The pres kicked butt!!!

KennyKenCan

Commander
Re: The pres kicked butt!!!

POINTER94,<br /><br />Well said!<br /><br />Wish I had your righting ability.<br /><br />You said it so elequitly(sp).

LubeDude

Admiral

I listen to Michael Savage at times, and I have to admit to him being way far right, I also have to admit to agreeing with him about 95% of the time. <br /><br />He is always saying that Liberalism is a mental desease. I have to agree with him on this issue also as I do not see how they could think the way they do with out being sick, sick, sick.<br /><br />Makes you want to slap them and say, "WAKE THE HE*L UP, DONT YOU EVEN HAVE A GLIMPS OF WHAT YOU ARE SAYING? This is AMERICA, dont you know why we are who we are?<br /><br />Frustration, upon frustration!!!!!

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

every party has a poop'r right? (telmanmn) <br />dissention is good/healthy thing, but bad mouthing<br />our pres. now is kinda like saying; "yes, those<br />pants make yur booty look big honey"...<br />(how does this help?)<br /><br />GW put it best when he talked about it in the<br />speech. cast your vote if u don't like it. otherwise<br />stop whining and crying... it's stupid and usless!<br />(paraphrased)<br /><br />things I LIKED about what GW said:<br />"not an "uprising", it's a power grab.<br />not a war against islam, it's a war on terrorists.<br />what we are doing in Iraq "can" change history."<br />agree wholeheartedly with these comments!<br />feel free to add any I have missed here gang ;)

bobingardner

Petty Officer 3rd Class

To follow-up on melloyellow's post:<br /><br />- He's the most honest president I've seen so far. <br /><br />- I may not agree with him on everything but I didn't agree with my father on most things and accepted them because I knew he was doing for my own good.<br /><br />- There won't be any unsightly stains to talk about after he leaves office.

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by bobingardner:<br /><br /><br />- There won't be any unsightly stains to talk about after he leaves office.
And he may even leave the silverware and drapes, unlike the last family who looted the place when they left :mad:

SCO

Lieutenant

Lube, I am influenced by Savage too in that respect. My rant was because that kind of thinking needs to be challenged, and it gets old when these people wrap themselves in the peace flag and class envy...in disingenuous attacks on a President that is obviously doing what he thinks to be right for this Country. I'd be more tolerant if these attacks didn't require that they assign untrue motives and character to the President. Kerry for example, might be a fine guy, but he is going to do the wrong thing if elected, so he won't get my vote. I don't need to trash his character. If the peace flag worked in this kind of a situation, we'd all be wrapped in it. We all want peace in this Country. We all want our fighting men home. None of us wants our sons to go to war.

Carphunter

Commander

I feel the true test of a man is how he reacts under extreme pressure. I remember watching GW address the nation following 9/11. I was scared, my Wife was scared, my Children were scared, and I remember us all watching his speech and feeling the comfort in his voice. It was like when something bad happened to you as a child and your mother told you, "Everything is gonna be ok".<br />You could see the true pain in his face. One of the few times I have witnessed a President talk from his heart. He comforted us. I believed what he said, and he has done what he said he would do. Like most everyone, I felt a swell of patriotism on that day that has not diminished, and I have not seen that swell of patriotism diminish in this President either. I have not seen this President waver in the face of adversity, I have not seen this President back down from his enemies, I have not seen this President give in to the pressures of the biased and liberal media. What I have seen is a President that has brought a level of dignity to the Presidency not seen since Reagan.<br /> <br />Clinton made a mockery of the Presidency with his actions. This is not my opinion, this is the truth. What we are seeing happen now, in the world, is what happens when a liberal Democratic President is voted in for two terms.<br />It looks as though the first four years of the Bush administration will be cleaning up the mess left by the last administration. Hopefully, Bush won't have to continue to cleanup the mess from the Clinton administration into his second term.<br /><br />Bob, you hit the nail on the head. I may not agree with everything GW has done, but I sure believe what he is doing is for our own good. (There is nobody I agree with everything on). I trust this President, and I will support him and this administration during this time of crisis and beyond.<br /><br />Peace. :)

