hate,..............lighten up man.<br /><br />(JB, I also edited out some forbidden insults from this post) ;) <br /><br />I think i'll vote four times for Bush now. :eek:

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by Carphunter:<br />I think i'll vote four times for Bush now. :eek:
Don't know about voting 4 times, but I have a whole bunch of family that is along with me.<br /><br />But if I could I would in a heart beat.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by bobingardner:<br />What does it mean to support the president and the troops? Is it enough to simply keep my opinions to myself or should I say I agree with everything the president does in regards to the war? Is it OK to question any of his decisions? Can I support the troops without supporting the president?<br /><br />I thought the president's speech last night was just more of the nose thumbing, intransigent rhetoric that he's become famous for.
Nope you DONT have to support the president, and you are able to question his decisions. That is the American way!<br /><br />However, it is amazing that you could call GW Bush's answers rhetoric or nose thumbing. This guys clearly speaks from the heart. And his actions prove that.<br /><br />And someone else said he isnt a good public speaker. You are right. We are so used to being BSed and given same stupid pat answers that sound great by other politicians. The pres didnt go up there with a script, he didnt need to, he spoke from the heart and sometimes the heart fumbles the words a little cause it is UNREHEARSED!!!<br /><br />Ken

SpinnerBait_Nut

Ken it's sad to say but you might as well turn around and talk to the wall.<br />Some here will never get it. NEVER.

bobingardner

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Originally posted by SBN.<br /> <br />
Ken it's sad to say but you might as well turn around and talk to the wall.<br />Some here will never get it. NEVER.
I know what you mean SBN. It's the same arguments over and over again. Some here will just never get it.<br /><br />It's not only what the president says, it's how he presents himself and, I don't really want my president speaking from his heart, or his *bleep*, it's his brain I want to hear from. <br /><br />So which is it? Can a person voice a contradictory opinion and still be a patriotic American? Or, do we have to give up one for the other?

KennyKenCan

Commander

telmanmn,<br /><br />I hope, that if there is another attack upon the U.S., that the terrorists fly their planes into the building that you work in. <br /><br />And, I hope you survive that attack!<br /><br />For then you will know what it is like to have someone try to KILL YOU!<br /><br />I will gaurantee you would not be saying what you are saying!<br /><br />Just maybe, then you'd have a slight clue as to why the president is doing what he's doing!<br /><br />(EDIT: A bit too strong personal attack deleted here)<br /><br />Get your head out of the sand and look around you, and you will find that you are part of only a very small percentage of Americans who think the way you do.<br /><br />If I have offended you, GOOD!<br /><br />Your post has inflamed most of the members on this forum, just look at the responces!

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

right on KCC!<br />only thing I can add is: fool us once (9/11)<br />shame on you, fool us twice shame on ALL of us!

SCO

Lieutenant

Even though you all have said it all , I have to throw in a response too. Logically telmanmn , your anger at GW for producing money and taxes is irrational. This country is the strongest in the world because of capitalism. Your entire vision of what this country should be is self defeating. Luckily for you, you are in the minority. The day that your point of view becomes the majority view is the day that our Country is lost. Your point of view has never in our entire history been the majority view. Why on Earth would you want to risk our Country for your silly vision. If it aint broke dont fix it, idgit. BTW, if a draft is instituted, a draft deferment will not be a part of it. By your logic, because Bush is rich, he does not have the right to engage our armed forces to defend this country. Also, I know of sons of wealthy people over there now. Cheap shot and totally irrational. You would tie our hands behind our backs and rob the country of its wealth and power at the same time. What do you think the enemy will do once you have us hog tied and helpless? THe first sry a double s they will kick will be yours.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

I will have to say that opposing the presidents position is not unamerican or unpatriotic. It is the right of every american. But I remember a time when spitting on the troops coming home from Vietnam was considered "Patriotic". It wasn't.<br /><br />I have issue with people who think that they have some sort of inroads to the president as a man. They assign motives to actions for political purposes. They seek to destroy the person and civilized debate, to forward a political agenda. This is unamerican. GW is not stifleing anyones critisizm of his policies, nor attacking or blaming his predecessor (something that can't be said of Clinton). But to pretend to understand the man based on what the liberal media presents is just plain ignorant.<br /><br />By assigning these labels and machinations to the president is unamerican. It is unworthy of a citizen who truely understands our system of government. These type of attacks diminish our country and I consider it "unamerican."