SoulWinner

Commander

Hi ya SBN. Peace to you brother :) I have been praying real hard for Toad and JB. Now I have a new name for my list. You are on there too SBN! <br /><br />The Pres did a wonderful job IMHO. Unlike his predecessor, I thought he sounded humble and honest, he seems to genuinely care about the country and his fellow countrymen. May Gods face shine upon him all the days of his life, and you and me and Toad and JB and Ryan and all of the wonderfull people that make up iBoats :) Bless you Telmanmn. We may disagree about politics, but, to quote a wise man, I'll wet a line with you anytime ;)

rogerwa

Commander

How many times did the press ask Bush for an apology last night?? I counted three. Iditots.<br /><br />Speaking of liberal media bias, I understand Ashcroft dropped a bomb on the 911 commission yesterday. I have not seen it in the news at all.<br /><br />For those who didn't hear about it, Ashcroft had a memo declassified that described the restrictions on the intellegence community in communicating with the justice dept. This memo was created by one of the 911 commission members. These restrictions, later removed by the patriot act, were judged by the courts as being not based on any constitutional or legal grounds.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by bobingardner:<br /><br />It's not only what the president says, it's how he presents himself and, I don't really want my president speaking from his heart, or his *bleep*, it's his brain I want to hear from. [/QB]
By "speaking from his heart" I mean that he uses his convictions to make his decisions, not the latest poll results.<br /><br />Ken

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant

What happened to Telmanmn? No responses?<br />No on-line access in Canada? :rolleyes:

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

"There won't be any unsightly stains to talk about after he leaves office."<br /><br />I seriously doubt that.... They'll prolly have to fumigate the oval office with some biological weapons after Bush leaves, to clear up the scum... Maybe thats why Bush wants the WMD's so bad eh'? :p <br /><br />Now Carpy, I have to take issue with this statement..<br />
Clinton made a mockery of the Presidency with his actions. This is not my opinion, this is the truth. What we are seeing happen now, in the world, is what happens when a liberal Democratic President is voted in for two terms.<br />
First and foremost, the conservative "right wing" media pushed the issue to the point of total stupidity... A lie about a "BJ" is all they could make stick.. Hard as they tried, thats all the conservatives had to go on...(prolly a little jelousy as well :D ) Thats the "mockery".. Conservitives could not stick with the real issues that concerned the country, but instead had to stoop to a new all time low by sticking their "nose" in the President Clintons personal "business", where it did not belong... Thats the truth...<br /><br />All nonsense and "bj's" aside.. Did Clinton screw up? Sure.. Several times... Has Bush screwed up? Yep... Probably will again too... Of course in Billy Clintons case, the conservitive hindsight is always 20/20, so you rip him... Not once admiting to the positives, instead sticking with the negative and calling it the gospel....<br /><br />Here, want positive? Name one other president whom, in our lifetime, came as close to getting the US to a near balanced budget as Clinton...? Who?............I'm waiting..... :confused: <br /><br />Wanna talk about cleaning up a mess?.. Remember the trillion+$$$ deficit left to us by Reagan and Bush, and now Dubya's doing it again?... Who cleaned up that Reagan/Bush mess, or at least tried too? Clinton, thats who.. Can you imagine the deficit today if Clinton had not attempeted and progressed in paying it down? If the US debt had continued that way and trillions more were added, today the US dollar would probably be about as worthless as the Peso....<br /><br />Ahhh, guess it's like pounding my head against a brick wall...
frusty.gif
<br /><br />I'm done here... You may now continue the Liberal bashing if you wish...
twak.gif

SCO

Lieutenant

OK Snapper, them liberals, Why, I oughtta.....<br />I'm to the point of thinking BC's problems were trite alright, but then get to thinking that those problems (meaning of Is, lying under oath) were symptomatic of a general lack of character that was manifest in his approach to being the President. That's a debate for the ages. The point is that you can't necessarily sweep it under the carpet as a separate and irrelavent failing. We have to assume that although he conducts himself dishonorably in one area that he wouldn't in another. Ok. The Bush bashers though are just making this stuff up as they go along, for example accusing Bush of doing all this to put money in his fat cat friends pockets. BTW, Clinton didn't clean up squat. His fiscal policy was thwarted at every turn( don't call me out on this one, I need backup Ralph :confused: ). My general command of the facts has an all Republican Congress at the right time, the defeat of Hillarys health care plan, the primal scream of the voters voting in the Republican Congress, and finally, Clinton coming in with the economy on the upswing and leaving with it on the downswing. All the while Clinton precided over the great expansion of the economy due to the advancement of computer technology and the internet. Do you remember the interest rates when Carter was in office. Ragan saved the economy. His tax cuts resulted in more IRS income, not less. You get more blood out if you dont bleed the patient to death.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

snapperbait,<br /><br />Just so you don't walk away from this thinking it was the best of times, Bill and Hillary earned their reputations as liars, theives and cheats.<br /><br />Gut the military and the FBI, and the CIA and the DEA, Secret Service, ATF, INS, then blame GW for the terrorist attacks? That clown left the keys to the store in the door... How many affairs were there, and intimidation of these abused women, and mysterious deaths? How about the pardons for money deal? How about all those churches he saw burn down in his home town in Ark? Rose Law firm billings found under the bed 3 years later doesn't pass the laugh test, how about the secret meetings held by Hillary for the purpose of absorbing 20% of the nations economy? Congress holds the purse strings my friend not the president so if you want to lump praise somewhere start there.. Lobbing a couple of cruise missiles in the desert at an asprin factory doesn't make you a commander in cheif. Selling technology to the chineese for campaign contributions nahh, thats ok. Buddist monks who took a vow of poverty handing over bags of money. How many terrorist attacks went unavenged? <br /><br />What do all these failure (that is just a few, there were so many) have in common. They point to a charactor flaw in a man so self absorbed he would put his family, friends and country in turmoil to attain some twisted vision of greatness. Even after leaving office he has failed to observe the traditional practices that all his predecessors had. Trashing GW publically during the election. The man is disgusting self promoter for the sake of himself and himself only.<br /><br />This was a disgracful time in our countries history. This man was the head sleeze, and using your checkbook to evaluate the quality of a mans leadership is a poor benchmark. I was far better off during his tenure but that had nothing to do with him. I give myself more credit than that and so should you. My god these pieces of dog dirt tried to steal silverware and artwork from the White house upon their departure.<br /><br />Replacing the carpet was minor in the big picture, but when a mans wife doesn't trust him why should we?<br /><br />FYI: You do with an intern what he did while working where I do, and you get a pink slip.<br /><br />History forgotten represents lessons lost. This guy was one of the worst. This is not aimed at you personally but to those who have forgotten exactly how everyday we got that sick feeling (daily) in our stomach's whenever our federal government provided spin for failures, lies and deception. :(

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

LOL @ SCO... Why I oughta! :D <br /><br />Assume.. Yep.. It's the old "where there's smoke, there's a fire" deal.. That's how I feel..<br /><br />Wish I was wrong about the prez, but I don't think so... (once thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken) :p

LubeDude

Admiral

Ya know, this is what fries me about all of this about Clinton VS Bush. Can you tell me that if Clinton had been a Republican that he wouldnt have been trown out of the Whitehouse so fast because of the scandals that he woulnt have Known what hit him! The Dems would have strung him up from the Whitehouse steps!!! Everyone would have been against him from the media on, BUT NOOOOOOOOO, Hes a really good guy and we need him, lets just sweep it under the rug. Lying to the grand jury, No big deal, He really didnt mean It, thats OK. NOT!!!!!!!! He should be in Jail, not trying to figure out how he is going to make himself look good in history. Im ashamed to have his name on the list of past presidents.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Pointer, this is the perfect example of your hindsight about cutting the Military, FBI, CIA, DEA, Secret Service, ATF, INS budgets being 20/20... Terrorist attack.. I'm not blaming anyone, just the terrorists.. I suppose you new? I sure as hell did'nt...<br /><br />If you feel GW is now at least in some way a shameless self promoter who's grabbing at the brass ring, you may be a fool.. Dubya is still working on his reputation as "an arrogant little man from Texas".. He'll most likely hang himself and his administration yet, given enuff rope...<br /><br /> "Congress holds the purse strings my friend not the president so if you want to lump praise somewhere start there." <br />True.. An excellent example of how the system is supposed to work.. Clinton proposed, the republican congress held too it... Done deal...

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

SB,<br /><br />I guess we will agree to disagree....<br /><br />GW ran on a platform of rearming our military and boltering our national security..

SCO

Lieutenant

Snapper, you make a good point about foresight, but, we rep's didn't like the idea of cutting those programs that severely. Its a fundamental dem/rep split because the dems viewed military money as wasted. They'd rather create an ever expanding entitlement class of people that no longer forage for themselves with that money. Its fair to say that we were weakened by the anti military and covert capability path we took... a democrat mistake borne of misplaced ideology. To be fair though, I think all of us did that some after the fall of the USSR. We thought they were the enemy to end all enemies. We felt uneasy, but kept somewhat quiet as the Country took a big left turn with a Democrat at the helm(see, this is a boating forum).